The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
45 minutes on my bike yesterday and...........

...................I have some great news.

I found Sophie!

I've just updated her thread in Crossing The Bridge. Thank you all so much for keeping her in your thoughts.

:grphug:
That is incredible good news! Who knows what kind of adventures she had, but I'm sure she is happy to be back at home :)

We have had now 22cm snow coming in this single snow fall, forecast says now that 5cm more is to come in this snow fall, that is 27cm of snow in one go, it is bit much here and that being wet snow it is quite heavy job to push that around.

So yesterday evening I did push snow for about 30 minutes.

Today I was on yard for 2,5 hours, maybe 1,5 hours pushing snow, one car driver drove into a ditch and rest was playing with cats.

One person claimed that according to science cats are not capable of emotions, they would not have such higher level thinking, but that person should see cats running on that 200 meters of paths with intersections and hideouts I made for them, they came to greet me tail very straight up and then running around and chasing each other, that did show pure enjoyment in my opinion, no matter what science or scientist say.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my god, Norachan! That is certainly the best news I've read in a long, long time. Bless that farmer for telling you that he thought she was there. And thank goodness, she is safe!. That has made my day!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie is back :banana1: Sophie is back :banana1:
That's so wonderful. It makes me wanna exercise :woohoo:
I will go for a 20 min jog today and I'll try go a little bit faster because Sophie is home :clap::clap::clap:

Keep going everybody.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour of snow pushing

46 minutes of bicycle ride, average heart rate was 134 and still it took 1.6 times normal time to complete that ride.

Today no place was sore, but muscles just seem not to operate properly, even lifting my arm takes lot of effort.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you everyone.

Sophie is doing well. She's eating and sleeping a lot and she pooped for the first time this morning. (I know I can say that on TCS and you'll all understand why I'm happy about it.) 

An hour of yoga and 30 minutes on my bike today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yay for pooping, Sophie! Norachan, I'm so glad that girl is home. 

3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning. 

I need.....ready? I need 6,900 steps to reach 7,000,000 lifetime steps! (Actually, I just checked my FitBit and since I walked this morning, I now need 29 steps! 29! I think I'll walk over to the restroom. 
 ) That's in not quite 2-1/2 years.

Seven million, here I come!  

ETA: And I have my seven million steps!!  
  That's roughly about 3,400 miles.

I don't get another badge, though, until I've walked 4,132 miles....I don't know how FitBit figures this stuff out.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody.
Winchester Winchester that is sooo amazing. You are awesome Woman. So awesome. :worship: :woohoo: keep going.

Yesterday I did my chest and biceps in the morning and triceps and abs in the afternoon.
Today I trained my shoulders and back with Rohan. He told me next week I will add another rep onto my strength training. 6 reps/ 8 sets instead of 5 reps/ 8 sets. It doesn't sound like much but I know it will be. i really want to get better and better at this so I just do what he says as best as I can. ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations @Winchester  You should treat yourself to a pedicure and foot massage after all that.

Keep going @Tammat  You can do it!

One hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk today. It's so warm out, can't believe it's late November.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys!

You're all doing great! Norachan, our warm November seems to have gone away....our lows the past two nights were in the 20s with highs only in the 30s. Right now, we're below our normal temps. 
 It's cold out there!

JTbo, I dread hearing about the snow. It will be coming here soon, too.

Tammat, you just rock!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my legs today with Rohan. I went heavier on my strength squats (5 reps) and I did a better job on my TORQ squats ( high reps). Today was better than last week and next week will be better than this week. ;)

Come on!! We can do this :woohoo:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another cold night....we bottomed out at around 25 degrees. Even the basement was chilly this morning until I started moving on the treadmill. Then I could take my sweatshirt off and walk with my long-sleeved t-shirt. But when I first went downstairs, it was chilly.

The good news is that we are to be close to 60 tomorrow and in the 50s on Friday before dropping back down over the weekend.

Good job for all of us! Keep going!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 days ago I did eat kind of doughnuts, but they don't have hole in middle and in middle there is sweet jam, I eat whole bag of them, 900 grams, that is roughly 3000kcal, so I needed to burn some off.

I went to bicycle ride, it had lot of ice that had almost melted, at sides there was quite bit of snow and only truck tracks to ride, so it was quite hard pushing for nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Today I rode same route in 1 hour and 17 minutes, road was wet and soft mud in it, also there was lot of thumb size stone, so bicycle again did not move very well, in addition there was quite strong head wind.

I burned more calories today than 3 days ago, I had proper food before I went to ride, that makes world of difference these days to me, it used to be zero effect when I was heavier and I had less fitness.

It felt really good to push hard again, it was pitch black outdoors, but bicycle light helps a lot.

Temperature were around 32 or so, 0 to 1C.

Yesterday I had migraine again so today all sudden jolts have caused weird feelings in my head, also now after bicycle ride I feel something pushing behind of my eye, but cool weather helps lot with after migraine headache that is present day after eyesight disappears.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope your headache is better JTbo.

Thursday I was flat as a pancake. Friday I felt the same so I took two rest days. I wasn't sick I was just fatigued. Sunday I went for my 20 min jog in my new running sneakers. Ahh they felt so good. I'm not hard on my shoes. They still looked great but the support was all gone in the old ones.
Today, Monday I did my chest, biceps, triceps and abs. This was strength but instead of 5 reps/ 8 sets I did 6 reps/ 8 sets. That little extra rep does make a difference. I felt really good after my rest though and I think I did well.

Go everybody go.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A little bit of sugar isn't such a bad thing @JTbo  I think you must burn off 3000 calories just keeping warm where you are.

Glad to hear you're all still exercising.

I did one hour of yoga and 30 minutes bike ride on Thursday.

Friday was a long walk, 3 hours hike along the Tokai nature trail. I had a little piece of chocolate cake as a reward afterwards. 

I seem to meet a cat where ever I go. I love the way his ears are reflected in the pool.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Norachan, I doubt that I would get any exercising done there, because I would just stare with amazement of those beautiful places :D
I had to look twice to really get that there is a cat, for some reason it did look like a snow leopard to me, even those probably don't even live there? Very beautiful cat and excellent picture :)

@Tammat, thank you, headache seems to be better for now :)

I did ride to shop with a bike, that was 800kcal burned, muddy wet roads, it was raining water and very wet snow with water, complete darkness without other lights than what I had in my bicycle.

Oh, forgot to mention, yesterday I scared some burglars from one old house which past I rode and I stopped to tell farmer who owns that other house, so they got to check that everything was ok there.

Sun rises at 9:17am and sets 15pm so if I ride at 5pm as it often seems to be, it is dark like at midnight, even during day automatic lights sometimes burn as when it is very cloudy there just is not much light at all, even at middle of day, there is more light at midnight during summer than there is now at middle of day.

Bicycle light battery consumption is quite high, it seems every time I ride I have to keep lights on.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The beauty of your area never fails to completely astound me, Norachan.

3.5 miles walked during my lunch today (Rick is home with Jackie today, so I didn't have to go home during lunch). It was glorious out there!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
 ​So beautiful place Norachan, I love it and great pics!

More vacuuming to do here up and down the stairs, keeping me in good shape...I hope :-)

I need to wash my floor too, just waiting for my girls to take a nap.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody.
Lovely pics Norachan. Thanks for sharing.
I did back and shoulders today with Rohan. It totally wore me out. I've got an awful feeling that I might be getting a cold? I hope I'm wrong. Our weather has been so changeable it's crazy. Yesterday was hot and humid. Today is cold and dull. I'm not swapping for snow though. No way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.