Pregnant cat worried

Myrthe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
I got a pregnant cat who is 63-65 days pregnant and its also her first pregnancy but im a little bit worried because last week Thursday & Friday she had a really tiny yellowish/whitish blobish sticking out of her vulva and today she has a little bit of a brown/red discharge. Should i be worried? She’s eating and drinking like normal and sometimes acts like she s not even pregnant but sometimes she does act like she s pregnant.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi there,
I got a pregnant cat who is 63-65 days pregnant and its also her first pregnancy but im a little bit worried because last week Thursday & Friday she had a really tiny yellowish/whitish blobish sticking out of her vulva and today she has a little bit of a brown/red discharge. Should i be worried? She’s eating and drinking like normal and sometimes acts like she s not even pregnant but sometimes she does act like she s pregnant.
I think its normal.

This blobish is prob the mucose plug. Theorethically if goes off hours before deliver, but in practice may go off more than a week before.

A little brownred discharge is normal, as long its not alive blood..

Has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less pregnant? Its not always very visible, but this happens a couple of days before delivery....

During the time; be sure she eats calcium rich food. Whatever you have at home and she eats. Cant hurt, may help.
This advice because low calcium level may cause weak labor.

A trick of trade - your girl sounds healthy and good.

Last edited: