The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow - everyone's doing great :clap:

Confession time - I started new meds on Friday. The side effects have knocked me for six. Exercise just isn't possible at the moment. I'm really hoping things settle as my body adjusts.

In the meantime, keep going everyone :hyper: I'll rejoin you all as soon as I can (hoping it's not too long :cross: )

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just over 12,500 steps now
It was barely 7,000 earlier but I got home early and decided to go for a walk around a nearby pond I've been meaning to explore since it was cleaned up and paths put in. It wasn't much: the path only went partway around the pond before ending up in the parking lot of an apartment complex and you couldn't even see the pond because of all of the trees and shrubbery and plants in the way
The other path went partway around the other end of the pond and there were benches on that side and an open area that was kind of quiet. Afterwards I walked to the supermarket to buy dinner. I contemplated an after dinner walk but wonky foot had enough walking for the day.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done LTS3 :clap:
New meds Columbine- ok we will let this one slide :lol3: take care:hugs: we wil be here waiting.

I did chest and biceps this morning. This afternoon I'm doing cardio with Rohan.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Everyone is doing so well. @Columbine  you sound like you need time to adjust to your new meds, don't rush it. You'll know when you're ready.

@Winchester  Nice to hear from you again, glad to hear that you're keeping up with your walking.

@LTS3  I know someone else who is doing the same thing as you. Her boss has got the whole office involved, he makes them stand up and walk on the spot while they're talking on the phone. 

Well, the monsoon has started here, which means no more yoga on the deck for a while. I did an hour of yoga and an hour walk on Friday, a 90 minute walk on Saturday and took a break yesterday as I had loads of other things I needed to catch up on. Going to start yoga soon, I'll aim for 90 minutes today.

Keep it up everyone, lets all try and run a marathon by the time we're 92. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, can I join in? I've just started doing the 21 day fix. It has a 30 minute workout every day. I also take my kids for walks almost every day when the weather is good (which it is not today, it's pouring rain). Pushing a double stroller with about 45 pounds of combined weight between my 2 kids up hills gets a pretty good workout.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:wavey::wavey: You are all doing so well! :clap:

I have still been walking, but haven't been posting. I've been doing a lot of yard work as well. :nod:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell you one thing, spring migraine is not a fun thing, many times I started writing here but then migraine hit and I had to just get to bed, weeks and weeks in bed, finally it is starting to get little better, last one was few days ago and only small one, so I guess it is back to 'normal' now.

I have had two bike rides, 1 hour and 2 hour rides, few days ago I picked up where I left with wood chopping and I did also some stone removing from field, which is quite nice workout.

Not being able to do anything seems to build up my waist, I have gained way too many lbs, so need to do a lot of workouts now to make fat melt, if those migraines just allow that, but it should be bit easier now, autumn is usually best time as then there is less migraines and spring is quite bad time, but still alive, somehow.

I got new blood pressure monitor too, not much development there 130/85 with pulse of 49, lack of workouts kind of shows.

Also I learned Canadian way of wood chopping, or at least I was told it being Canadian way, where you just hit log so that axe is staying there, then drop / ram log with axe against solid object, like big tree stump, axe is left between log and tree stump, that method works really well, lot less wood chips and bigger the log easier it splits.
It is good workout too to pickup 20-40lbs log and ram it down, works more muscles than swinging axe.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back jtbo jtbo :hugs: Glad the migranes are finally easing. I know how tough and draining it is to be in constant pain. Really hope you'll get a decent break from them now :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

That wood chopping sounds like a major workout :nod:

Welcome catlover19 catlover19 :wavey:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might hit close to 20,000 by bedtime
I did over 10,000 steps in just 2 hours morning during my walk to and from the library and then to the supermarket. Got some more steps in by doing laundry (well, hanging up damp items all over my place) and getting a package ready to be shipped this weekend. Then I attemtped to read my new library book but ended up zonking out 
Went for an after dinner walk but didn't stay out too long because it got cloudy and super windy. I would have gone to the fitness center but I don't have any "appropriate apparel" to wear there yet. I still have to get some plus athletic sneakers.

I have noticed that when I do close to 20,000 steps I end up falling asleep pretty quicky at night. Maybe because I'm super tired from walking that much

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my 30 minute workout and my almost 3 year old daughter did it with me (well, sort of). She was funny "look mommy I working out too". It was tough and my legs were weak feeling after. It stopped raining and we walked to the library this evening. We usually go farther but baby was being grumpy. I'm glad we got home when we did because it down poured about 15 minutes later. 

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I tell you one thing, spring migraine is not a fun thing, many times I started writing here but then migraine hit and I had to just get to bed, weeks and weeks in bed, finally it is starting to get little better, last one was few days ago and only small one, so I guess it is back to 'normal' now.

I have had two bike rides, 1 hour and 2 hour rides, few days ago I picked up where I left with wood chopping and I did also some stone removing from field, which is quite nice workout.

Not being able to do anything seems to build up my waist, I have gained way too many lbs, so need to do a lot of workouts now to make fat melt, if those migraines just allow that, but it should be bit easier now, autumn is usually best time as then there is less migraines and spring is quite bad time, but still alive, somehow.

I got new blood pressure monitor too, not much development there 130/85 with pulse of 49, lack of workouts kind of shows.

Also I learned Canadian way of wood chopping, or at least I was told it being Canadian way, where you just hit log so that axe is staying there, then drop / ram log with axe against solid object, like big tree stump, axe is left between log and tree stump, that method works really well, lot less wood chips and bigger the log easier it splits.
It is good workout too to pickup 20-40lbs log and ram it down, works more muscles than swinging axe.
Hurray, you're back! We missed you. Those migraines sound awful. Are you taking anything for them? My Dad and brother both suffer from them. They've tried different medicines but say the best thing is a cooling ice pack on the back of the head when they first feel one coming on.

Of course you can join in @catlover19  Pushing those kids around sounds like hard work to me.

I managed 90 minutes yoga and a two hour walk yesterday, to make up for my lazy weekend.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're back JTbo :clap:
Welcome Mrs B :wavey: I remember walking my kids around in the pram. it was tough and if they were grumpy it would make me grumpy too :lol3: you sound like a much calmer Mum than me. :D
Hi AbbysMom:wavey:

I did 20 mins of tabata this morning and then 12 mins this evening.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi JTbo :wavey: glad you are back.

Welcome Mrs B :wavey:

Hi AbbysMom :wavey:

This is my second post. The last one disappeared.??

Today I did 20 mins of tabata in the morning and 12 mins in the evening.

Keep going everybody :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back, JTbo. You have been missed. I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Good work, everybody! 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20 mins of tabata then a 25 min walk this morning.
Back and triceps with Rohan in the afternoon. He taught me how to do tabata properly!!! Now I know for next time. ;)

Keep going everybody. :banana1:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This weekend may be the first mini challenge in which to beat your personal best step but I've already beaten my own personal best again
I got in 20,679 steps yesterday, just 8 steps more than the previous best step
In a way it's good because I know I can get steps in and the exercise is good. But in a way it's kind of bad because now this weekend I have to do more than 20,679 steps in a single day
I know that's not going to happen on Sunday so I have to do it on Saturday.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.25 miles on the treadmill this morning. 

It's gotten really humid outside; I'm not even going to go there. I didn't walk earlier this week because Rick was on vacation, so I was the one getting up to feed the furkids. When I do that, I don't have time to hit the treadmill. He went back to work today, so I hit the treadmill this morning.

LTS3, how are you measuring your steps? Are you using some kind of pedometer or a Fitbit? I've had a Fitbit now for almost two years. You're doing very well! 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3, how are you measuring your steps? Are you using some kind of pedometer or a Fitbit? I've had a Fitbit now for almost two years. You're doing very well! 
The global challenge gives all participants a generic pedometer (two actually). The challenge does support FitBit and other fitness devices and you can sync these to your account so you don't have to manually enter steps each day.

Even before the challenge I was thinking of getting a FitBit, not the basic one that looks like a Tamagotchi (remember those egg shaped electronic virtual pets from the late 1990s?) but the one up from that.

Almost at 6,000 steps now

Keep it up everyone!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An hour of yoga on Tuesday, an hour of yoga and 30 minutes on my bike yesterday.

Today I met some friends for lunch then spent the whole afternoon gossiping. Very lazy, but I hadn't seen these people for a while and we had some really good gossip to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.