The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Everyone has been doing so well. 

I did an hour of yoga yesterday and today and about an hour walk this afternoon.

I tried your suggestion of doing yoga outside @Columbine  but there are just too many distractions out there. Maybe when I've got the garden straight.......

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
4 miles walked during lunch

I just got my Monarch Migration badge from Fitbit. I've walked 2,500 miles, which is the number of miles monarch butterflies migrate every year.

1 mile on the treadmill tonight in between laundry and the trash.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2,500 miles :woohoo: :blobgreen. That's super awesome Winchester!!!!! I bet that's motivating :D

I did my chest and biceps this arfternoon.

Everybody is doing great.
@JTbo hope you are doing well. We miss you.:grphug2:

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Tammat. All I keep thinking is that if I could get my butt in gear and keep my butt in gear, I might actually get some place this year. This starting and stopping stuff is getting old.

JTbo, you doing OK?

Good job, people! 

2 miles on the treadmill this morning. (Not sure what will happen during lunch as we are in the forecast for some rain today.)

3.25 miles walked during lunch

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :woohoo: :wow: :worship:

Winchester Winchester 2500 miles is amazing :D Even when it feels like you're not doing so well, remember this achievement. Hopefully it will get easier as the weather gets better.

Too tired to do anything today :sigh: (still paying for Tuesday's yoga set). Will do some more yoga tomorrow. It's gone really cold here again (hail and light snow even...and it's almost May :confuse3: )...too cold for me to be able to ride. Roll on warmer weather, that's all I can say.

Hope your migranes have eased @JTbo

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did shoulders and triceps with Rohan this morning. I've been bulking so it was to be expected that I gain a little body fat. I knew I was overdoing it but I thought I was getting away with it until this morning. I was noticeably fatter. :jaw:
I did my back this afternoon and then I will be doing some tabata.
Another lesson learned for me :D
Keep going everyone. :clap:

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't done any real exercise for the past two days because I've been spending all my time cleaning the house and getting the garden looking nice. My brother-in-law, his wife and their baby are coming to visit so I want the place to look tidy.

I'm sure cleaning must be good exercise, right?

@Winchester  Congratulations on your mile stone. I never realised butterfly could fly so far.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We left early yesterday morning. Took the day off work and went spent the day down at the Green Dragon. You would think that with all the walking we thought we did, my Fitbit would tell me that I had walked on a small journey. Wrong! I barely walked two miles all of yesterday.

So this morning, I got up and hopped on the treadmill for 2.5 miles.

Will be working outside in the yard most of the day; that should count for something. We'll see.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yard work definitely counts for something :nod:

Walked round town - mostly present shopping for mum (it's her birthday on Tuesday), then walked part way home. Probably 15 mins proper walking (as opposed to wandering round shops) in total. Intended to go and muck out etc this afternoon, but barely had the energy to move. Oh well...I suppose 15 mins walking is better than nothing at all. Will try to do better tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, I have a new Fitbit personal best today. This morning I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill. We worked outside pretty much all day long. And I walked 25,603 steps, or 11.34 miles today. We came back from Lowes tonight, I checked and still needed 271 steps to make my 25,000. So I figured, oh what the heck. Went downstairs and did .25 mile on the treadmill. No way was I going to pass that 25,000 step milestone up tonight. My last milestone was 20,000 steps and I think that was back in the summer of 2013.

New badge. New personal best. 25,000 steps! I'll take it!  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations Winchester. That's great!

Mr Husband used to have a Fitbit, but I put it through the wash. 

I hour walk yesterday, round the village to feed all my ferals..

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: :wow: That's amazing Winchester. What an achievement. I bet that's motivating for you :)

No energy this morning. I'll be mucking out Collie later on, then catching her in etc etc. If I've got the time/energy I might play join up with her in the lunge ring (really cute...after sending her on with my body language for a bit she plays 'follow my leader' with me. I jog and she trots, I stop and she stops, I turn and she turns. I sometimes wonder whether it's her trying to give me the workout though :lol3: )

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! Unfortunately, it was all I could go to get my old body out of bed on Sunday morning and every time I bent down while being outside, my muscles kept screaming, "Are you serious?! You really think we can do this....all this bending?" So yesterday, I was a little more careful. Spent most of the day weeding in the strawberry patch where I just had to crawl around on the ground. Kneepads are wonderful. 
 I'm still really sore this morning.....my lower back is in terrible shape.

3 miles on the treadmill this morning. (I won't get a lunch walk in as I have a dr appt at 2 and don't want to get sweaty and then have to go to the appt.)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find heat works wonders for lower back pain - either a hot water bottle, a microwaveable heat pad or you can get disposable back brace type wraps (like this https://m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?path...e-2-single-use-heatwraps_865683/&unCountry=uk ). Hope the stiffness eases soon.

If I can find the energy I'm going to ride Collie this afternoon. If that doesn't happen, I'll do an hour of gentle yoga. Just finding it hard to move at the moment. Didn't play with Collie yesterday - just mucking out etc finished me off.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Walked for an hour yesterday.

Going to start yoga again this morning. It seems ages since I did any. It's raining today so I can't go out and garden like I usually would. A bit of rain is just what my lawn needs though.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So, I managed to do an hour of yoga and a 90 minute walk today. I was pretty stiff. Gardening is fun but I need to make sure I do yoga a lot more regularly.

I also scrubbed the grime off one of the outside walls of the house and put some netting up over my office window so I can grow Morning Glories up it and get a bit of shade in the summer.

I could do with a hot bath and an early night now....but I'm just about to start work.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Norachan Norachan . It sucks to have to go to work exhausted. Just think of all those sweet little mouths you have to feed ;)

Ok - confession time. Yesterday I did nothing. Had great intentions, but fell asleep :sigh: Hate it when that happens.

Today is better so far (kind of). 45min walk into town and back...in the rain. It's mum's birthday today and I screwed up her present :anon: Had to go into town to try to fix it while she was out. She's just back now. Hope it works... :cross:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Columbine, I use a lot of heat on my back. When all else fails, I get a hot water bottle out and lay on it on the floor. I also keep the electric blanket on our bed longer than I probably should in the spring. But when my back is really aching, the warmth from the blanket helps as well.  Eventually it all goes away and I feel better.

Norachan, poor you! All that work and then you have to go to work! I hope you're feeling better now and can get some rest.

Tammat, you make me laugh. I think you're doing beautifully. 

JTbo? You around? Are you OK?

3 miles on the treadmill this morning

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everybody :clap:
My update. I did my back on Friday afternoon.
Sunday I did my legs and I struggled. I stopped and then thought that I would have to tell Rohan so I got going again and finished.
Monday I did shoulders and back. My shoulders have grown ever so slightly. :woohoo:
Tuesday was biceps, triceps and chest.

That's fantadtic about your 25,000 steps Winchester :woohoo::blobgreen:blobyello:banana1:

Go people go :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.