The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Around 1 hour walking (dog walk then walk into town the long way round for shopping). Had a bad few days, but am trying to get back in the swing of things again.

tammat tammat Falling off is part and parcel of horse riding. I've had some dramatic falls over the years, but managed never to break anything until last summer - was riding Collie without stirrups and she had a major spook. She's so quick and sharp that I got thrown against the side of the school from her full blown gallop. That resulted in cracked ribs and a deep tissue injury round my collarbone. I swear I never came off ex racehorses half as much as I do off her :rolleyes: She's got such a short neck that when she rears my head is in front of hers! I'm sure that's part of the problem - you have your be so much more balanced to stay on when she plays up. Wouldn't be without her though :heart3:

Sorry - can't resist. Latest pics of her

Greyhounds are wonderful btw. If you do get one you won't regret it ;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Collie is awesome :clap: thanks for the pics.

It's Sunday and I've done my legs today. I did a bit of cleaning in the shed today in my gym area. I put up inspirational pics and rearranged things to fit in better.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you :D She thinks she's awesome too :lol3:

1 hour yoga today. Did some Haha for a change. I'd forgotten how different is is from Kundalini -soo much slower. Still, I need to go easy right now if I want to avoid triggering fibro flare ups, so maybe it was a good thing.

Hope all that cleaning etc inspires you to even greater workouts Tammat (not that it looks like you need the help from here ;) )

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Haha yoga sounds like it would be a laugh!

I spent 30 minutes raking the cat's enclosure and sprinkling grass seed this morning. I want to have a lawn. less muddy paw prints to mop up on wet days.

Then 90 minutes yoga this afternoon. Ashtanga, not Haha. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Come to think of it, I'm sure I've heard of a branch of yoga called laughter yoga. Very weird...

Spent 1 hour deep cleaning the bathroom. Too tired to do anything else.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my chest and biceps at home in my newly cleaned and organised gym. I was actually excited to get out there. I then did my triceps with Rohan in the afternoon.
I bought some cheap carpet squares that fit together like a jig saw puzzle for a small area in the shed. The carpet squares have foam backing so I can do push ups and sits ups instead of on the concrete.

Keep going everybody :clap:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
30 minutes cycling around the village, doing all me errands, than a 90 minute walk through the woods. It's all starting to get that fresh, spring green look. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
2.25 miles walked on the treadmill this morning

3.5 miles walked during lunch today

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuesday I did my shoulders and then as I was about to walk out to do my back my daughter fell over and hurt her knee and she was very dramatic about it - as little girls can be :D so that workout went out the window.

Wednesday I did my back in the morning and then my legs in the afternoon. I also shovelled a small trailer load of mulch in between. I went to bed early that night :lol3:

Today I've done my chest and biceps this morning and now I'm about to do triceps as soon as I finish this post. I'm out in my gym- in - the - shed right now. I love it out here. I open the doors up and get some fresh air. I think it will be hard to get going in winter but summer will probably be worse- very hot in a steel shed :D

Ok. Enough procrastinating. Keep going everybody. :clap:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: Everyone's doing great :D

I've had to take another few days off :sigh: Going to get back to it today - either schooling Collie or some yoga. Not sure which yet. Think Collie's my first choice (it's a gorgeous day), but it depends how timings work out.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Despite my intentions, yesterday was a wash out. Had to do a little shopping in the morning and it totally wiped me out for the day :(

Went to the yard today - mucked out my pony, walked up the fields to catch her and then gave her a 30min intensive groom...she's shedding her winter coat like crazy (harder work than it sounds, I promise ;) )

I still can't help looking for the semi feral I was trying to catch when I go down there. I hate the way it ended...even though she did lead me to Asha. I'll just have to adjust to it, I guess :sigh:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only trained my brain recently, too bad migraines for anything else.

World has something like 200 billion trillion planets, which many are probably like our earth, there are probably more than one intelligent species, but we never know about them because of great distances.
Understanding sheer size of universe makes all fights and such really pointless.

Each dot at highest zoom level might contain many of planets and that is just part of one galaxy of probably over 200 billion.
http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

Exercising doesn't seem quite so important either when really getting that scale of world one lives in, everything feels so tiny things compared to size of world :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry to hear you're getting migraines @JTbo  My Dad and brother both suffer from them, but luckily for me only the men in my family seem to get them.

One hour bike ride yesterday. I really want to get back into doing more yoga but the lure of the great outdoors is too strong for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.