The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did 30 mins yoga today :D I know it's not much compared to the rest of you, but it's a big deal to me :hyper:

Norachan Norachan Just realised I forgot to say...pony's name is Columbine (Collie for short). Guess where I got my name!;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Columbine :wavey: we are just here to motivate each other. It's not how much you do ;).
I did my legs today. I'm getting a bit bad a procrastinating lately. Today I set an alarm on my phone 11.30 am. The alarm tone is the Rocky Theme. i got started about 12. It's funny how all the little jobs that I've been avoiding seem more appealing when I should be working out!!! The good thing about my shed gym is that I'm all set up ready to go for tomorrow. I couldn't do that inside the house. It was dangerous with curious children around:D

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome Tammat :)
I hear you about procrastination. I'm really bad for doing that too. Setting a 'Rocky' alarm is a great idea. Glad it worked for you.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Even 30 minutes yoga is a great start @Columbine  

Your pony looks so sweet. I can imagine what a handful she is though. I started off on little 12hh or 13hh ponies when I was a kid and they are so bossy and determined to get what they want. It was such a relief to graduate on to the bigger ponies.

I've done Kundalini meditation but not Kundalini yoga. The meditation involved lots of breathing techniques to get you slightly light headed before the sitting part of it. I'm going to check out the yoga, it sounds interesting.

1 hour of yoga and 30 minutes bike ride today. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I know exactly what you mean about bigger ponies being a relief. I love Collie to bits, but manys the day I long for the simplicity of an ex racer TB :lol3:

The Kundalini breathing isn't meant to make you lightheaded. It takes a while to not hyperventilate doing it though! It's designed to force you to focus, thereby stopping the internal chatter of the mind to make the stillness of meditation easier to achieve. If just the breathing makes you lightheaded, be prepared for the yoga to amplify that feeling at first :lol: Once you get over that it's amazing the difference it can make. I found the breathing fairly easy to get the hang of, but I was a wind player for years and that teaches immense breath control.

Thanks for the encouragement. You still put me to shame though ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
3.5 beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful miles walked during lunch today! It is 48 F, sunny and brilliant outside! No coat, just a sweatshirt! Life is good!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slush is gone from main roads, no ice or snow either on roads, loads of smaller roads though.

So I changed summer tires and made short 10km spin, first against the wind, then with the wind, it was great, riding at top gear over 30km/h without even pushing :D

No clouds, bright sun, even cat's started to sunbath, also spotted a crow and hawk of some sort.

Cat's were also running on top of snow as snow is now hard enough for even me to walk on without sinking (and I weight over 200lbs), also they did their own workout routines of climbing up to fence and jumping onto roof of warehouse, climbing up to pine trees and poking holes in snow with their paws.

Weather should be same until next week, so I plan to be quite busy at outdoors, I can't match agility of cats or yours in yoga, but I need to fell few logs and split a lot of firewood which will be my workout for next week or few.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:sigh: Fibro got the best of me today...literally barely had the energy to move. Got as far as feeding Asha, then fell asleep - all day :(

Will try to do better tomorrow...

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3.5 beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful miles walked during lunch today! It is 48 F, sunny and brilliant outside! No coat, just a sweatshirt! Life is good! :clap:
Oh yay! I'm so happy for you to get nice weather. You deserve it. We are having a pretty average day here today. It's not cold but it's pretty close. I'm wearing a skirt because I refuse to wear pants just yet. Pants would be warmer :lol3:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Slush is gone from main roads, no ice or snow either on roads, loads of smaller roads though.

So I changed summer tires and made short 10km spin, first against the wind, then with the wind, it was great, riding at top gear over 30km/h without even pushing :D

No clouds, bright sun, even cat's started to sunbath, also spotted a crow and hawk of some sort.

Cat's were also running on top of snow as snow is now hard enough for even me to walk on without sinking (and I weight over 200lbs), also they did their own workout routines of climbing up to fence and jumping onto roof of warehouse, climbing up to pine trees and poking holes in snow with their paws.

Weather should be same until next week, so I plan to be quite busy at outdoors, I can't match agility of cats or yours in yoga, but I need to fell few logs and split a lot of firewood which will be my workout for next week or few.
I'm glad you are getting nicer weather too. I guess this means it's back to chopping firewood for the next winter? Enjoy your bike rides.
Columbine Columbine hopefully tomorrow will be better :hugs:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
our car finally got fixed but we are s till walking to the post office all the time for excerise

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Dejolane.
I did my chest and biceps today. I did procrastinate. I don't know why? I really enjoy it once I get started. I love these heavier weights. The nutrition is making me a bit fatter but it's giving me more strength and it feels great when I think I can't do it but then I do it. Woo Hoo!!!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you are getting nicer weather too. I guess this means it's back to chopping firewood for the next winter? Enjoy your bike rides.
Columbine Columbine hopefully tomorrow will be better :hugs:
You are correct, I started 'season' today, it was bit funny, I could walk on top of snow, it was like concrete :D

Cat's did their workout by exploring snow 'dunes' and running around in the forest.

I took down four trees, limbed (how you say limbing in past form? Autocorrect is not happy with that word) them and cut to logs, then carried logs to piles, which I will later transport to chopping area.

I did count 8 hours of non stop moving and sweating.

Then I went into sauna and after that 30min bicycle ride to shop and back with very fast pace so that there was little pain on my side and I have still not stopped sweating :D

I will have pains tomorrow...

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tammat tammat Thanks for the hugs.

Today wasn't much better, but I forced myself to do some yoga anyway. I managed to do a full hour :jive: I was shaking by the end, but I expect that kind of reaction these days :lol3: :thud:

jtbo jtbo :eek2: Wow! I don't know how you do it :clap: Hope you don't hurt too much tomorrow.

Good work everyone :) Maybe one day I'll be able to keep up with you all ;)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was buying bread this morning and the baker asked me if I work out coz my arms look great!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I haven't stopped smiling :)
When the rocky alarm went at 11.30 I got straight to work. It took me til 1pm by the time I set up ect... I've had to eat, shower and now I have half an hour before I train with Rohan. So I've done back and triceps and I'll do my shoulders at 2. It's Friday so I'll have two rest days and boy do I need them.
You guys keep on moving . We are all doing great. Yay! For us exercisers :) :)

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tammat tammat Thanks for the hugs.

Today wasn't much better, but I forced myself to do some yoga anyway. I managed to do a full hour :jive: I was shaking by the end, but I expect that kind of reaction these days :lol3: :thud:

jtbo jtbo :eek2: Wow! I don't know how you do it :clap: Hope you don't hurt too much tomorrow.

Good work everyone :) Maybe one day I'll be able to keep up with you all ;)
For me, orange juice is like magic potion of Asterix, when doing hard workouts, I tend to drink more than 2 liters of it in a day, it has huge amount of energy.

I forgot to buy orange juice yesterday and today I had none, so I managed only 6 hours of sweating and then I felt too empty to keep going, left arm was getting quite painful and weak during the day, so much that I could not lift frying pan (it is cast iron pan, though) with that arm after the day. Also bottom of feet were like on fire and back was such that had bit of balance issues, but nothing too bad.

Most important is to do it enough slow, listening on body and if I feel like sitting I sit for a moment, very easy to overdo with such heavy work, so I just take my time and try to do it so that I don't run out of breath and that I can keep going for longer time.

During the winter I gained bit too much of weight, I can feel it when walking around with logs, hopefully I can get rid of that extra before summer :D

Tomorrow I probably go to help local farmer, it will be day lifting arm thick and car length wood, will be nice different movements which I have found to be best for me, too much of the same is really difficult to do, but when there is different kind of movements it is lot easier, I guess other muscles can rest for a moment.

Any movement is better than not moving at all, gain will come with time, so enjoy from every movement and let result come when they come, that is what I think works really well at the beginning.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I was buying bread this morning and the baker asked me if I work out coz my arms look great!!!! Woo Hoo!!! I haven't stopped smiling

It's great when people notice isn't it?

I spent all my free time on Thursday shuffling from one government office to the next with a handful of forms as it's time to get all my tax claims in. I hate bureaucracy! 
 Unless they are going to give me a nice tax rebate.

Friday I did one hour of gardening, repairing the fence and collecting fallen tree branches. I'm not as hardcore as JTbo, I wait until the limbs fall to the ground first. Then 1 hour of walking, down to the village to look for the feral cats I feed.

I'm just about to start yoga now. I'll try and do 1 hour.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 hours of sweating, I did fell, limb and cut only one tree, but then I did ski about a mile through forest to nearby farm where I did that wood lifting, there was lot of ice on those logs, so their weight was increased by it quite a bit, in some cases easily 50%.

Heaviest was about 60kg + ice (it was like picking up my scooter, not easy, but doable), good workout.

Greatest challenge was that my left arm did not like from lot of chainsaw usage I have been doing lately, so it had not much strength and was hurting quite a bit.

After I was ready at farm I did ski back, then took bicycle and visited a shop, when coming back from shop I got thumbs up from police as I managed to go faster than speed limit allowed. Rare to see police here actually, but I always see them at that same downhill when I'm returning from the shop.

Tomorrow I try to keep a resting day, then I resume daily routine of good sweat for hours, it is not very hard workout really, something between walking and running, but I get my shirt wet so it must count.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had a rest day (again :( ) yesterday due to a fever all day. I want to get back on track today but I'm not sure if I should. Muscle spams have sent me running for valium (as a muscle relaxant) and tramadol (for the pain).

Yoga on that combination could get interesting...;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.