The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ran 2 x 10 min plus 8 min, totaling 28 min run.  It was 43 and raining, but I'll take that over 100 degrees and can't breathe.  Hopefully I'll be working by then and can afford a gym membership to hit the treadmill.

Off to shower then clinical.  Keep it up everybody!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used my exercise bike for 35 minutes (and varying resistance level) today - makes my 4th session of the week.  That's better.  3x as I had last week, def. doesn't feel as good or like it's enough.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
40 mins run for me today. I really need to do some weights with Jillian but the weather is too perfect to miss out on. Soon it will be wet and cold. I hope you snow walkers get some relief soon. It's just gone on far too long. Bring on spring I say.
Keep going everyone. It's worth the effort.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Everybody is doing so well!

3.5 miles on the elliptical this morning 

I had gotten up with Rick at 3:00; he was leaving for the airport. I went back to bed after he left and then I got back up at 7:00. Drank my coffee before I got on the elliptical. I was here on the board, but felt guilty because I didn't do exercise first. 
 So I went over to the bedroom, did my elliptical stuff. And now I'm back! With a second cup of coffee.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So much exercise going on! :clap:

The day before yesterday was an exercise bike day. Yesterday was nothing. It was just a bad day. It's 30 degrees out so we will be heading out for a walk soon. Have a good day! :wavey:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Used my exercise bike for 35 minutes (and varying resistance level) today - makes my 4th session of the week.  That's better.  3x as I had last week, def. doesn't feel as good or like it's enough.
I have found that I do better with 4+ days/week too.  There's something about those two days off in a row with 3 days/week that makes it harder for me to return to exercising again.  And boy oh boy does my refrigerator fear me on that second day of not exercising! 

I agree with Tammat, you snow walkers are overdue for some decent weather.  I hope you get a break soon.  And lol Winchester, I know what you mean about guilt.  I woke up at 5:30 am but didn't run until after 8:30 am.  I could hear my sneakers yelling at me from the bedroom. 

Just finished my run, 2 x 11 min plus 6 min totaling 28 min run.  I really like this program.  I get so much done with the right amount of "push" vs breaks.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrific work everybody.
I did 30 mins killer buns and 10 mins on the elliptical.
I wore a cotton tank today and the sweat was not nice at all. I usually wear nike dry fit tops ( other brands make them). They are great. I highly recommend them. They don't stop you sweating but you just don't feel as icky in them. You probably all have something similar already but if not that's my little tip for the day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You're all going strong!

3.25 miles on the elliptical this morning

Thanks for the tip, Tammat. On the elliptical, I wear a pair of sweat pants and a plain old Haines t-shirt. I sweat a lot more on the elliptical than I do the treadmill.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear bike shorts or leggings and a T-shirt when I run.  You're right, cotton makes sweat hang around longer.  One day I'll get better workout clothes. 

Today I ran 2 x 12 min plus 4 min totaling 28 min run. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I look like a homeless person when I go out walking. :rolleyes:

4 miles walked yesterday. When the snow stops I'll go for a walk today.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got in 4 exercise bike sessions for last week and 1 day of yard work :)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I wanted to get a cup of coffee Sunday after we walked and I was embarrassed to walk into Starbucks!

4 miles walked yesterday.
I don't know how I do it, but if I work out and get sweaty and then run to the grocery store for just one or two things, I WILL see people that I know. 

Ran 2 x 14 min totaling 28 min.  I now only do one 1 min walk breaks!  I'm also a little ahead of my running schedule since I'm on spring break.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used my bike yesterday after an unexpected dinner out, as I was 5 calories over my daily limit and dang it, I don't do that!  Rode the bike for 30 minutes for session 1 of this week :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work everyone!! I've given up worrying how I look. It is true though that if you dare go out looking your worst you are bound to see someone you know!! It is the same for drop in visitors. They never come when the house is clean and tidy ;)
I'm having a rest day but I am without a car so I'll be walking to buy groceries.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ran 15 + 14 min = 29 min total.  Meeting my preceptor today to get my clinical schedule or the rest of the semester, wish me luck that I can squeeze in workouts!  It's hard for me to be on my feet 12 hours then run, so I don't know what I'm going to do.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
4 miles walked yesterday and a little over 3 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.