The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a rest day yesterday. Today I ran 40 mins. It seemed like an easier option to Jillian. Wrong! There is no easy option.
Keep working people!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a rest day yesterday. Today I ran 40 mins. It seemed like an easier option to Jillian. Wrong! There is no easy option. All exercise is hard work for me. I seem to get better at it but it never gets any easier.
Keep working people!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good work, Tammat. It's not easy and it never does seem to get any easier, does it? 

I didn't do anything this morning as Rick brought me into work. His truck is in the garage for inspection, oil change, tire rotation, etc. so he brought me in then took Hannah on into his work. We should be able to pick the truck up tonight on the way home. He didn't quite trust Clarence because he's been turning over rather hard...we're thinking he might need a new battery. Didn't do my exercises last night because my sister came in and stayed quite a while; til she left, it was rather late. (This is a very big problem with me trying to exercise at night....there's always so much other stuff going on.)

I do plan on walking today at lunch.

Karen, I've been reading about that about the Force. And one of my GFs who's had one since it first came out now has some ugly red bumps on her wrist....she's taking hers back for the recall; I think she's now going to get a Flex.

3.5 miles walking during lunch.

1 mile on the elliptical tonight

Did 3 sets of all of my exercises tonight....took about an hour

And I met my Fitbit goals.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked 54:13 min today.  Just couldn't do a run, I'm too tired after 2 really hard tests today.  I'll probably run early in the morning.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rode my exercise bike for 32 minutes today - session 1 of the week.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job girls. You're doing great. Keep on going!!!!
I did killer buns and thighs 30 mins and then jumped on the elliptical for 10 mins. Pedal pedal pedal for Tamela!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good work, guys!

3.25 miles on the elliptical this morning

2.25 miles walking 

I did something to my leg at the top of the tibia....it really hurts.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Spent the rest of yesterday on the couch with an ice bag on my leg. Part of last night, too. The swelling has gone down a bit, but it's painful. I'm at work and am trying to keep it propped up on my computer. No elliptical or walk today and maybe not even tomorrow. I may let walking go til Monday (although I'm going to try the elliptical on Saturday, depending how things go. The elliptical didn't seem to hurt; walking on the treadmill is painful. Going up and down the steps is painful. Even bending the leg is painful.) It's right at the top of the tibia, right below the knee.

Mollipop had a piece of paper in her mouth and I was trying to catch her. She jumped up on the bed. I got on the bed and made a flying lunge toward her....on that knee. As soon as I did it, I realized that was stupid move....I landed right on my bad knee. And I felt it give. I did my trunk twisting exercises later on and that just made things worse. And the whole time I was on the treadmill yesterday, I'm thinking, "That hurts! Get off the treadmill, Pam!" "Oh, just another quarter-mile!" Until it got so bad that I decided to stop. So I'm done for a while, I think. 

And I didn't catch Mollipop anyway. She jumped back down to the floor and I landed on my face in the bed with my arms stretched out. Molli dropped the paper and I was able to get it when she dropped it.  Brat.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, Winchester! That sounds painful. I hope you heal soon. One thing I've learned about these soft tissue injuries is that what you do in the first 48 hours after the injury determines how it heals. So lots of rest, ice, compression, and elevation.

I ran 4 x 6 min plus 2 min, totalling 26 min.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job Peaches. That's so fantastic! Run girl run!!!

Oh Winchester that's terrible for you. You are very sensible to rest though. Oh these cats can cause us grief sometimes. They are lucky we love them so much ;) I hope you are back on the treadmill soon. We will miss you too much otherwise.

I ran 40 mins today. I had a rest day yesterday.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Keep up the running, guys! Great job! 

Another night of elevating the leg while in bed. I did do some laundry, so I was walking on it a bit. It's starting to feel a little better. I'm using the pain relief ointment that also reduces swelling a bit; seems to be helping, I guess.

Going to try the elliptical tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Great job, everyone! :clap:

Pam, I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

My last exercise was Tuesday. I walked 3-3/4 miles. I had a family member go into the hospital Tuesday night (He's going to be OK), and I have just been too exhausted to even think about exercise. Maybe tomorrow.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did another 4 x 6 min plus 2 min run today, totalling 26 min. I planned on walking today, but between nursing school and my computer dying 2 hours before an online exam opening up...I was so mad I needed a run. Hopefully my computer will be fixed before lunch tomorrow when the test closes.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ended up taking Thursday off (was working on our taxes) but got 30 minutes in today - 3rd session of the week.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My computer's motherboard is fried...my computer crossed the rainbow bridge. I can't begin to tell you how untimely this is.

Since the only thing I can control in my life is running/exercise, I ran again today and decided to move up to 4 x 7 min, totalling 28 min running. It felt good to accomplish longer sets and longer run overall.

Keep at it everybody! The hardest part is starting!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 miles on the elliptical this morning. (There is some pain, but it's manageable)
Keep icing. It really made a difference with my ankle which now has no pain. It's a little stiff but that's to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.