the breed of your cat

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have three beautiful DSH cats and I love them all to bits. I'm very proud of my feline family.

Tigger and her one and only baby Felix

My boy Sam, he's the "man" of the house lol

Since the birth of Felix, I've noticed a strange bond of sorts between the three of them. Tigger and Sam previously didn't get along but recently tensions have thawed and the three are living together nicely...it's bliss :-)

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@GemsGem
 that is really interesting! I had no idea. So, basically "purebreds" came from selectively breeding the domestics? Are they called purebreds in the cat world? Or just pedigree cats?

Sorry, this is all interesting to me... I never knew there was so much to cats (sad I know).
Yeah spot on :clap: purebreds came from selective breeding of domestics :nod:

In the cat fancy world they are generally referred to as "pedigrees" :D
But purebred means the same as pedigree so is still correct

Some other terms in the cat fancy are

Red is the correct term for orange
Blue is the correct term for grey

pandalion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Bella is about 4 years old, got her as a gift for good grades (it may seem selfish, but I've always wanted a cat of my own and it was the deal...)

Honestly, I couldn't have prayed for a bettet feline. She's my absolute best friend and my little baby C: I would like some help finding her breed though. I know her coat is Tortoiseshell and her sisters are Torties aswell...so i was wondering DSH with Tortie?

I would appreciate any help, and its possible she's a mix x3. Pedigree or not she's the prettiest kitty I know.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The two black beauties and tuxie girl are siblings that I took in with a feral momma at three weeks olds.  My older white boy was a dump off in the middle of the night at my neighbors house. I worked with my local humane society and fostered the kittens. I had intentions on adopting one which I did.  My daughter adopted the other sister Zoe.  After I adopted Dante(he was my runt and momma's boy) the other two went to Pet Smart for adoption.  I went every night after work to check on them, After two weeks and no one wanting them my husband felt bad and adopted Cimba and Dutchess for me.  I thought Dutchess was so pretty and someone would take her quick.  Cimba was all black so I knew he would be harder to place. I never thought I would have had 4 indoor cats,but I love them all and would not change a thing.  They are very happy to be together and get visits from their other sibling Zoe!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty is a domestic short hair.  If she were a dog, I'd say she was a mutt.  SHE says that if she were a dog, the entirety of dogdom would be elevated to heretofore unknown levels of elegance.

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My babies are all domestics and all rescue girls, though we believe Maya's momma was a Ragdoll/Ragdoll mix or a lucky lookalike. She was an abuse rescue along with her litter so we cant say for sure. Zoey is a shorthair and Aria (who's really a complete Daddy's girl and only loves me as her second choice) and Maya are both longhairs, as is the tripod tortie I'm hoping to adopt soon. In the pictures below Zoey is the white and brown tabby, Maya is the tuxedo, and Aria is the drop-dead gorgeous lynx point.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine are both European DSH/moggies that I acquired from strange men on the internet. I've only had moggies except for one rescue Russian blue.

I have a vague suspicion that my younger cat has an Oriental or Siamese mix somewhere a few generations back because he has unusually large ears and a rather pointy face, and so did his mommy cat when I met her while picking him up. But it might just be an incidental variation.