the breed of your cat

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is your kitty pure or a mix?????

I love all of mine I have......

a manx .... snowshoe.... and domestic med/short hair...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maia is a pure mix of all the best traits, personality, character, love and looks I could ever be honored to have as my best friend!

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
"Mix" is a misleading description, since most cats are domestic short, medium or long-haired cats, i.e., non-pedigreed cats, or "moggies". Some breeds supposedly evolved naturally, but most were developed through human intervention, so it's the "purebreds" who are ultimately the "mixes", not the domestics. There are of course cross-breeds, sometimes the result of (cattery) accidents or backyard breeding.

Mogli is a domestic short hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
luv all the answers many of the terms for are fair furry companions is misleading
that I do agree with

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of mine are DSH. Izzy is solid black and and Zoey is a marbled grey tabby which white socks and a white neck!

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love reading all these!

My two are a domestic medium hair with domino markings and a domestic short hair ginger boy.

Shedding season has begun and shortly I will have gathered up enough long and short hairs to knit at least 10 more kitties. !!!

catmomma627

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am weirdly lucky in the Zoey barely sheds, worse now. But relatively no shedding at all otherwise. I hope Izzy is somewhat similar.

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our two cats are' purebreds'  silver Egyptian Maus  however our last four were rescue 'moggies' two were tabbies and the other two were tuxedo black and white.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ok I've got 6 maine coons -
Three brown classic tabbies
One blue classic tabby
One blue and white classic tabby
One brown and white classic tabby

Two domestic shorthairs
One mostly white with black spot on head and black tail
One calico ( high white and tortie )

Also one hairless sphynx cat - who would be solid red colour if he had any hair lol :lol3:

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of mine are DSH Tallulah is a classic tabby and white and Tippi is a black silver mackerel torbie and white

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@missglass

I just LOL'd when I saw that photo. She is beeeautiful, but that expression and the angle of the ears clearly says, "Can't you seez I am sleepz??? Takez you camerz and GO!?"

nycats

Mother of 3 cats & fosters
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine both look like DSH but also look very much like angels. It's very confusing...

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l have a skinny blue-point Siamese, a skinny chocolate Cornish Rez, and a cobby black Smoke Scottish Fold.

The Fold looks like a little black owl, on the outside anyway. lf l were to shave him, he'd be pure white.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
l have a skinny blue-point Siamese, a skinny chocolate Cornish Rez, and a cobby black Smoke Scottish Fold.
The Fold looks like a little black owl, on the outside anyway. lf l were to shave him, he'd be pure white.
LOL !! :crackup: :flail: I love your descriptions - They all sound gorgeous especially the little black owl :lol3: