That's it, I'm digging a hole & you're never seeing me again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Ummmm...
bizarre.
Most definately! Kidneys & liver checked out fine, blood panel clean.

Originally Posted by tamgirl99

How are the antibiotics that he's on working? Is there still blood in the urine or has that now cleared up? Poor Squishy.
He's only been on them 5 days, but he is still peeing blood somewhat. The urine sample they took via cysto that was sent to the lab was mostly clear of blood.....seems to be irritation between the bladder & outside that is causing the blood.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

He's only been on them 5 days, but he is still peeing blood somewhat. The urine sample they took via cysto that was sent to the lab was mostly clear of blood.....seems to be irritation between the bladder & outside that is causing the blood.
That's why I'm hoping the antibiotics clear it up. It sounds like it got irritated somehow and worsened via infection. Please keep us posted over the next few days!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It isn't actually that bizarre, the bulk of cystitis cases are idiopathic, and only about 2% are actually due to something that antibiotics will help (sorry for hte lack of technical terms in that last bit!!). IT does sound like there is something irritating it elsewhere though, which is odd.