Thank you, Mary Anne

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
With mixed feelings, I want to say a huge thank you to my dear dear friend and associate Mary Anne, aka hissy on these boards.

Mary Anne is leaving TCS. I know this will come as a huge shock to many of you. I also know it's been an extremely difficult decision for Mary Anne and it was not taken lightly.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Mary Anne, from the bottom of my heart. Words don't seem to be enough to express the amount of gratitude I hold for you. And the words that can be said, have been said between us and are still being said
You have been so much to this site in the past five years - your contribution is with us daily.

I know you wanted a clean and quiet goodbye, but I also know that the very least we need to do is post our thanks to you. I hope you will be reading this thread in the coming few days...

I will keep talking to you daily and we will still be working together on many projects, but on behalf of the forums, let me say

Thank you and farewell my friend!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't known you for very long but let me say you will be missed.
I hope you drop in every now and again to say hello and still be a member of the TCS family. Thank you for everything you have done for us!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
That is a big shock. I will be very sad to see you go you have been a tremendous help since I found this site. Not just to me but you have touched everyone on this site with your rescue stories and incredable knowledge. Your kind and helpful advice will be sorely missed. Good luck with all your future projects, keep in touch with us!
Lauren

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA,
You've always had advice when we've needed it, and saved the lives of countless kitties, yours, and ours, when they were in need. Thank you for having always been there. I look up to you as a firm, but caring cat lover, and just a person in general. I will miss the wisdom you shared with us.

Denise (and most especially, Molly, Paige, and Ghibli, who owe a lot to you.)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I don't know quite what to say. Mary Anne, you will definitely be missed on TCS. I've been around the site for less then a year, but have learned so much from your compassionate and practical approach to caring for our beloved feline friends. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience and for all you do for the kitties you come in contact with. TCS won't be the same without you! Please stay in touch and take care!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shock is an understatement. I actually teared up when I read Anne's post because YOU are the essence of what makes TCS so special.

Because of life events lately, I haven't been very active on the boards but always looked for MA's posts first. MA, you know how much you have inspired me and been such a support for so many others. I know how much time you devoted to this site and saying 'thank you' just doesn't seem to be enough in return.

It's a very sad day but you know I wish you only the best.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will be missed Hissy! Good luck where ever the future takes you! And bless all the kitties that you will foster

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You will be missed here terribly Mary Anne...I always enjoy reading your posts and listening to your excellent advice. I wish you the best of luck in everything that you do.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Shock is an understatement. I actually teared up when I read Anne's post because YOU are the essence of what makes TCS so special.
:
Very well said Kass... I think that statement sums up what I wanted to say but couldn't find the words.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't even know what to say--- I guess I'll just say THANK YOU!!!! you have helped me sooooooooooooo much. I am soo happy to have met you. You will be deeply missed.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed you had become a vetran a few days ago. As you always say Mary Anne, people come and go off TCS - guess it was your turn.

Thanks buddy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have given me so much great advice Mary Anne! I will miss you here!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leaving??????????? What do you mean? M.A. Are you leaving as a Mod or even as a poster?
Whenever someone has a difficult question on care or behavior or whatever, I look for your answer because I know it will be accurate. You are the most knowledgable of everyone I know about cats. You are also genuinely caring and an advocate for cats and all animals. You will be deeply missed. I know you must have your reasons. Prayers for you and your loved ones, Hissy.

I feel so selfish, but I have to just ask... Don' go!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the compassion you showed me with Danielle and your great advice. You will be missed is an understatement.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for everything you did for TCS. Your presence here and vast knowledge will be greatly missed by all. Your exit will live a large hole that will not be able to be filled. Best wishes to you, your family and the many animals in your care.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA...I will not say goodbye to you.
The things that I learned from you about compassion for weaker beings, will always be a part of my life.

When I saw "Hissy" had posted...I immediately read it because I knew I would learn something useful.

The tireless, gentle care, that I watched you give to your bottle babies will remain with me.
Handsome Oliver is a part of my life because of you.

Thank you MA.
Bravo!