Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having winds tonight. 40-50mph gusts maybe higher. Frog and myself were on the sofa with an electric blanket having a good snuggle
There  was some noise in the background so we got up to see and found Toad putting on a show

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, Toad, how funny you are!  But I have to say, I am more in touch with little Froggy!  When the wind blows, CUDDLE UP!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you posted.  I needed a dose of cuteness.  

I was actually looking into two sweet medium hair orange tabby's "sisters" 13 weeks old.  My heart is melting.  Seeing Toad and Frog makes me want to adopt sooner than later. lol

I was on a cleaning binge this week and my husband was curious as to why, I told him I'm just reorganizing, lol  I think I was actually nesting. hehe

What beauties.  I do see Tera's shape in Toad.  That picture is beautiful.

xoxo Hope

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so glad you posted.  I needed a dose of cuteness.  

I was actually looking into two sweet medium hair orange tabby's "sisters" 13 weeks old.  My heart is melting.  Seeing Toad and Frog makes me want to adopt sooner than later. lol

I was on a cleaning binge this week and my husband was curious as to why, I told him I'm just reorganizing, lol  I think I was actually nesting. hehe

What beauties.  I do see Tera's shape in Toad.  That picture is beautiful.

xoxo Hope
Raising these two siblings together has been unique and wonderful. While they are bonded to each other it's done nothing to keep them from bonding to us. This is a wonderful time of the year because most of us are inside and home a bit more in the winter. It gives you that time to bond with your kits. I'm hoping this works out for you.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

It's not the first time I've noticed it. Toad has crossed eyes at times. Spotty girl has the same head and face and eyes as the Tom I've seen twice now. I got a really bad picture. He's obviously well fed by someone.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Hmm.  "Who's your daddy?" might be a question for Frog 

I had crossed eyes when I was born, too.  It corrected in time. 
I have no doubt seeing that tom up close that he's the daddy of both of them.  They look so much alike yet Toad is much more streamlined and delicate where Frog is rounder all over and bigger. Toad also has the Siamese voice and both carry their tails with a kink on the tip often. Frog coos and trills at us. Toad is more like an old screen door.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, I'd be absolutely in love with them both! I love all of those attributes. 
Seems like yesterday I was hanging them over the trash can at 3AM emptying their poop boxes.  They grow up so fast. Mercy goes in for shots next week and we'll schedule their spays then. Dr. Nolan handles her own surgery scheduling it's just easier to talk to her in person. It hurts my heart I have to hurt them to make their lives better.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I know and empathize, but it will improve their lives immeasurably and not contribute to the massive overpopulation crisis, so the benefits far outweigh the negatives, yes?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I know and empathize, but it will improve their lives immeasurably and not contribute to the massive overpopulation crisis, so the benefits far outweigh the negatives, yes?
Oh without a doubt they will be spayed. I always have issues with this. Not them being spayed but the actual handing over and not being in control of my pets. We have real trust issues after Kitten. They know us by name there and what we went though so it really helps. We don't have to explain. Not fixing Tera's babies would invalidate everything we've tried to do here. Yes there will be sobbing and lip quivering and jitters and just in general paranoia. I'll walk through my emotional landmines and take care of my babies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always difficult, I know.  I get weird just when they take a cat to the back to weigh him or her.  Any time I'm not seeing my cat is a tough time for me.  Even here in the house, if I go looking and can't find someone, I keep looking until I do.  It's a big house with a lot of furniture.  I'm very careful about closets and drawers and stuff, but cats being cats, occasionally like to test my perseverance, I guess. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I called the VCA tonight to schedule spays. I expect to pay more there because of the facility. However the arox 1100 $ quote for the two of them is a bit off my charts. I called the vet that did Kitten and Mook and we'll get it done for 160 each. Which is I think about what they charged for Kitten and Mook.  It's uncomfortable telling a vet you just can't afford to pay that much for a spay. I'm sitting here looking at the numbers for my tax return thinking I could use most of it for that the trouble is then there is no reserve without dipping into credit cards or care credit.  I figured about 300 each there.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the picture of Mercy and one of the girls.  Are they playing or did they fall asleep that way. LOL

How is Mook?  Warming up it seems.  

1100 is more than it is here in NYC, does seem a bit high.

I am learning a lot from your experience here.  I've been looking into adopting, BUT, I want to make sure I have a couple of thousand in the bank for emergency.  As most here know, you never know when something may happen.

Any word on Tera?  I still think about her often and those piercing eyes.  I'm so thankful you were able to keep these girls together, what a life they have, and with big sis Mercy they are one happy family.

Best of luck.  xoxo

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a precious picture!!! 

I haven't had to spay for quite awhile so don't know what it runs -- and of course it varies widely depending on location.  It sure has gone up a lot (like everything else, right?) and that's concerning to me, because spay/neuter should be kept very affordable, for all the obvious reasons.  $160 each is still high, but at least better than exorbitant $1100!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Love the picture of Mercy and one of the girls.  Are they playing or did they fall asleep that way. LOL

How is Mook?  Warming up it seems.  

1100 is more than it is here in NYC, does seem a bit high.

I am learning a lot from your experience here.  I've been looking into adopting, BUT, I want to make sure I have a couple of thousand in the bank for emergency.  As most here know, you never know when something may happen.

Any word on Tera?  I still think about her often and those piercing eyes.  I'm so thankful you were able to keep these girls together, what a life they have, and with big sis Mercy they are one happy family.

Best of luck.  xoxo
Mercy was trying to sleep and the baby was trying to help her.

I'm big on spending my dollars where they count. Again Yes I was shopping for a better price but it's not like I went in the phone book or a dark alley and started to call everyone. We called a clinic we had used for years. I had a real backside of a vet tech there one day and felt the vet should have sent her out of the exam room. If they had quoted close what the VCA charges I would take them to the VCA. You can't buy peace of mind. If you get your kittens from a rescue more than likely they'll be fixed already or you'll get a voucher. We've done this all out of pocket so the real time costs have always been there. Honestly I have nothing but insane respect for rescues that absorb these costs though donations and often their own pockets on a daily basis year after year.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good heavens.  I had Hekitty done for $130, but that was a few years back...oh, all right, NINE years back!  Hard to believe my baby is coming up on her 10th birthday!  The girls will be much happier without those pesky ovaries.  But you know this, being the responsible, caring cat-guardian that you are!