Tera + 2 - 4

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good vet visit. I forgot my phone so no pics. Babies had no worms on their initial test but we're running a second at my request just to make sure. the babies got boosters and weighed
Toad 2lb 10 oz
Frog 2lb 12 oz and...............we can't seem to get a sex on these guys. I felt sorry for Dr. Nolan she was so frustrated. They get their third shots 4 weeks from now so hopefully we'll know then. Really sort of amusing. The babies are in their cage curled up. long day.  They got another round of wormer as a precaution.
Do they think Toad is male again? Or that Frog is female? They're so stinkin cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that these two have this close bond to look forward to for the rest of their lives...what a gift that is[emoji]10084[/emoji]️
I was so impressed with how well behaved they were with everyone wanting to get a look, the shots and the wormer , the exam. No screaming biting kicking scratching. I wish could find a way to give Mercy a blue ribbon for being such a trooper and being both playmate and disciplinarian with them. There are some things only another cat can teach a cat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So...they're...who knows what sex?  Huh.  Lots of amphibians tend to change sexes...maybe it's the names...

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

So...they're...who knows what sex?  Huh.  Lots of amphibians tend to change sexes...maybe it's the names...
Dr. Nolan was flummoxed and to be honest I hadn't really checked since their last visit. Horrid I know but they aren't breeding animals or purebreds being offered for sale. Add to that 2 weeks where looking at anything too long set off a wave of nausea. They have an appointment in 4 weeks where I'm sure it will get sorted. I put them up today and ran the vacuum. I am not a pig and it's just gotten out of hand. I won't run it with them loose. They sat in their cage like good babies and watched even when the hissing monster head of the dragon approached the edge of their jail cell. In fact by the time I was done they were asleep. They are in good health and happy and well mannered. I have thought it would be funny to put numbers on their sides and little orange dune buggy flags on their tails....Toad likes cheese.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

The watcher

They were sniffing noses and Mook always looks this way. If she didn't want them near her there would have been a launching party. Right now I'm watching these nimble little athletes shoot around up and over everything. Hard to imagine just a few days ago they were still stuck in the nursery.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Interesting!  I thought vets and vet techs were experts at sexing kittens.  Whatever the gender, both are too adorable. 
She was totally flustered. She is a cat expert , very well respected. Maybe I'll take some backside shots and post them.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Umm, excuse me, but who is that BIG CAT in the window?!! 
Scary aren't they ? Sometimes they look so big but when I cuddle them they seem so tiny and helpless. Legs get longer everyday it seems.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's hard to tell..I want to say female because no nuggets visible...hard to say...ok I had to edit it=It COULD be nuggets on the sides...hmm...

I love the photos! and they ARE getting bigger!!! Seems it was yesterday you were bottle feeding them. Loving these little tails and noses. And those EARS!

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

It's hard to tell..I want to say female because no nuggets visible...hard to say...ok I had to edit it=It COULD be nuggets on the sides...hmm...

I love the photos! and they ARE getting bigger!!! Seems it was yesterday you were bottle feeding them. Loving these little tails and noses. And those EARS!
Now you sound like everyone else ;).