Ten-week Old Kitten Not Eating, Please Help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
T tiggsmommy

Oh no! So sorry. :(

I think she is sick from the vaccine more than anything. I've seen this before in kittens following the vaccine.

Are you at a vet this morning? She'll need fluids.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not unusual at all for a bump under the incision, there are stitches and swelling on the inside too. That amount of swelling IS a little unusual though. Can you E-mail/take that picture to the vet? They could tell from that if she needs an antibiotic. She may be feverish from her vaccines though, which is not uncommon either. My Chrissy didn't eat/drink for two to three days when I brought her home, she even peed in her bed. She scared me to death, but eventually pulled through OK. Some females just have a really hard time after surgery. Diarrhea is not uncommon after surgery/vaccines too, but you have to encourage her to drink, she is almost certainly dehydrated. If she doesn't drink today, bring her in to have them subQ some water into her (putting it under her skin), very easy and inexpensive. I know it's hard on the expenses, but she really needs to go in if she hasn't drank at all.