TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD (movies)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few movies to pick me up: Cat Ballou; My Big Fat Greek Wedding; and Donovan's Reef.....

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, those are all good ones.

When I need to laugh I watch Wedding Crashers and Meet the Parents.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my fave movies when I need a pick me up is Yours, Mine, and Ours.
Based on a true story of a blended family of 18 children, starring Lucille Ball
and Henry Fonda.
I remember that one! Sure was a long time ago. I liked it too.

My all time favorite is Gone With The Wind. I saw it after reading the book which took me weeks to finish.
For all the men who don't like the movie..... " Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! ". Most people think it's the last line in the movie, but it's really " Tara. Home. I'll go home and I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.".

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I remember that one! Sure was a long time ago. I liked it too.

My all time favorite is Gone With The Wind. I saw it after reading the book which took me weeks to finish.
For all the men who don't like the movie..... " Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! ". Most people think it's the last line in the movie, but it's really " Tara. Home. I'll go home and I'll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.".
My fave line from GWTW is Scarlet saying something like "If I have to beg, borrow, steal, or kill, my family will never go
hungry again."

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fave line from GWTW is Scarlet saying something like "If I have to beg, borrow, steal, or kill, my family will never go
hungry again."
That's the scene where she's outside holding a handful of soil at Tara, remembering what her dad had said about land being what's important. She was determined to keep Tara and make sure her family always had what they needed.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That's the scene where she's outside holding a handful of soil at Tara, remembering what her dad had said about land being what's important. She was determined to keep Tara and make sure her family always had what they needed.
Yeah, great scene. I saw it for the first time in a theater that played classic movies. I think after that scene there was
an intermission. I've watched it on tv but it is not the same. Maybe if I had a large screen HD tv it would be.

I'm watching Urban Cowboy right now; another feel good movie. John Travolta and Debra Winger are so
cute together. After seeing it for the first time, I rode a mechanical bull at a bar. The film kind of started an
interest in country western bars and there were a few in Ft. Lauderdale where I was living. The day after
my thighs were bruised and I could barely walk. :bawling2:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I laughed so much when I first saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding. All the funny things Toula's family did, and so sweet how Toula and Ian met and got together. I liked it better than My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I never saw 2. but I loved the first one.

A lol film is "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". Sean Penn is priceless.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Notebook is romantic but sad too. It's great how the movie shows what the wife's Alzheimer's disease is like and how her husband deals with it because he loves her so much. It was made from one of Nicholas Sparks' books.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Notebook is an amazing movie.

One of my favorite films is King of Hearts. It was made in the 60s. A soldier in WW1 comes across
a strange village in France and soon realizes the patients from a mental hospital have escaped
and live in the village. It is belly-laugh funny and a young Alan Bates (so hot) plays the soldier.

King of Hearts (1966) - IMDb

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite movie of all time: The Ghost and The Darkness
Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas. The story is true (except for Remington) based on the lions of Tsavo.
The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) - IMDb
I have watched this movie so many times, and it never gets old.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds really good. I'll have to watch it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Jumping the Broom is a wedding movie with all the drama that goes along with any wedding.
This is a real chick flick.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go again to keep this moving.

The Blair Witch Project-This was released in 1999; the first of its kind; the lost footage genre that
falls under the horror genre. I think it is still underrated. There is only a small shot of blood.
The atmospheric suspense is amazing. It's a matter of what you don't see is what makes this
sooooo creepy. Since this is camping time it would be fun to watch before you go.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
It may be Lego, but kids wouldn't get half the stuff that's in it. I am not a Batman fan, but I do like some DC stuff. This movie had me in tears (laughing) for most of it.
I've seen it 3 times (twice on Putlocker), then bought it the day it came out. They didn't miss anything. From all the way back to the 60's until now. You will love it.

The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) - IMDb

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
It may be Lego, but kids wouldn't get half the stuff that's in it. I am not a Batman fan, but I do like some DC stuff. This movie had me in tears (laughing) for most of it.
I've seen it 3 times (twice on Putlocker), then bought it the day it came out. They didn't miss anything. From all the way back to the 60's until now. You will love it.

The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) - IMDb
Sounds good, I'll have to check it out.

Mia

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - IMDb

I watch this whenever it's on. It's amazing. It's one of those movies that you think about long after you've watched it.
Yes, you are so right. Awesome film.

We had an all day rain a week ago and I watched some good 80s movies.

Pretty in Pink
St. Elmo's Fire
The Breakfast Club
16 Candles

None are Oscar worthy but so fun.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I just posted The Way We Were in a movie thread and it made me think how well
this movie holds up. God, at the end when Katie and Hubble meet for a minute in
New York........still tears me up.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you like to watch absolutely stupid movies full of puns and cameo's. The Sharknado movies are great.