Teddy is under quarantine.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

Being able to actually spend some time with Teddy and seeing happy and healthier really made my New Year's Eve. I won't be able to visit him until Monday due to the holiday tomorrow and I have to work all day Saturday and Sunday. (Although, I think I may send my sister on Saturday...) I will be keeping this thread up to date with any news I get on Teddy. Thank you everyone again for the support. I don't know what I would have done without all of you!
Thanks for the update and the gorgeous pics.

Do urge your sister to go. How about your boyfriend, can he get time in to see Teddy, too. It will be so much better if he can see loved ones every day.

And you will feel better knowing he's been seen

xo

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like they've realised what a sweet boy he is too

I'm glad he's doing better and you could spend some good time with him

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ive just caught this thread im so glad that Teddy is on the mend and that you have scared them all, their behaviour is just outlandish, everything from the lack of communication to that dreadful sign they drew they ort to be ashamed of themselves as when it comes down to it what if it was their pet in the vets being treat like that

mind you he is a handsome young man isnt he

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy-gate, Day 6:

I had to work all day so I didn't get to go see Teddy. However, my dad, sister, and grandmother all went down together to visit him. They must think we're crazy to have some many visitors daily... but oh well. lol

From what I hear, Teddy was very happy to see them. They were only able to see him in the cage, but he was acting like himself. I spoke to the vet and she told me that he going to the bathroom normally now and is being weaned off the pain medication.

I really can't wait until he is home. However, I have a feeling that Milo doesn't mind being an only cat. He's been all too happy to eat Teddy's share of food and take up my whole bed.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that your family is showing such strong support of him!

He's a very loved little boy.

Be safe.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update! What a wonderful family you have, to gather round and help and support you and Teddy! Give them all a hug from me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy-gate, Day 8:

I was able to visit Teddy today in a room again! He was so happy to see me. It was so hard not to pick him up and hold him. Teddy's been cooped up so long that I wanted him to enjoy being "free." He noticed the sink in the room after awhile and put his two front paws in it and gave me "the look." Which means I must turn the water on so he could play in it. After 15 minutes, I was replaced by a water faucet. I tried not to take it too personally. lol

Teddy seems very happy and in good health. He is peeing without difficulty and a good amount. He was weaned off his pain medicine on Saturday and shows to signs of discomfort.

In less than a week my baby will be home and spoiled terribly so he forgets this horrible experience! I have some pictures from today that I will try tp upload later. Thank you all for your TCS vibes and keep them coming, they've worked so well so far!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I just LOVE that sink story! It just goes to show that he is adjusting to his circumstances, if he can do something so "Teddy"! And you know he is being treated well now, if he is being so perky.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm all smiling thinking about Teddy and his sink.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been keeping up with this heartbreaking story! I am sorry that the two of you have to go through this. I hope the remaining days fly by!

I have to mention, your story prompted me to get the rabies shot for all of my babies.

I have been staying away from the shot because of the risk of injection site sarcoma, and the fact that mine are indoor cats. I had NEVER ever thought of them biting anyone because they hide from guests. I didn't even think about them biting the vet, they never have-but if they were stressed enough I am sure they would. Thank you so much for sharing your story, you may have saved me from the same heartache.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Teddy is doing so well! You must be thrilled. Of course, none of this should have happened in the first place
Let the "Countdown 'til Teddy Comes Home" begin!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad he's doing so well despite the circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely - let the countdown begin! 6 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeping up the vibes - for you and for Teddy!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been keeping up with thread and am so pleased that Teddy is doing OK. Thanks for keeping us updated regularly! Poor teddy-man.
I hope the re-introductions go smoothly when you do get him home again too. I had to laugh at the idea of Milo eating all the food and hogging the bed! Yep, living it up making the most of his brother's absence.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased he's doing better now! I thought he had 10 days quarantine for some reason and he'd be coming home tomorrow
At least he's being his old Teddy self.