TCS Convention......maybe someday?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't forget... there are a lot of CANADIANS here who would like to attend.

I vote somewhere central US, and Minnesota would be okay with me, and is definitely close to Ryan (people, don't forget RYAN!)

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pittsburgh has a new convention center....
would we bring our cats??

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne and I do plan on having a convention we have talked about it. It would be with seminars about cat care, behavior etc, and hopefully planned around a CFA cat show with a banquet dinner and party afterwards. She and I will hopefully meet in real life next year, here at my home. That is if everything falls into place-

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we should have a convention on a sun-drenched beach somewhere in the Carribean, where clear blue waters meet coconut palms and half-naked waiters in bow-ties serving cocktails. Just a though....

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always thought a convention would be a great idea. I know a lot of ideas have been thrown out there, but here's another one : What about our nations capital Washington DC!
Although anywhere its planned I will be there!

btw...my boyfriend works billing at a conference center nearby (he works with SharonKay...another TCS member). The center is about 40 min. outside of DC. So if anyone is looking for a place to be held, he may be able to talk to the sales managers about cutting TCS a nice deal.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Anne and I do plan on having a convention we have talked about it. It would be with seminars about cat care, behavior etc, and hopefully planned around a CFA cat show with a banquet dinner and party afterwards. She and I will hopefully meet in real life next year, here at my home. That is if everything falls into place-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since MA said that she and Anne were going to plan something like this, perhaps we should let them take our ideas into consideration and then see if she wants to be in charge of this, like the when, where, etc? I'm all for 2007, at least a year and a half. That gives us all time to save for this.........

I'll go where you all want, I just thought the middle of the USA would be fairest to us all, but I've been all over this beautiful country of ours, and although I'm not a fan of hot, humid weather, (neither is my hair) I'll go where it's decided...

What do you think MA, you and Anne want to be in charge??

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be nice if you all came to stay at my place in sunny Perth.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by berylayn

I know a lot of ideas have been thrown out there, but here's another one : What about our nations capital Washington DC!
Although anywhere its planned I will be there!
I second Berylayn's idea about Washington DC!
DC is close to everything (beachs, museums, shopping, tourist spots, sea, etc AND is pretty close to Canada)

This is a GREAT idea about having a convention though!! I'd love to attend so I'll keep my eyes on this thread and see.. (starting to save money....)

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Are we all serious about this?, or is it just a dream, because dreams can come true, but we have to make it happen as well.
Yes- apparently MA and Anne have talked about this sooo it will happen. Not sure when- maybe in 2-5 years?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Are we all serious about this?, or is it just a dream, because dreams can come true, but we have to make it happen as well.
Well Susan, as I said in a previous post, are you ready to fork over one of those castles???

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I totally agree, Susan!!! MA, we will help in any way we can, just give us the word

I agree with someone else who said that having it in the middle of the US is the most fair location. I'm swaying back toward the Mall of America. We just have to do it in Spring or Summer because I DO NOT think I could survive the winter temps there
Susan, what would be the most fair for our European members?