TCS Convention......maybe someday?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Isn't CA a little more expensive than Orlando?? I would love to go to CA, though. A lot of us southerners don't mind the heat so I didn't even think about that. If I knew how to do a poll, we could take a vote... but I don't know how.
I've never been to cali, but i am sure it's more expensive than florida. About the poll, when you create a new thread (it has to be your own thread) click on the tab like you are going to "subscribe" to the thread and near that you will see the poll option. It's simple from there.

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heat is different for anyone. I went to California and Disneyland in 2000 for another band trip, I personally liked Orlando better. Better year for me I guess, but it was a lot cooler in Orlando when I went versus the time I went to California in 2000.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It gets warm here, but we don't have the humidity. I think that's the biggest problem I have with Florida weather. I remember getting out of the airplane, and feeling like the world had decended on me, and it was just the extreme humidity. I wouldn't mind it, if I didn't have to move or walk.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

The heat in Florida is unbearable. Orlando doesn't have more than Los Angeles has. We have THE REAL Disneyland, the Original. We have the REAL Universal Studios, and we have lots of other things, plus we have nice weather where a person can be comfortable when walking around a Theme Park.
Not to start a theme park war, but DisneyWorld is larger than Disneyland, and Islands of Adventure has AMAZING rollercoasters that aren't in regular Universal Studios. Besides that, the heat is not unbearable the vast majority of the time, only July-August. I never have a problem being comfortable, so that's completely subjective. Besides, like someone already mentioned, California is LOADS more expensive than Florida. But I have no problem with wherever anyone decided, the liklihood of me having the money to travel is pretty slim anyway. I just had to point out some things about Orlando since I live here and in Ormond Beach permanently.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, if you want roller coasters, the BEST place to go - hands down - is Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. It's about an hour west of Cleveland, 1/2 hour east of Toledo, 1 1/2 hours southwest of Detroit. Of the top 10 roller coasters in the States, Cedar Point has like 6-8 of them.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Go easy on the roller coasters Heidi - the kids might want me to go on them too you know

I really don't mind you know - we plan on visiting both Florida and California at some point in our lives

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Well, if you want roller coasters, the BEST place to go - hands down - is Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. It's about an hour west of Cleveland, 1/2 hour east of Toledo, 1 1/2 hours southwest of Detroit. Of the top 10 roller coasters in the States, Cedar Point has like 6-8 of them.
Your right there Heidi!!! After you get off of one of our coasters, your face is permanently frozen like this: