Taste of the Wild...weight loss & diarrhea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

undergunfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh my God!!! I am shocked!!!!

This lady did a huge disservice to the brand, in addition to clearly being a liability to the store.
Please, do not just take your bag away -you need to call the manager tomorrow and report the incident, I hope you got her name.
In addition, please PLEASE report this incident to Diamond Foods.
I would let the manager know that you are going to file a report with Diamond.
Be very calm, but firm - this lady (or rather B-word) is completely out of line!
I didn't get her name, but I know what she looks like and there isn't anyone there who looks like her (I do shop there often). She was wearing a black shirt and the other employees at the register and the warehouse boys were wearing blue. So...I don't know if she was possibly a manager?

My husband told me I should have asked to see a manager...but I was on the verge of tears (ugh, so emotional!) and didn't want to blat while trying to remain "firm".

I will see if Diamond emails me by noon and if not, then I will call. When I get done with them and find out more information on returns, any other reported issues, etc....then I will build up the guts to call and speak with the manager at the grain store.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Erm... TOTW is recalling some dog food, saw it on here somewhere.

Recall reason was that the protien source was higher than the bag said....

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You definitely need to speak with someone at diamond this person's handling of your return was terrible. No need for such hostility.

I don't feed TOTW as mine never liked it but i do have many other diamond foods here... chicken soup and kirkland drys for both dogs and cats...

My animals do well on these foods but as said often their is no one size fits all food some do not respond well to certain types. I am fuzzy on the issues surrounding the dog version of this food because again i do not feed that formula but again feel a conversation with the manufacturer is a good step here to help answer your concerns/questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

undergunfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called Diamond today and requested a refund, since they didn't email me back by noon. The lady who I spoke with was super nice. She said the reason why I haven't been getting my emails quickly is because the vet is "flooded with emails right now".

So...I requested a refund. There were no issues what so ever....I expected maybe a little "fight". Nope...totally willing...

She told me to cut off the production code & expiration date from the bag, mail it off to them with a quick note about why I am returning it, how much I paid (I don't even have the receipt), and a return code #....

Then I was told to.....THROW AWAY THE FOOD!!

This was after I explained that my cats were on Chicken Soup, slowly switched to a 5-6lbs bag of TOTW, and then 2 weeks into a new 15lbs bag they got diarrhea & dropped noticeable weight. I also mentioned my cats are inside only and ONLY hate TOTW...so I didn't see how they could have gotten sick else where. I also mention that 2 days after stopping TOTW, my cats have firm poop and are acting a bit more spunky (didn't really notice they weren't before).

So, I asked her at least 5 times if she was SURE she didn't want me to send back the rest of the bag with the food in it...and she told me to just trash the food because "you would have done it anyway, right?".

So...I am happy I am getting a refund, but now what? It sounds rather fishy that she just wants me to chuck the food, even after I said it has made my cats "sick".

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She probably has had other cases, and has already tested then... I hope you told her about the incident with the store?

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Or if you are the ONLY bag of this batch that there is a problem with then it's an isolated incident and testing it won't help them improve their quality.

I'm glad the company is at least going to give you back your money! I find companies are generally pretty good and placating people when their reputations on the line, thats what they pay the HR guys the big bucks for!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nes

Or if you are the ONLY bag of this batch that there is a problem with then it's an isolated incident and testing it won't help them improve their quality.

I'm glad the company is at least going to give you back your money! I find companies are generally pretty good and placating people when their reputations on the line, thats what they pay the HR guys the big bucks for!

Honestly, without some extensive testing done to your cats, then the food...it's hard to say with 100% certainty that it was the food, or that there was something wrong with the food.

That is not me being rude btw. It is reality, that there is no concrete evidence that there was something wrong with the food itself.

There's really not much else the company can do, aside from give you a refund. Some coupons would be great too, but if you're not using their food, then coupons are worthless. Most companies are fairly good with trying to please the customer, which it sounds like they did.

Based on my recent experiences with a different company, they tend to be very agreeable, and try to please in whatever way they can....which in your case, you wanted a refund. Which you are getting

The lady at your store was completely out of line. TOTW has a guarentee, and can be returned for whatever reason.... at the very least she should have accepted your return and refunded your money.