Taking Care of My Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so today, my kitten was just playing around the table, he never squatted to urinate (Don't think so, never saw him do it) And it started to smell, I checked the ground and sure enough, there were 3 tiny splashes/puddles of urine. I immediately put him in the litter box, but I don't know why he has done this? After he came back from the litterbox, he saw the 3 tiny puddles, and started to scrape his bum there.. What does this mean? I'll be going to the vet soon.

(He didn't scrape his bum ON THE PUDDLE, But he did scrape his bum, and when I checked, there was some poop and it looked like it was a bit wet)

What does this mean?

About his behaviour and everything

He behaves normally.

Purrs, loves me, eats 5 times a day, (4 times wet food, and 5th time either chicken heart (two) or wet food). (And in the evening, 4th time when I feed him, I add 3 drops of olive oil).

He plays, behaves normally. Uses the litterbox, he has gone outside the litterbox 2 times, but it seemed like it was just too busy playing and he went, and he also pooped outside once, it looked as if he couldn't get there in time, because it was very close to the litterbox, and it was not his normal sized poop, it was very small, the other 2 times he just urinated).

My parents have given my previous kitten away because of innapropriate urination and poop before, and I don't want this one gone, please help me!

Breed: Shirazi/Mixed Persian

HELP!

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His tail smells of urine, and LOOKS wet, don't know if it is.. (lower tail)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to go to the vet. He may have a uti. Does he seem like he's straining in the litter box? If he stops being able to pee that's an urgent issue.

Make sure to clean the area where he went with an enzyme cleaner so he doesn't associate this place with the litter box.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, from what I've observed in the litterbox

He jumps in, goes, digs, goes in the opposite side, covers, gets out. No strain no nothing, but I've seen that every single time, he goes TWO TIMES, one on one corner, and the second on the opposite, but there is no straining.

I'll get him to the vet ASAP, And thank you so much, for appearing on such short notice, I really can't thank you enough man.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And again, I really want to thank you so much, I want to thank you personally, you've been such a great help for me in these rather tough times.

Thank you, so, so much.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to get your parents to understand how young he is. You can't expect a kitten, especially one who was taken for its mother so young, to have perfect manners immediately.

He does need to go to the vet, though. He needs to be dewormed, given vaccines, and this urinating in small amounts doesn't seem totally normal. Olive oil could be making his stools loose.

Is there any way for you to order higher quality dry food on amazon or anything?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree--Vet is in order...also agree about the enzymatic cleaner for the areas he has peed (dribbled) on. It really does get rid of the scent of urine, making it less palatable to return to the same spot.. Nature's Remedy is a very good brand. It really does not have a smell to it.

He is still a baby at 9 weeks....perhaps too soon to be taken away from his mom....

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They've understood better now! They are way more tolerant then our last kitten. (P.S This one being extremely cute may have a part to play in them being tolerant o.o)

Indeed, I'll get him to the vet ASAP.

And no, I can't really order, because I've checked, and Amazon doesn't deliver food to this country -_-

The highest quality pet food available here (dry) is Royal Canin, is that good quality? I'll attach a pic.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
P.S He is a very smart kitten, he poo'd outside his litterbox, and pee'd too, and even though we haven't cleaned it with the enzymatic cleaner, he hasn't gone there, but, as a precaution, I'll check my local hyper-markets for the cleaners. Thank you guys for all your help! And I just can't thank you enough, @talkingpeanut  

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! I'll get him that, then. Oh, one more thing, I saw him do this, it was cold today (19* Celsius) So I wrapped him up in a burrito (In my T-shirt). But he was doing this thing with his mouth.. is this normal? Was he shivering? What do I need to do? Ofcourse he'll be going to the vet. but, what is this? What can I do for him?

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
P.S Is there any other way I can contact you in an emergency? I know I'm probably disturbing you alot by this, but my vet has very limited times and won't even pick up calls most of the time, so if I had you to contact if there was something urgent, would that be fine? Not to ask too much. But I really can't thank you enough, what can I give you as a gift? ;3 @talkingpeanut  (Also why can't I tag @stefanz?)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lol - he's not shivering in that video. He's DREAMING :heart3: Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about, and VERY cute :D

StefanZ StefanZ - I get the impression SukaBlyat wants to tag you ;)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No gift necessary! And you can send me a private message on here. I get notifications.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Alright! Excellent, I'm giving him his alternate day 2 heart meal now!

Thanks so much! Will take him to vet asap.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@StefanZ  Yeah, now I can  finally tag you lol! I wanted to say thanks for so much help you've given me ;3

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, he is fine in that video. He is just dreaming! so cute....He is dreaming of either suckling or eating...

As Columbine has said, it is nothing to worry about. 

Sorry, I did not realize you were not in this country...Yes, Royal Canine Kitten is good.

Can he eat the dry kibble? He may be a bit small for it.

I guess you could add a bit of water or goats milk or KMR to it. but do not leave it down; it could go bad.

Wet food can be a good thing. If it was available, I would try it. 

Please keep us updated...people do care.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, he eats the kibble no problem.

His main food is wet food.

He eats wet kitten food 4 times a day, and on one day, 5th time he eats wet food again, and second day, 2 chicken hearts. We do this alternatively!

He's indeed very cute ;3 He likes to be my parrot (get on my shoulder) Play with my feet, and greets me with a MEW, in the morning, walks up to me, climbs me and licks my face, I do slow blinks to him, and 70% of the time he blinks back, the "Cat I love you" as people know it!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re peeing on himself.  A couple of entirely normal variations is if they get scared - although here he didnt.   A scared cat, perhaps after getting some beating by another cat, do often wets himself.   It was not here, I know.

I suppose a very exctidet young cat could also pee on himself by sheer excitement.  People are said to be able to do so, so why not kittens?

But yes, a vet visit is in order, try and have with you a sample of this accident-pee, for bacteria analysis.

Just 3 oil drops shouldnt make his poo  too soft.  But not being dewormed properly is a rather sure way to get too soft poo.

Royal canin kitten is good.  If you have at your place Royal canin baby cat, for small kittens and moms, this is good too.