Taking Care of My Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Excited.. Hmm.... He WAS playing.. maybe?

I can't collect a sample, it's been cleaned. If only you had replied earlier!

Ok, I have this one more concern.

He loves to go around my computer, behind it, and below the cooling pad, where the fan blows out the hot air.

I'm scared he'll get electrocuted, chew out my wires, etc.

It's not a computer actually, a laptop. It's sat on a cooling pad. below it are wires

So I can't block it off, since he can get in from all directions.

I've tried picking him up by the neck (the way mommies do, but I also support his backside since he's grown to be heavy, wouldn't wanna hurt him) and put him somewhere else

It seems he enjoys the hot air? He doesn't really bite the wires alot, but he does do it, albeit seldom.

What shall I do? Aluminium foil there + Citrus juice or something?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you remove the cooling pad for now?  Cats are known for liking to sit on/near computers, but it probably is dangerous for a kitten his size.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't. My laptop would overheat, it'd mess up all my wiring, it'd be a mess! 

Would it be okay if I turn it off?

(I can underclock my computer so it won't overheat)..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Otherwise, wrapping  electrical wires in aluminium foil, or in gum tubes  (cut the gum tubes, and  tape them good again) is standard precaution, if your cat or dog tends to bite on cables and wires...

I read you had cleaned up the accidents.  IF it was an occasional accident, it was prob no big deal.  But if he is going and wetting at himself all the time - you would have new examples anytime.

Nice tip by you its possible to underclock it, and thus, making a lap top less interesting for cats.    AND diminish problems with the computer.   HP-laptops are nicely designed, but with a tendency to get broke.  The reason they tend to get broke?  They tend to get overwarm...  Thus, if you dont want to use a cooling pad, its apparently possible to underclock it some.   :)

Tx for the tip, again.

Not that it will help me, Im not that computer-savvy.  But it may help others.   :)

Last edited:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:D np, And he finally licked his backside today! MY LIFE IS COMPLETED.

No, that was the first time he wet himself.

And I use Toshiba's, excellent laptops, for gaming.

But I'll be building my own soon.

Kitty has been good, in the morning I went upto him, he climbed me and licked my face, with a cute mew as a greeting

Will take him to the vet asap, maybe today ^_^

Thanks guys!

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I got the royal canin kitten, and according to my father, he ate it like crazy.

And my vet says that I'm doing a big mistake by feeding him wet food 4 times and heart 1 time, and that I should feet dry food 3 times, wet food 2 times or dry 2 times, wet 2 times + heart

What the heck? Anyhow he's going to get his Combination vaccine + Deworming tablet, today.

But what the heck? Is this vet sponsored by Dry food or something lol? Help plox @StefanZ  and 

@talkingpeanut, I call upon thee, help!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Ok, I got the royal canin kitten, and according to my father, he ate it like crazy.

And my vet says that I'm doing a big mistake by feeding him wet food 4 times and heart 1 time, and that I should feet dry food 3 times, wet food 2 times or dry 2 times, wet 2 times + heart

What the heck? Anyhow he's going to get his Combination vaccine + Deworming tablet, today.

But what the heck? Is this vet sponsored by Dry food or something lol? Help plox @StefanZ  and 

@talkingpeanut, I call upon thee, help!
The vet is surely not sponsored by them, but he gets heavy info from them.  They do have good PR money and use them profously, not least on vets.

So yeah, you are on the right track here.   Do listen on vets food advices, but take your own conclusions when back at home.   dont discuss too much with the vet, let him feel happy and an appreciated vet.  If so, he will tend to work better, and be a better more efficient vet too.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can leave the dry food down all the time for bites in between feedings, so he always has access to food while he's so little. This is especially important while you're away, as you know.

You can draw your own conclusions about nutrition. What were the vet's reasons?

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I have the receipt here

He got 1 Drontal Cat tablet

and 1 "cat vaccine"

He seems dizzy now, have put him to sleep ^_^

Thanks guys! :D

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What were the vet's reasons for the dry food? Did he have any concerns about the litter box or the blood you thought you saw? Or when he looked like he was going to vomit?

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About the dry food, he didn't say anything he just said "No no, no wet food 4 times, 1 time dry food and 2 times wet food, and maybe heart ok?"

And about the blood, he said that because he had eaten a heart that might be it, and the vomit, he said he was digesting the food? o_O I don't really trust this guy, but I agreed.

I'll try to take him to a better vet soon.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's sleeping now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As for the computer cords, most hardware stores and many computer supply stores carry flexible tubing for cords.  It isn't very expensive at all, and will protect kitten and computer...as well as any other electrical cords he may be inclined to explore...and for kittens, exploring is mostly done by mouth and claw!

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made him DIY home, pics will come haha.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi hi hi, I need help.

Ok, so after kitty came from the vet, he was dizzy and slept (Vaccination had something in it I guess?) but towards the night, he wouldn't let me pick it up, and when I finally did, and I touched the area where his vaccine was, he started screaming like crazy, What could this be? Is it normal or has the vet done it incorrectly? Should I take him back, I didn't notice any swelling, but maybe thats because of his long fur. @talkingpeanut  urgent help needed

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut  he's acting fine, he made me sniff his butt, whcih is a sign of love, so he's not in pain unless I try to pick him up or touch him there, which I've stopped for now.

Eating fine, playing etc.