Survivor: Marquesas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
talk about a frustrating episode, my god.

i was in shock when Hunter was voted out, there was absolutely *no* logic there,
and Rob, what the hell is up there? can you say 'god complex' ?

geez.

i bet they are going to have to split the tribes up again with marramu with so few members and
gina's new situation.

i adore the rotu tribe, those guys are great.

we also watched the amazing race and Jeanie G you were right, it's a great show ! i loved it

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robs a big jerk who thinks hes something special
I HATE people like that...I just love Neleh from Rotu- shes so sweet and genuine. That whole tribe is awesome, they seem like a big happy family. Wasn't it gross when Rob from Rotu cut his toe? Bleck
He was stronger about it than I would have been.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was SO shocked when they voted Hunter off!!! I TOTALLY didn't see that coming!!!! What a bunch of morons!!! I only like Gina, and the one woman, can't remember her name, it starts with a V on that tribe now. I did like Rob, until his whole they will obey me thing....who does he think he is??????? Geesh!!

On the other tribe, I like several of them.
Too soon to tell about them yet.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and Melissa, when that guy cut his toe, I was trying to eat supper, and they kept showing his cut toe, and I lost my appetite!! :laughing:

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by adymarie
You bet I am looking in a crystal ball. I can't see Rob, Sean & Sarah wanting to keep Hunter & Gina. Their only chance is if Vecepia changes sides.
LOL

Boy did I call that or what! Anybody need a crystal ball reading?

I think John (the nurse) couldn't pee on himself as he probably peed when he went in the water.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:LOL: Thats probably true Ady
It was so funny when he ran to the beach yelling 'Does anyone have to pee?Anyone??' They all gave him the wierdest looks..I was sitting here by myself laughing my butt off :laughing: Then the cats gave ME weird looks

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of (ahem) urinating, my sister dropped a lit cigaret in her lap while she was driving, and my 75 year old mother shocked her by saying that at a time like that, with her luck, she wouldn't be able to go! Why, though, didn't the woman (can't think of her name) who helped him go in a container, and why did the rest of the group have to stand there and look? I felt sorry for him, not only because of the injury, but the cure seemed even worse!

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont like "V" (vecepia) she is just following the rest of that stupid tribe, her vote could have got sarah out,
but she voted with the rest.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
=

i found this on another forum ::: http://www.realitytvrefugees.com/for...?threadid=1625

it is absolutely hilarius

=

With Many Apologies to Paul Simon
To "The Sounds of Silence"

Hello Jeff Probst, our old friend
We come and meet with you again
‘cause weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re the sorry tribe
Jeffy, would you take a bribe?
And the minute that we walk out on the stage
You know our rage
We are the Maraamu-mus.

We are restless, weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re alone
We fight, we bitch, and then we moan
While Sean is swimming in his raft
Robâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s thinking: “who will get the shaft?â€
While his eyes flash toward Sarahâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s chest
And there they rest
We are the Maraamu-mus.

And in the other tribe I saw
All are working, four and four.
People acting without fighting
Taking turns without complaining
People jiving like one big happy tribe
While we all die
We are the Maraamu-mus.

“Foolsâ€, said I, “You do not know
We are on a television show
Take my lead that I might guide you
Winning is an attitudeâ€
But my words like silent raindrops fell
Not on the Maraamu-mus.

And each one came on the stage
And they each wrote down their page
And it came without warning
As Jeff read each sign it was forming
And their signs said:
“Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d rather keep a princess than a Fed Ex pilotâ€
That sealed my lot
With those Maraamu-mus.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue, that was priceless! Well, now we can sit back and see what happens to those geniuses. I hope we get the last laugh.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny Blue!

I just wanted to remind everyone that it is on Wednesday again this week because of basketball.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for telling us. I didn't know. Well, the odds would probably be on Sarah's side, because they're due to win SOMETHING! But, I'm crossing my fingers. Rob needs a lesson in humility.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just to be clear, i didnt write it, i found it at the absolute reality forums !

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did anyone else watch Wednesday's episode of ''Survivor'' and think it would be impossible to find a stupider team than Maraamu? They kicked off the one clever, strong, natural leader on the beach! Poor Fed Ex pilot Hunter Ellis – he was too good for their world. Well, EW.com got some time with Hunter so he could vent about how they sent him packing.

Hunter, I was a little shocked you got the boot.
So was I. I just didn't think it was the right time for them to do it. But once I saw that first vote I knew I was toast. I looked over at Rob and I was wondering if he'd look back at me to see my reaction but he didn't.

What was up with the...how shall I say this nicely...the shortsightedness of your team?
You had two different ways of approaching the game. One approach, which I was taking, was to build a strong team and work on strength and morale and get the ball rolling so we had some momentum going into the merge. You had the other scenario that was self-protect mode of ''I need to get people in my court.'' Rob chose one path over the other. Some people wanted to be king of the castle. I wanted to live in the castle with everyone else.

So you admit your team was lame.
Well, there was just a little bit of drama there. It was like living in a soap opera. A few people didn't want to embrace the experience. My feeling was over 60,000 applied and we got chosen. We owed it to the people who didn't get it to embrace the game. You heard Sarah say she didn't come there to work. Her vision of embracing the experience was different. It just didn't seem like Sarah wanted to be out there for the long haul -- she just wanted to hang out as long as she could. I was ready to starve myself to the end.

Did it feel good to call your teammates ''knuckleheads'' as you did after you got kicked off?
Yeah, it felt good. The way I look at it is that they're giving me a jab by voting me off. I wasn't going to let that go unanswered. I wanted them to know I didn't understand their logic.

What did you think of Rob's self-proclaimed nickname of ''Godfather''?
I had to just laugh at Rob. The guy is the definition of knucklehead. He makes me laugh. That guy would chase chickens until there's no end. He chose to be the guy controlling other people. I didn't want to control anyone and yet I was seen as a leader.

So, was Sarah as annoying and whiny as she seems on TV?
Sarah can definitely be lazy and whiny but it is a tough environment. All of us can be lazy and whiny. There were frustrating times. I tried to hold back until I was talking to the camera. I've grown up on the beach my whole life and I've had survival training. Other people? Day two they were complaining.

| pages: 1 2

What went wrong with all those immunity and reward challenges that you guys kept losing?
There was no team foundation. Winning isn't a game face you put on a half an hour before you enter a challenge. It's something you have to build from working side by side. Watching that last challenge on TV, though, I almost leapt up at the TV screaming. I didn't even realize some people weren't paddling hard. I mean, that's where you dig deep and suck it up. I was furious.

How bad were those nonos?
You know, I was not that badly bitten, but I don't even get bitten by mosquitoes. They were really biting a lot of other people, though. I had some red bumps but I wasn't scratching that much. Other people were eaten alive, all scratching and getting sores. Sarah, by far, was eaten alive the most. By the fourth day she was a walking nono wound.

The other team had their share of injuries. Why did they keep kicking your butts?
You know, I would have fit in a lot more over there. I didn't have the luck being put with my team. They were having fun over there enjoying the challenge of surviving. They weren't argumentative. Everyone put in their two cents to make sure things got done.

Must ask the question everyone's dying to know: Are you and Gina a couple now?
Well, Gina and I bonded on a lot of levels. She is totally cool. We share the same love of the outdoors and we approached the game in the same manner. I called her a friend and not an alliance because an alliance can be broken but a friendship can't. I never would have voted against Gina unless she grew 14 heads and went psycho.

Okay, answer the question....
We're not dating. There have been a lot of rumors but she's in Florida and I'm in California so nothing. But it's a friendship I will always have.

Did you get to enjoy Marquesas at least after you left the game?
The day after I got kicked off I got to live on that island the way I would have chosen. I went swimming, I went SCUBA diving in a cave 90 feet underwater. I went sea kayaking. It was a cool, cool place. It turned out a lot differently than I expected but it was still a neat experience.

So no regrets?
No. But I'm ready to campaign and say I want to go back if there's ever an all-star ''Survivor.'' I really thought I had a good balance of things that could have taken me far. I can suck it up and laugh at myself but still get along with everybody. I want to go back! Send me back! I'm ready!
(Posted:03/18/02

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for sharing that, Hissy!! That was really interesting!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohooo! Tonights the night! I'm hoping Mark Burnett does something to mix things up tonight or else Gina is a goner, and I really like her
Lets see how the Maraamu morons are doing without Hunter. I hope they all watch themselves on TV as this is being aired to see how incredibly stupid they were, and what horrible choices they made

I'm counting down the hours until the show starts...lets see- 11 hours -ACK! I'll never last
:laughing2

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is an interesting Spoiler on one of the boards, and if it does indeed happen- tonight will be one NOT to be missed!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TO-NIGHT, TO-NIGHT, WON'T BE JUST ANY NIGHT--

Don't forget the Amazing Race, too. I'm in tv heaven!