Survivor: Marquesas

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Pappy wins, although he seems very depleted energy-wise these days. I reeeeeally don't want Cathy to win, I have never liked her. Shes a flake

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree with you there...although she has played the game well, there is just something about her I don't like.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, I thought I heard that the last episode is Sunday also, but by the time I turned up the volume, the announcement was over. I'm sure someone will tell us.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeanie,
The 2 hour finale is on Sunday
....... Wonder why they are having it on a Sunday instead of their normal day???

I dont know about all of you, but I'm tired of hearing about race issues on reality tv shows. Sean has brought it up too many times, and I'm sick of it. It's the same thing with The Real World, too.

Debby,
I never really watched Friends. A few months ago, I read on the National Enquirer front page that Rachael was supposed to die....... was that true? Are you watching WWF Tough Enough on MTV?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No Rachel didn't die, thank goodness!!!
No I'm not watching that show on MTV, I have never gotten into wrestling much.
And I know what you mean about the race issues.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Tonight's show was awesome!

I was so disappointed though, that Pascal got voted off, just because he picked the purple rock....that didn't seem fair at all, since he hadn't even been voted for....why didn't they just have Kathy and Neleh choose rocks????? Poor Pappy.

I was glad Kathy didn't make it to the final two. I just never did care much for her. When it came down between V and Neleh, I was hoping V would win. Out of the two of them, I thought she played the game better, and worked harder for it.

I really enjoyed the live show with Rosie...and hey! We got to see Colby again!!! Wooohoooo! (He's still a babe)

Everyone sure did look different. V looked pretty much the same, but Neleh looked way different, and Kathy looked about 20 years younger!!!
I thought Tammi looked alot different, too.

I suppose I will be going into withdrawals now on Thursday nights, since there won't be any Survivor to watch till this fall, and Friends will be all reruns.

It was a good show tonight. I really enjoyed it. It was cool they all won vehicles at the end...John especially seemed happy about that! He was even hugging Shaun!

What did the rest of you think about tonight's show?

safron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How surprising! I was really disappointed that Kathy didn't win, she was my favourite. Kathy is so down to earth and rugged. Neleh was so annoying w/ the "oh my heck" and "suck my mint", maybe she will get a nose job with her 100,000:LOL:.

BTW, who is Colby???

-safron

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought the most deserving person to win got the shaft Pascale. He was the one to play with the integrity that he had and until the 24th day, he didn't even get that devious. I was glad he survived his collapse too, that was scary when he didn't show up for the council that time.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really wanted it to be either Pappy or Kathy. I thought they were both awesome. But, V did a good job all in all, and in the end she was the winner, and it was fair. I hated that she screwed Kathy in the end, and I was irritated about the rocks. It should have only been Kathy and Neleh to draw, I though Pappy got shafted on that one.

I am sure glad it wasn't Neleh though that was the big winner, her holier than thou act was really old.

Since I didn't watch Friends all season, I guess I'll tune in to the re runs now for the summer on Thursday nights!!!!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think what happened to Pappy is inexcusable! The whole way through the series the person getting the boot had to have votes. Considering that there was a million dollars involve, many people would have sued, and I wouldn't blame Pappy if he did-unless he signed an agreement saying that people who held purple rocks would be eliminated! It makes no sense whatsoever.
Neleh had a point- she never had a chance to win until the 24th. day. She was under no pressure to play the game. The mint thing was a turn-off, but saying she couldn't possible have been a genuinely nice person makes no sense. When she realized winning was a possibility, she tried to make it happen--of course!

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theres only one word to describe my feelings towards V winning the Million- Disappointment
She didn't deserve it at all, IMO. I couldn't have been happier though when Kathy got the boot
She was a complete flake- and a whiner. I nearly CRIED when Pappy got the purple rock
How unfair was THAT?!? He shouldn't have been involved in that draw at all, no one had ever written his name on the paper once during the whole show. I would definitely have protested if I had been him. He deserved to win more than anyone, IMO.

I thought it was pretty cocky of V to have said she knew all along that she'd win, even before she got accepted to be on the show officially. All because she had a 'vision' Puhleeeeeze
It was pure unadulterated LUCK that got her to the final two.

I'm extremely disappointed in how this Survivor played out. I hope the next one has more personable and moral people on it. Not to mention a nice reprieve from the bible thumpers

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I agree with you, Melissa, because I posted right before you. I think we should go to the site and complain.
I disagree about the prayer, though. Those who wanted to participate did and the editors chose to show that. Prayer and the Bible are always a part of some people's lives, even on the Survivor shows, and I'm grateful for that. I just don't like people shoving their specific religion down other people's throats. We can't blame God for what some people do, however.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my heck! I am so peeved that it came down to V and Neleh. I wanted it between Pappy and Kathy. I would have been happy if either of them won.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Safron- to answer your question...Colby was the gorgious dude who brought Rosie in on his motorcycle....he was on one of the previous Survivor shows, and was one of the final two, but didn't win the million.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was disappointed that Pappy got booted off... the rock drawing was really stupid if you ask me.
I was kind of happy for V, but after she made the African-American remark, it kind of turned me off, how she said she was the first African American woman to win. Please! Do you see white people saying "Hey, I'm the first white person to win the game!"? NO. I really wish stuff like that would just stop -- it gets old. Who gives a care if you are white, black, hispanic, etc! I don't.

Now, I heard on Howard Stern on Monday that the next Survivor starts in 3 weeks, but on the previews, it said this fall! Hmmm.....
Thailand looks very interesting!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tigger, I think they start filiming in 3 weeks, but I am pretty sure it doesn't start till Sept. or so.

I totally agree with you about the "african american" thing. You hit it right on the head when you said about a white person saying "the first white person" etc etc. It aggravates me more than anything else. I absolutely hate that, but I normally keep my mouth shut in fear of insulting somebody!! I'd hate for someone to misconstrue my words and think I was prejudice or anything, ( which I am NOT ).

Good points made, tigger.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean, but people still say things like, "the first in our family to go to college," the first native born Californian to be president",--I made that up, of course, but women were very happy to see a woman Supreme Court Judge, because there had never been one before. There have been many changes, but still a lot of "firsts" for African Americans and women. When it's common it will no longer be a big deal or even worth mentioning.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tend to agree with you guys about the race thing...I am not one little bit prejudice, at all. but it seemed to me that her and Shawn were making too big of a deal out of winning it because they were black. She was a human being just like the rest of them, why turn it into a race thing....we didn't hear what's his name....crap, can't think of it, that won the first one, going on and on about how big a thing it was for Gay people because he won it.