Stubborn Stray cat

backwoodsvet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was kinda thinking like previous post, if she's somewhat touchable, maybe some plan to get Bella in the car, I've heard of some people gaining enough trust with a stray to have them sit on they lap as they drove the car home.....Like I said, "I've heard"........If your sure Bella will just never go near/around a carrier, it may be time for plan B, humane trap, I don't use mine a whole bunch, but when I do use it, it's a sure thing everytime......This is when your now using food as a weapon, but it's for the cat's best interest in the long run.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you say you have 4 at home? Sounds all so familiar-lol

Since Bella is very handleable ,are you familiar with doing a burrito wrap with a blanket?Are you able to pick her up? I would suggest if you are not experienced with "wrapping for trapping" method then please practice at home with your easy to pick up pets as a fail would be a big set back with a stray ......I hear they have" how to" videos online..... might be an easy enough option to putting her inside a nice size carrier if you do pick her up

It's very sad that no local organizations offer help- maybe your Vet will lend you trap?
I am a burrito wrapper lol. The last time I picked her up or just slightly tried to help her in the carrier she clawed me like mad. Left me with bloody hands and arms. I can not pick her up, if I could just a little she would be outta there she is strong and fast. She has always come straight back after I have tried to help her in to the carrier a little leary but come right back. I will ask my vet.. not sure why I can't get help with her in that respect other than other people have stolen their traps. Either way still scratching my head. I am not even sure she would go into a trap. Thank you for trying to help πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a burrito wrapper lol. The last time I picked her up or just slightly tried to help her in the carrier she clawed me like mad. Left me with bloody hands and arms. I can not pick her up, if I could just a little she would be outta there she is strong and fast. She has always come straight back after I have tried to help her in to the carrier a little leary but come right back. I will ask my vet.. not sure why I can't get help with her in that respect other than other people have stolen their traps. Either way still scratching my head. I am not even sure she would go into a trap. Thank you for trying to help πŸ’œπŸ’œ
Oh of course-I sure can't wait to see Bella going home with you!!! It just reminds me soooo much of Timmy- btw,the day of capture I had to go to the ER,lol

But it was urgent I get him out of harms way so the heat was on- HIGH It's really a much better situation,I believe,with people checking in & out vs permanent residents thst hate cats!

Yes,do ask your Vet- a trap is probably the best way to go unless you can gradually get Bella to eat inside a good size carrier-you will accomplish this IF you have tye luxury of TIME and there is no potential dangers pressing

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can really understand your position ,your frustration and concerns and I truly wish I could offer suggestions but I went through the exact same thing with Timmy when he was outside ( adult feral)- only difference is I live in South Florida so cold weather was not in the equation

However,we do have severe storms and hurricanes,you can imagine how I worried when this boy would vanish for 2 nights and the winds were ripping out trees and the terrentisl rains were relentless - after the hurricane passed he came trotting up for his food!

Like you I tried everything to give him shelter from the storms,the heat and humidity and I spent a bundle on cat houses etc.... Nope, wouldn't lay on anything but the ground & when the pavement was sizzling hot he'd lie down on my polished stone in landscape bed

Funny thing is after I captured him I think it took 2months before he got brave enough to set foot in a cat bed,watching him snuggle in a soft bed for the first time brought tears to my eyes --+ they are just so careful and cautious of anything unnatural - I found some wonderful little dens that look like a log,perfect for cold weather- I'll see if I can find it for you and post it - wish I could be of more help❀
Frustration overload, Bella won't do as needed I jump through all theses hoops and get no where. Not sure what else to do other than let her handle herself. She is not in any danger she knows where to go to get warm,she did it last night. All I can do is provide food and shelter if I can my life is consumed with the ferals and strays and its hard to deal with emotionally. She is more harmful to herself per say than from her surroundings. I just give up for now. Thank you to everyone who has given me great ideas. Strays and ferals do as they please.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Frustration overload, Bella won't do as needed I jump through all theses hoops and get no where. Not sure what else to do other than let her handle herself. She is not in any danger she knows where to go to get warm,she did it last night. All I can do is provide food and shelter if I can my life is consumed with the ferals and strays and its hard to deal with emotionally. She is more harmful to herself per say than from her surroundings. I just give up for now. Thank you to everyone who has given me great ideas. Strays and ferals do as they please.
I completely understand your frustration and also how you feel about how it's affecting your own life and taking a tremendous emotional toll- it's something I've gone through myself many many times- I said "NO MORE" more thsn once as it was way too much stress and my own health and well bring was suffering

So please don't feel like no one really understands and yes,ferals and strays do as they please but we have something they don't " intelligence" and the ability to reason ,problem solvd and find solutions- sometimes after you step away for a time it will do you good and you may or may not change your mind

Just want you to know thst if you do change you mind and want to get back at it,we will be here for you..... either way. At least you are giving food water and are her reliable source of provision.... and for thst,God Bless you

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I completely understand your frustration and also how you feel about how it's affecting your own life and taking a tremendous emotional toll- it's something I've gone through myself many many times- I said "NO MORE" more thsn once as it was way too much stress and my own health and well bring was suffering

So please don't feel like no one really understands and yes,ferals and strays do as they please but we have something they don't " intelligence" and the ability to reason ,problem solvd and find solutions- sometimes after you step away for a time it will do you good and you may or may not change your mind

Just want you to know thst if you do change you mind and want to get back at it,we will be here for you..... either way. At least you are giving food water and are her reliable source of provision.... and for thst,God Bless you
Thank you for your kind words. I would never not go to her 7 days a week. She has to eat and I never want her to eat out of the trash again. I do have the ability to keep that from happening. Timmy he is a survivor and he is good as is. He gets warm wet twice a day and dry when he wants it. He is happy with his straw and his make shift den. I love all five of my fur kids. I just have to step back from trying to catch Bella atm and focus on my needs too. They are my loves all 5 of them. I have not given up the fight just need at least one day for me. My cup is empty I have to refill if that makes sense? Thanks Kwik. Hope I spelled that right πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes perfect sense and I " get it".... the only thing I have to ask is who's Timmy ? I thought at first you were referencing MY Tjmmy but it seems you have a Timmy too!!!WOW

So you have a Timmy and now a Bella - I have a Bella and recently added Timmy- isn't thst funny? I've got Bella,Graycie,Sami ,Max and Timmy.... what are all your furbabies names?

I'd love to see photos of your wonderful little family-we all looove photos ! I had strong feeling that you won't give up on Bella(capture) but I can see you need to hit " pause " for a bit..... you need a break and move at a pace where you will not have a breakdown- lol I truly thought I was going to snap someyimes being all consumed with worry ahd frustration over cats & facing obstacles..... I completely understand,friend ❀

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It makes perfect sense and I " get it".... the only thing I have to ask is who's Timmy ? I thought at first you were referencing MY Tjmmy but it seems you have a Timmy too!!!WOW

So you have a Timmy and now a Bella - I have a Bella and recently added Timmy- isn't thst funny? I've got Bella,Graycie,Sami ,Max and Timmy.... what are all your furbabies names?

I'd love to see photos of your wonderful little family-we all looove photos ! I had strong feeling that you won't give up on Bella(capture) but I can see you need to hit " pause " for a bit..... you need a break and move at a pace where you will not have a breakdown- lol I truly thought I was going to snap someyimes being all consumed with worry ahd frustration over cats & facing obstacles..... I completely understand,friend ❀
You are going to trip lol. I have Romeo, Grayson, Little One, Bella and Timothy lol the black and white one is my stubborn one lol Grayson is first, Romeo and Little One. I don't have a picture of Timmy yet 😹😹. Let's see your babies lol 😻😻

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful- oh wow,adorably cute- every one!
And you've got a Grayson - yes,I'm tripping!
Here's my little lovelies:
This is Graycie- Graysons female counterpart,lol
20230919_034530.jpg

This is Bella
20211217_092848_HDR_(1)_(1).jpg

Here's Sami
20211212_123340_(1).jpg

This is Max
IMG_20230610_093751696.jpg

And this is Timmy
20230926_062804.jpg

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful- oh wow,adorably cute- every one!
And you've got a Grayson - yes,I'm tripping!
Here's my little lovelies:
This is Graycie- Graysons female counterpart,lol
View attachment 462751
This is BellaView attachment 462752
Here's Sami
View attachment 462753
This is Max
View attachment 462754
And this is Timmy
View attachment 462755
My Timmy is marked like your Timmy. Mine my Timmy is a bob tail and med haired. And grouchy lol. So funny my Grayson use to be Grace until he turned out to be a boy. He was so use to the name Grace I just made it a bit more manly 😹😹😹
Here is a better pic of Romeo really all three lol

Attachments

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My Timmy is marked like your Timmy. Mine my Timmy is a bob tail and med haired. And grouchy lol. So funny my Grayson use to be Grace until he turned out to be a boy. He was so use to the name Grace I just made it a bit more manly 😹😹😹
Here is a better pic of Romeo really all three lol
They are wonderful- like your cat proofed outside porch too- very nice ❀
Yeah,you'll get Bella-lol I know your type( er hm- rofl)

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are wonderful- like your cat proofed outside porch too- very nice ❀
Yeah,you'll get Bella-lol I know your type( er hm- rofl)
I had to do something 😹😹😹the inside kids are driving me nuts persay πŸ’œ

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. How many do you have in your fur family?
I currently have 2 indoor only cats that were coming to my outdoor feeding station and were already TNR'd and I'm feeding 2 outdoor stray/ferals that I had TNR'd last year.

I previously had 4 cats at one time, my own 2 and then I took in my Mom's 2 when she went into assisted living. They all lived long lives of 18 to 20 years.