Stubborn cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furbabycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:She finally went to go pee and I saw that the clump was sorta medium.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And don't forget...she may be drinking when you are sleeping. Also, move her water dish away from her food dish. Some cats, reacting to an old, old instinct, do not like to drink from a source near their food. They instinctively know that food next to water can contaminate the water. They do not, however, "get" the fact that with bowls, this does not happen. Hekitty doubled her water intake when her bowl was moved about 6 feet from her food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Furbabycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would if I could but she has a food water dish combo. Should I use a small bowl instead?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Should I use a small bowl instead?
Yes, you can use any bowls or saucers. My cats like to drink from water bowls placed all around the house. Put water bowls in places your cat likes to hang out. They like the novelty of a water bowl in a new place and are more likely to drink that way. If you don't have any spare dishes you can pick them up at a dollar store. Ceramic or steel bowls are best.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found your thread. I want to say don't worry about a dry nose. Cats just let that happen from time to time. What it means is that they didn't lick their nose to get it wet. The reason a cat or dog licks it's nose is because that makes it easier to pick up scents.

Cats don't really need to do this since they have a special organ inside their mouths (Jacobson organ) to help with picking up scents. They do this by inhaling with their mouths open. Not panting, just breathing, they look like they smelled something they didn't like, but it's just to get a better handle on what the scent is.

Here is a blog about it

Dust makes my cat sneeze. If I'm late vacuuming (once a week does it for us) she sneeze several times in a row a couple of times during the night. Vacuuming the next day takes care of it.