Starting My Enclosure

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hang in there Jenn...
Your tribe is depending on you.
I am sending lots of warm, safe thoughts your way.

Can't help myself....
I love JJ.

That picture of him and doggie is adorable.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenn, that forecast sounds downright scary. Sending "stay safe and keep warm" vibes to you Juan, the animals and everyone in the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fixing to leave work in aprox 30 minutes. Where I am at, the roads and all are fine. I called the counties I drive through on the way home and we have trees down and power lines down within 10 miles of us. I am going to call my house to check and see if I have electricity before we leave. If we don't we are going to walmart to buy a little propane cooker. We can deal with candles for light but warming our chili would be nice without having to start a little campfire......

I just don't know what to expect...

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a winter wonderland. The major ice went around our house but not sure what is going to happen tonight. My daughter lives in Nixa which is 5 miles from springfield, mo. They have been without power and heat and water for three days. They just bought a house but haven't moved yet. The power, TODAY, came back on in the new place. So they have packed blankets and are heading to camp out.

These are some pics I took on my way home. We have major outages 10 miles from our house and we are fortunate to have missed that portion of this storm.

I am including a picture of my handsome husband and some power lines..

And then where we live the ice just quit. I am going to our creek tomorrow and take some pics of it. I can hear it raging from the house. It is over flowing. It is supposed to be 4 degree tomorrow night. Thank god for propane... hehe

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And our new little 4x4 that Juan bought yesterday. Sure glad we got it. Especially with the ice right now. And we like to haul stuff around. I also mis quoted something yesterday. We don't have 80 lbs of rock in it. Juan put 500 lbs of rock in it for the ice.

Drives like a top. I have been sitting staring at my honda passport which I have always loved. Too bad the transmission died.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your ice photos are beautiful but it sure looks cold...burrrrr

Really cool truck...
nice husband too.

Stay warm and safe Jenn.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...Jimmy look perfectly warm and comfy.

Has the ice melted yet?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What absolutely beautiful pictures! I know how horrible ice storms can be - but that crystal palace look they create are just incredible.

SMART JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed you!

Laurie

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That crystal palace is every prettier today. With the cold cold sun shinning through the ice, it was unbelievable. Took my breath away.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe Jenn...
apparently falling tree branches are a serious problem in your area.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I told you guys but the worst night when we came to work, the road was blocked by a huge tree. Completely blocked. Juan and I tried to drag it out of the road to no avail. We had to back track a few miles and find the guy with the chainsaw who was clearing branches and limbs off the road and tell him what was up ahead. He cleared the road for us so we could get to work. It took us slightly over an hr to go the first 9 miles there were so many downed trees. We could hear them in the forrest falling. Neither one of us have ever seen anything like it. The roads weren't icy...just patchy.. The trees were the major issue. We were very lucky we did not lose power at our house due to a frozen tree falling. Around our immediate area, the trees were clear of ice but to within a mile away they were covered.

And no, the ice has not melted yet. It has been in the teens and single digits at night. And low 30's in the daytime. I think tomorrow it will warm up but by Saturday [tomorrow] we are looking at 5-7" of snow... This is supposed to occur Friday night through Sunday night. The weatherman might be wrong. Sometimes he is so we will see.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is back to normal as far as this thread goes. And thank god the snow is gone...