SS Countdown?

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh nevermind I see them up further in this thread.... I guess even though I qualify for all but being 6mo + registered I can't participate [emoji]128546[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where can I find said guidelines? Would you be so kind as to link it for
In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up.
2. Be at least 18 years old as of the close of registration.
3. Have 300 or more posts by August 31, 2013.
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2013 or earlier).
5. In the interest of fairness and familiarity, you must have made at the minimum 20 posts between March 1st, 2013 and August 1st, 2013.
6. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3, #4 and #5. There will be NO exceptions to these rules.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Where can I find said guidelines? Would you be so kind as to link it for
In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up.
2. Be at least 18 years old as of the close of registration.
3. Have 300 or more posts by August 31, 2013.
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2013 or earlier).
5. In the interest of fairness and familiarity, you must have made at the minimum 20 posts between March 1st, 2013 and August 1st, 2013.
6. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3, #4 and #5. There will be NO exceptions to these rules.
As MoochNNoodles mentioned, the guidelines do get tweaked a bit from time to time. Every year we review the previous year's exchange and see if any changes need to be made. The mod team is working on that now. :). This year's guidelines will be announced when moochNNoodles posts the sign up thread in another month or so. :).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh nevermind I see them up further in this thread.... I guess even though I qualify for all but being 6mo + registered I can't participate [emoji]128546[/emoji]
I'm sorry, but that guideline probably isn't going to change. :(. You can get around that by becoming a subscribing member.

We prefer that people that participate in SS have been here for a bit and post throughout the year. We've have problems/complaints in past years because a member had to buy for a new/less active member and they would be difficult to buy for and in some cases wouldn't even post about their gift. :(. It's tough for people that don't qualify but we've been doing this for years and have learned from past issues. We want it too be a fun event for everyone. :).

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, but that guideline probably isn't going to change. :(. You can get around that by becoming a subscribing member.

We prefer that people that participate in SS have been here for a bit and post throughout the year. We've have problems/complaints in past years because a member had to buy for a new/less active member and they would be difficult to buy for and in some cases wouldn't even post about their gift. :(. It's tough for people that don't qualify but we've been doing this for years and have learned from past issues. We want it too be a fun event for everyone. :).
I completely understand! I will have to talk with he boyfriend anyhow on our budget, etc. Do you guys have a price limit?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, but that guideline probably isn't going to change.
. You can get around that by becoming a subscribing member.

We prefer that people that participate in SS have been here for a bit and post throughout the year. We've have problems/complaints in past years because a member had to buy for a new/less active member and they would be difficult to buy for and in some cases wouldn't even post about their gift.
. It's tough for people that don't qualify but we've been doing this for years and have learned from past issues. We want it too be a fun event for everyone.
Yup; we look at the feedback; the praise and the complaints and adjust the guidelines as a team.  We try to keep it fair for everyone.  
I completely understand! I will have to talk with he boyfriend anyhow on our budget, etc. Do you guys have a price limit?
Usually I think we've done either $15 or $20; not including shipping.  And give people options whether or not they are willing to ship overseas.  Depending on how many people participate; it can be difficult to match some overseas people but it usually works out.  Some people do spend more and some are just good at finding deals.  Some people shop early for little things and that helps too.  The point is; we get to know each other and have some good laughs during the holiday season.  That means the Mod team works hard to try to make it a good experience for everyone. 

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This sounds like a great community event. I would love to participate but it seems the only way I'll be able to do that is by subscribing! (Something I plan on looking into)

Do people typically buy items for their match's cat(s) or for the actual person?

Sorry for all the questions if there is an older thread somewhere I wil gladly read it.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first heard about it, I just searched the forums for Secret Santa threads. Here's last year's hint thread, which makes it look like buying for the cats and people part of the plan, but I'm sure is optional if some people would prefer just their cats receive gifts or just they receive gifts. Though I think on this forum, a lot of people would be pretty excited to sneak a little something in for the cats just because.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Even if you don't subscribe; there is always next year!  You just have to keep posting regularly and be over 18 etc.  The years I've had the most fun with it were when I had a recipient who was someone I'd gotten to know around the boards.  A few I keep in contact with even though they don't post like they used to here. 

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Even if you don't subscribe; there is always next year!  You just have to keep posting regularly and be over 18 etc.  The years I've had the most fun with it were when I had a recipient who was someone I'd gotten to know around the boards.  A few I keep in contact with even though they don't post like they used to here. 
By the way, what is the subscribing business? I have yet to find anything on how or where or prices, and I have been looking!! I am interested!

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I will be playing this year but I sure had fun last year.  :clap:
I still use the strawberry kids bubble bath you sent me!! On Xenas weekly bath and she smells soooo good!! And the cross you sent me is on the wall with the others!! :-)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still use the strawberry kids bubble bath you sent me!! On Xenas weekly bath and she smells soooo good!! And the cross you sent me is on the wall with the others!! :-)
I'm glad you like them.  I had a great  time shopping for you!  Hmm...maybe I will have to participate this year. It's hard to resist.  

Last edited:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm glad you like them.  I had a great  time shopping for you!  Hmm...maybe I will have to participate this year. It's hard to resist.  
You did great, you should participate again. !

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am definitely considering.  Secret Santa is one of the top highlights of my year.  For those who haven't participated before, my experience has been wonderful. Big fun.

Last edited:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is now August!!! Mid august is coming soon!!!

So excited!

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it time yet.......? There are 31 days in August.............. the evening of the 15th, which is this coming Friday will be the official "middle of the month" :D here's hoping!!!!!