SPOILERS-Harry Potter discussion thread

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

i just finished off the book right now, my eyes are still sore from crying.
i havent read this whole thread, but i was kind of dissapointed that dumbledore died, and that snape was the half blooded prince, i really thought it would have been voldemonts copy.
Kind of sad for Gilly that harry broke it off, i cant wait untill the movie comes out to see it in a different form.

I hope the next book will be a bit longer and have more details of what actually happens. So its not so dissapointing..
I was sad about Gilly too. Harry and her were so cute!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew there was something wrong when i saw Sams post about being gilly LOL!!!!!!!

opps it was my fault for calling her gilly

Gilly and Guiness youre both in detention for making me mispell Ginny

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kind of sad for Gilly that harry broke it off
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I was sad about Gilly too. Harry and her were so cute!
Originally Posted by turtlecat

LOL It's been driving my nuts. GINNY!.. I've been trying not to call Gilly that for weeks!

I knew there was something wrong when i saw Sams post about being gilly LOL!!!!!!!

opps it was my fault for calling her gilly

Gilly and Guinness youre both in detention for making me mispell Ginny
hahaha you lot!!!!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nearly finished the book too! Being off work yesterday helped a great deal. All along I knew that Snape was the baddy
Yet I can't believe he killed Dumbledore.... Oh and the bit that I was more upset about was the thought of Fang trapped in Hagrid's burning hut.... poor Fang!

I just have some more reading to do now, I am up to the bit just after the attack when they are in the hospital wing and Mr & Mrs Weasley have just turned up to see Bill etc...

RIP Dumbledore

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i do think dumbledore is dead. and i'm leaning toward snape being loyal to voldemort. as for why he killed dumbledore, it might be that whatever potion dumbledore drank was a poison that had no antidote so he was pleading with snape to end his life for him? this could also help to explain why he froze harry, so that harry wouldn't intervene (i don't think he was worried so much about malfoy and the other death eaters harming harry and harry is to morally straight to seriously harm malfoy.) i also think ginny will be sticking by harry's side, possibly she will convince him that their relationship is worth whatever risk is involved? i really hope it doesn't take another 2 years for the next book, i want to find out for sure what happens and which if any of my theories are right.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did have to begin reading it again just to clear up a few points. Here are some things I noticed in Chapter 2 (Spinner's End)

- Wormtail is living with Snape. He is a wanted "wizard" (I use the term loosely) - why wouldn't Snape turn him in? Well, maybe to keep in good with Voldemort?
- BUT - Snape KNEW that Draco was supposed to kill Dumbledore - why didn't he warn someone??? I really wanted to believe that Snape was not on the dark side, but when I re-read that, I really think that he could've warned Dumbledore.

Bummer.

-Kim

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I did have to begin reading it again just to clear up a few points. Here are some things I noticed in Chapter 2 (Spinner's End)

- Wormtail is living with Snape. He is a wanted "wizard" (I use the term loosely) - why wouldn't Snape turn him in? Well, maybe to keep in good with Voldemort?
- BUT - Snape KNEW that Draco was supposed to kill Dumbledore - why didn't he warn someone??? I really wanted to believe that Snape was not on the dark side, but when I re-read that, I really think that he could've warned Dumbledore.

Bummer.

-Kim
I think Snape did warn someone - Dumbledore. Snape made an unbreakable vow, and without warning Bellatrix added in that he must complete the task if Draco failed/was unable. Snape them realised he would have to kill Dumby, and that is the argument Hagrid overheard - Snape telling D he didn't want to do it, and D telling Snape that he must, in order to stay close to Voldy. D realised that he may have to be a casualty in this war if the good were to triumph. D was pleading with Snape to kill him at the end IMO.

Snape couldn't turn in Wormtail, as they are supposed to be on the same side (as far as Voldy is concerned).

JKR makes a point of telling us how good Snape is at hiding his thoughts - I think this is all because Snape is a double agent and therefore JKR is telling us why Voldy can't read his mind.

Just my thoghts!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone remember where (in the book) Hagrid overhead Snape & Dumbledore? Like I said, I missed a few things. I'm catching more the second time around! (Lots of interruptions the first read-through)

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michael Farr for Indigo books and music - When is the seventh book going to finally come out because it took two years for this one to come out?

JK Rowling: I am going to say now I think it will be at least another two year wait (groans). Sorry, I think it probably will be just being realistic. My plan is to start writing seriously at the end of the year because I still have a very young baby, although I am doing some work on it at the moment.
Pooh. Just ran across this in a transcript of a press conference/interview with J.K.Rowling ...

Gonna be a long 2 years

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
has anyone else thought this...

that snape (like so many other men in the book) was in love with Lilly?

snape said Lilly sed to defend him against the others and nearly didnt date james when she caught him bullying snape.

it would also explain why he was truly sorry at the death of the potters,not for James or Harry's sake, but for Lilly.

Would also explain his hatred of Harry, the constant reminder of his dead mother and her union with james.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, I think you might have a point there

I might read the other books again because I seem to have forgotten soooo much