So what's on the menu tonight?

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A nice hot lamb stew, with onions, carrots, tunips and parsnips, pearl barley and tiny star pasta served with warm french bread just the thing for these freezing snowy evenings when my DH comes in from milking the cows.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're due for something from the water. I'll take a run down to the market and see what looks nice. Accompaniments will follow. And I think I may do a Blueberry Crisp for dessert. Depending on how many are at the table, I may also do a soft custard to go with it.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Milk maid

A nice hot lamb stew, with onions, carrots, tunips and parsnips, pearl barley and tiny star pasta served with warm french bread just the thing for these freezing snowy evenings when my DH comes in from milking the cows.
Oh that sounds yummy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had tuna and artichoke melts on toasted English muffins for lunch. Went to an Italian place for dinner tonight.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A salad with organic baby greens, mushrooms, green onions, cottage cheese, a boiled egg, and whatever else I find to throw in with a tall glass of iced tea along with some leftover tomato soup on the side.
For lunch we made personal pizzas with oyster mushrooms, speciality cheese, other veggies and some of the hearty and rich tomato soup made earlier today.
Better make a mental note to thaw some salmon for tomorrow's dinner. Probably have some baby potatoes roasted on the side, and another salad but not so substantial.
Love eating in, we finally got smart and are expanding our garden this year to include a lot more produce.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last of the meatloaf from the other night. I wish I had the right bread for garlic bread, because I don't really feel like potatoes tonight. Maybe I'll get creative with some multi-grain and cheese and herbs and stick it under the broiler -- or maybe I'll pull some leftover rice from the freezer and see what goodies I can throw into it.
Some salad on the side. And butter tarts for dessert.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday roas-lamb, roast potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes, leeks, cabbage, carrots and gravy made from the lamb juices...oh and yorkshire puddings-a got to !! x

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, we were going to be cleaning up the end of the salmon fillets from Friday night, but we now have a dinner invitation with friends. C is working and decreed that R should make dinner. I asked him if I looked worried. He was going shopping this afternoon, so no clue what dinner will be -- other than fabulous.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had my lunch - which is my favourite at the moment. Pan fried mushrooms, egg and cheese in a toasted bap. Getting my chocolate fix in early today with one medium chocolate chip cookie and a glass or two of chocolate milk.

I'm working tonight and don't really feel like fare from work so I'm taking a panini and I will fill it with salad once I get there. Yum

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sam ??? a salad panini?

I had redone mexican leftovers made into a version of tortilla pie

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Meatless Monday dinner tonight will be vegetable barley soup that I made in the crock pot yesterday and then put in the fridge for tonight. And I also made some whole wheat sage yeast rolls yesterday to go with the soup.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week I apparently was on a roll with "amazing dinners", hubby said. (Shrimp picatta, cajun shrimp alfredo, & penne lasagna). Hopefully I can compete with myself this week!

I'm thinking of making deep fried shrimp and drumsticks for him one day this week, possibly tonight depending on what time I get home from work
Its been awhile since I've used my fryer!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I'm thinking of making deep fried shrimp and drumsticks for him one day this week, possibly tonight depending on what time I get home from work
Its been awhile since I've used my fryer!
oh how nice! maybe fantail shrimp

fried foods = happiness

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to make tater tot casserole. One of my son's favorites, and we're celebrating something special that happened to him!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The salmon leftovers got postponed last night, so I really MUST use them tonight -- possibly in crepes with asparagus and an Alfredo sauce.