So what's on the menu tonight?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night's meatloaf etc turned into risotto and garlic prawns. By the time dinner was on the horizon, there was neither time nor energy for the original plan. Tonight we have an event downtown early in the evening, so we'll probably stop for something on the way home.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza and chips (home not takeaway), mmm exciting
. Looking forward to tomorrows tea tonight though, doing a roast, yuuummmmyyy.xx

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to do my chicken tonight.Whole Deli roasted chicken with the skin removed and a glaze of sugar-free apricot preserves and sugar-free orange marmalade mixed with Basalmic vinegar, carmelized onions. Also sauteed asparagus. Seems like a number of us are having asparagus tonight. I was shocked by the price of it, guess it cost that much because it came from Peru. The bunch I got cost over $4. But I won't eat the stuff that comes in a can....mush! Fresh is the ONLY way DH will eat it, and it took him awhile to accept that...and he says he's not picky.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's dinner will be a pork tenderloin roasted with sweet potatoes and Granny Smith apples.

Spudsmom, your chicken sounds mouth-watering!

I paid $2 for a pound of asparagus at our local farmers market. I hate the canned stuff, too. Ick

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roast chicken, sausagemeat stuffing, carrots, cabbage, leeks, mashed potatoe, gravy, oh and of course yorkshire puddings. mmmmmmm.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This is good for brunch, but also makes a good supper:

Broccoli Squares

2 pkg frozen chopped broccoli
2 cups cooked, diced ham
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 C bisquick
3 cups milk
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Cook broccoli, drain and place in a greased 13x9 pan. Layer ham, then cheese. Combine remaining ingredients, Pour into pan. Bake one hour. Cool slightly before eating.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Broccoli Squares

2 cups cooked, diced ham
1 C bisquick
3 cups milk
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Cook broccoli, drain and place in a greased 13x9 pan. Layer ham, then cheese. Combine remaining ingredients, Pour into pan. Bake one hour. Cool slightly before eating.
Mmmm. That sound good!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Anybody have any ideas on what to do with leftover ham?
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Broccoli Squares

2 cups cooked, diced ham
1 C bisquick
3 cups milk
4 eggs

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Mmmm. That sound good!
Indeed it does. This Ham and Noodle Casserole is one we like a lot.

http://southernfood.about.com/cs/afr...am_noodle1.htm

A little salad along with it and you're all set.

~~~~~~~~~~

ETA: Monday's beef got sidetracked. I think we get it tonight. Could be meatloaf or maybe Shepherd's Pie.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working tonight but I'm going to make my famous (only with myself, LOL) chicken topped mess for lunch. Chicken schnitzels with diced mushroom, onions, spinach and cheese on top. Unfortunately I don't have any garlic left!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm working tonight but I'm going to make my famous (only with myself, LOL) chicken topped mess for lunch. Chicken schnitzels with diced mushroom, onions, spinach and cheese on top. Unfortunately I don't have any garlic left!
That sounds good! We're having chicken tonight but I doubt it will be anything that tasty.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lentil and beef tip soup with fried pita chips on top. Hot fresh french bread.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Chicken and avacado salad (chicken, diced avacado with some mayo and a bit of ranch dressing) in a wrap with some fresh spinach. Finishing the last bite as I type this. It was yummy!
Its even better with some bacon, but I dont have any!
I stole this recipe from you! We had a roasted deli chicken last night and I shredded up what was left and used your recipe. I just added some celery and red onion. It's chilling in the fridge and I've just started some tomato soup heating.. I'm so looking forward to dinner. Thank you!! I love this thread for inspiration.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Penne pasta with sauteed vegetables: onions, garlic, carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes, and topped with shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A yummy kebab takeaway, wow its been so long since we had a takeaway and boy am I ready to take a break from cooking !!