So what's on the menu tonight?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I have. It's one of my very favourite places to eat, and my request for my birthday dinner every year now. Each time we go there, though, I have this little fearful wondering if this is going to be the time my expectations are not met -- but no, it just gets better. We did the Shaking Beef, as predicted -- I adore that stuff. And Pad Thai -- the best I've had anywhere. And the Chili Crusted Squid -- serious yum. And the Thai Jungle Curry -- another serious yum. And the Yang Chow Fried Rice. And decided to hold there and see whether we needed any more main course dishes. Then we decided that deciding on another was impossible, but deciding on dessert was not. Five desserts at the table: 2 Chocolate Orange Torte (I almost got that, and did taste Rob's -- oh yum!) 1 Green Tea Brulee (Jr allowed tastes -- another yum!) and 2 Curry-Butterscotch Pot de Creme (Oh, my! I made the right choice -- to die for!)
oh my goodness, did they have to roll you out of the restaurant?!

I would have a very hard time choosing too.

Originally Posted by kluchetta

I also made this:
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/Sho...aspx?rid=47762
and it looks amazing!
Oooh, that looks so good! I have frozen spinach and that recipe would be a good way to use it up one day.

Tonight was a pre-cooked meal courtesy of the President again. Was good though. I must start eating vegetables....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having had three nights of turkey leftovers, I think we'll leave that for a few days, and clean up the last of the ham. Ham and noodle casserole will do us two nights, and then we'll have something nice NYE.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm working every night at the moment but am sick of food from work so will need to grab something to cook for tea tonight. I'm just about to cook brunch - mushroom, egg and cheese english muffins!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There've been a lot of poultry and pork products consumed in our house in the last couple of weeks. Time for some beef
-- I'm thinking probably meatloaf, which would include a veg and potatoes of some sort -- likely smashed.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I'm working every night at the moment but am sick of food from work so will need to grab something to cook for tea tonight. I'm just about to cook brunch - mushroom, egg and cheese english muffins!
Yuuuuuummmmmyyyy
I love muffins, gosh haven't had them for ages (make a mental note to add muffins to shopping list
) and I love a good english breakfast.
Well, nothing exciting here tonight, minted lamb grill steaks, pasta and deli wraps, sounds not very nice compared to your yummy meal. x

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having an amazing tasting pizza from Papa Murphys (take and bake) but unfortunately I have no idea what it is! My daughter went in and said, "give me your personal favorite," to her friend, and he did, but didn't label it! LOL

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Venison steaks (we haven't had red meat in a LONG time, so this quite the treat!), mashed potatoes, corn and MAYBE gravy. It's not a good dinner for the way we've been eating lately. It's a great dinner if we were eating the way we used to...which is whatever we wanted to. I don't think it's so bad to through out a bad dinner now and then, as long as we don't get in the habit. I have a new chicken recipe from my diabetic recipe file to do tomorrow and ideas to have the chicken as leftovers for a few days.