So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hubby ended up at the hockey game
so the little man and I had Cream of Chicken soup - a BIG hit (well, he eats pretty much EVERYTHING
). However, he ate most of mine and I'm feeling too aweful to actually cook myself anything else, and since I try not to buy any processed food that means everything needs to be cooked...

I had licorish for dinner
Sorry baby!! (well he's the one that's craving it!!)I promise I'll eat better tomorrow.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tonight I did something very simple... we made nachos. My boyfriend is VERY picky so it consisted of hamburger meat, chips, mexican cheese, and black olives. LOL! I put salsa on mine...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going all out tonight, after hospital food for a couple of days tonight it is as follows, Steak, baked potato, green beans, and sliced banana's for dessert. And my tummy is growling just thinking about it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Popup conversation with my sweetie:

ME: I'm having a brick wall experience regarding dinner. Vietnamese turn your crank?
HIM: Definitely!
ME: OK. You're on. I won't worry about leftovers -- we'll have them tomorrow night.
HIM: Isn't that what Sunday nights are for?
ME: Well, for easy dinners, at any rate, and yummy leftovers certainly qualify.
HIM: Definitley!

So now you know what we're having for dinner tonight AND tomorrow.

Specifics: Calamari Julienne, Duck Anisette, Drunken Prawns Royal Citron, Vietnamese Fried Rice, and Spicy Vegetable Basil

And my mouth is watering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I am having wild goose for dinner this evening. My brother just got back from one of his hunting excursions and dropped one off for me. So I am going to stuff it with red onions, add some potato's and carrots to the pan and roast it up. For anyone who has never had wild goose it is a lot different then domesticated. It has a much stronger flavor and has much less fat on it. It is also very good with peach marmalade of all things.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Actually I am having wild goose for dinner this evening. My brother just got back from one of his hunting excursions and dropped one off for me. So I am going to stuff it with red onions, add some potato's and carrots to the pan and roast it up. For anyone who has never had wild goose it is a lot different then domesticated. It has a much stronger flavor and has much less fat on it. It is also very good with peach marmalade of all things.
Oh, yumyumyumyum. And I have no difficulty whatsoever believing that it would be wonderful with peach marmalade. Which brings a memory from my childhood -- my Mum made the BEST peach marmalade ever -- but by the time I was collecting recipes, that one had disappeared.

Our Vietnamese was predictably yummy. Rob said "you cook good with a phone, too."

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tea tonight was rosemary and mint marinated lamb chops, potato wedges and pan fried onions and mushrooms. I made enough for lunch but had the midnight munchies.

Oh and homemade custard, mango jelly and peaches for afters.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unless I have a better idea before I get home, liver -- with the works: bacon, onions, mashed potatoes. I bought liver a few weeks ago, when I saw some that looked nice, even though I wasn't sure when it would get onto the menu, and it's been in the freezer asking for its turn ever since. I think it gets its turn tonight.

For dessert, I think there are still some raspberries to have with yogurt or ice cream. Must check with the boy in case he ate 'em all up this morning.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy food, especially good food. I've have to say that today has been one of the worst days of eating in my life.

I started off with a nice cup of tea in the morning and had some left over tinned spaghetti in the fridge which I heated up in the microwave and then noticed these weird black things in so I promptly threw it out. I headed to the cupboard for my standby fruit in jelly punnets, and after two mouthfuls threw it away because it tasted like petrol.

So I started heating the oven for some oven baked french fries. When the oven was pre heated I went to get some from the freezer and we had none!

It's now 1am and in about 2 hours I'll catch the bus to work and grab something DELICIOUS despite the price of buying something quick and easy. I'll probably get a corned beef sandwhich and a snag roll! YUM!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I really enjoy food, especially good food. I've have to say that today has been one of the worst days of eating in my life.

I started off with a nice cup of tea in the morning and had some left over tinned spaghetti in the fridge which I heated up in the microwave and then noticed these weird black things in so I promptly threw it out. I headed to the cupboard for my standby fruit in jelly punnets, and after two mouthfuls threw it away because it tasted like petrol.

So I started heating the oven for some oven baked french fries. When the oven was pre heated I went to get some from the freezer and we had none!

It's now 1am and in about 2 hours I'll catch the bus to work and grab something DELICIOUS despite the price of buying something quick and easy. I'll probably get a corned beef sandwhich and a snag roll! YUM!
Not a good start at all, Sam!! Hope things have improved, though how they could have NOT improved by now is beyond me.

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Unless I have a better idea before I get home, liver -- with the works: bacon, onions, mashed potatoes.
Well, I didn't have a better idea, but the liver is waiting for tomorrow nonetheless. I arrived home to find that the boy had had lunch late and large. I said, "So, will you be eating dinner, then?" He said, "Well, yeah, but not too much." "Oh. So you won't want the liver, then." "Oh." "It can stay in the freezer. We'll have it tomorrow. Now all I have to do is figure out what we ARE going to have." "oh. sorry." I know. Classic passive-aggressive.
I try not to, but I was tired and POed.

So, it's smokies, panfries, green beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.