So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's only a few days since I did pasta, but we need a quick meal tonight, and the basil is getting ahead of me again, so it's the tomato/basil sauce. (That was an option the other night, but the boy wanted meat, so we had the chicken and mushroom treatment instead.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

We had

Ricotta Pancakes with Roasted Golden Delicious Apples and Roasted Prosciutto. Instead of Prosciutto we had bacon. Very good!
I would recommend it - but if you don't like prosciutto (I haven't had it)
you can use bacon or ham instead.

here's the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html
That looks really good.

I made pizza on the pizza stone - spinach, chicken, garlic, basil. Next time I'll have to add goat cheese instead of the usual cheeses.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolate, haven't eaten anything else today because I've been a bit sick (as usually)..

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bramborak!!

It's like potato pancakes. I brought back a bag of Bramborak seasoning from Czech Republic. I mix in shredded potatoes, onions, red peppers and some ham and fry it up in a pan.

There was 2 places that made the best ones. Outdoor restaurant across the street from Charles Bridge and (I think) the same outdoor restaurant in Old Town Square.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pork. I have some lovely boneless loin chops. I think I'll do them with mushrooms, onion, fresh sage and apple cider. Beans, beans and more beans.
And probably Jasmine Rice. Fruit salad for dessert, I think.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Pork. I have some lovely boneless loin chops. I think I'll do them with mushrooms, onion, fresh sage and apple cider. Beans, beans and more beans.
And probably Jasmine Rice. Fruit salad for dessert, I think.
I like pork chops but hubby says they are too "dry" for him. He likes sauce with his meat.

Hubby called earlier to ask what I planned for dinner and I told him I didn't have any plans.
So he suggested that tonight we go to our local restaurant for dinner so I've made reservations for 7pm. The chef is from Switzerland and makes lovely things.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure maybe Tortillas or Steaks.

I`m not feeling too good today so it may come down to what hubby wants to cook

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I like pork chops but hubby says they are too "dry" for him. He likes sauce with his meat.

Hubby called earlier to ask what I planned for dinner and I told him I didn't have any plans.
So he suggested that tonight we go to our local restaurant for dinner so I've made reservations for 7pm. The chef is from Switzerland and makes lovely things.
That sounds nice.

Re pork chops, he wouldn't find these dry. That's my main complaint about pork chops in general. I mostly don't do them, except occasionally on the BBQ, but since finding these lovely loin chops (tenderloin end), we have them much more frequently. It's the really tender chop, coupled with the moist cooking -- about half a bottle of cider -- that does the trick, and they're gorgeous. You don't always see the tenderloin end chops, but when I do, I pick up a bunch and stick 'em in the freezer.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That sounds nice.

Re pork chops, he wouldn't find these dry. That's my main complaint about pork chops in general. I mostly don't do them, except occasionally on the BBQ, but since finding these lovely loin chops (tenderloin end), we have them much more frequently. It's the really tender chop, coupled with the moist cooking -- about half a bottle of cider -- that does the trick, and they're gorgeous. You don't always see the tenderloin end chops, but when I do, I pick up a bunch and stick 'em in the freezer.
Oooh I'll look for them then. Speaking of apple cider, I picked up a bottle of Calvados in Buffalo, NY last week on my golf trip - $24 per bottle versus the $48.45 I have to pay here.
Unfortunately I was only allowed one bottle. I always use Calvados to deglaze my pan when making pork tenderloin - mmmmmmm good.

pintameez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Veggie burgers for us tonight, with loads of veggies on top.

Anyone have any good vegetarian/vegan recipes to share?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oooh I'll look for them then. Speaking of apple cider, I picked up a bottle of Calvados in Buffalo, NY last week on my golf trip - $24 per bottle versus the $48.45 I have to pay here.
Unfortunately I was only allowed one bottle. I always use Calvados to deglaze my pan when making pork tenderloin - mmmmmmm good.
Indeed. I have been tempted by your reference to Calvados, but shied away because of the price.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Indeed. I have been tempted by your reference to Calvados, but shied away because of the price.
I know, it's like liquid gold. I bought one brand one time that cost me $80 per bottle. I used it sparingly.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A meal we all enjoy called "Mushroom Stew". Something very simple, cheap and very easy to make that DH's mom used to make him growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.