So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the omelettes just got cancelled. Rehearsal is cancelled, so I don't have to hurry dinner. Now, to think what to have instead...

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
im going to have a wander round asda to see what i fancy for tea, but i think i will pick up a cooked chicken and ill do some carrots mash and cabbage and might splash out on a bottle of red for us that and some of it will go in my mince for mince and dumplings tomorrow night yummy

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Homemade Nachos, healthy style.

Rosiemac - have room for 2 extra guests tonight? your dinner sounds delicious

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a late large lunch of Coconut shrimp and a brick oven pizza with spinach, chicken and garlic as toppings, so we won't be having much for dinner.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I now have time to do dinner properly, and since we're going to a House Cooling Party tomorrow, I think I'm going to "do" Friday tonight. We're due for a ham, so if I can get the one I like, it'll be baked ham, baked potatoes, green beans. Still not a fussy dinner, but a little nicer than "mid-week". Don't know what for dessert -- may pick up some pastries or something.

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
we had pork tenderloin, mmmm.

Tried a new recipe for the rub, I liked it but DH wasn't so big on the fennel, I'll have to do some tweaking!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Since I now have time to do dinner properly, and since we're going to a House Cooling Party tomorrow, I think I'm going to "do" Friday tonight. We're due for a ham, so if I can get the one I like, it'll be baked ham, baked potatoes, green beans. Still not a fussy dinner, but a little nicer than "mid-week". Don't know what for dessert -- may pick up some pastries or something.
Yes, well, they don't always have the boneless banquet ham I like, and they didn't tonight. But they did have some really gorgeous boneless pork loin chops -- tenderloin end. Seasoned and browned, sprinkled with fresh sage, draped with sauteed onion and mushroom, about a cup of Granny Smith Apple cider added, simmered for 15 minutes or so, while baby potatoes and beans cooked. Juices reduced, a few tablespoons of cream added, and reduced.
This is a keeper. I'd have been happy to serve it on Friday night.

I did pick up some pastries for dessert.

Party food tomorrow. I have a salmon pate chilling and will pick up some interesting bread and a couple of types of olives to add some interest to the platter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about doing a nice roast chicken with all the trimmings if I make it home early enough. If not just more left-overs.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pasta. Probably with the tomato/basil sauce, since the basil is still going crazy. Probably add some green beans to it, since they, too, are still going crazy. On the other hand, I feel a yen for chicken and mushrooms in an alfredo sauce, so who knows what will actually happen!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Egg pie as we call it

Quiche with spinach, bacon and chicken in it.

Maybe some hashbrowns too.

Status
Not open for further replies.