Not open for further replies.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Beef stew in the crockpot. Smells soooo good
sounds yummy.

Tomorrow, we're having something with yellow beans. Picked a bunch tonight.... so we'll have them with something tommorrow (it was too late when they got picked to have tonight).

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spinach salad with cottage cheese and boiled egg and tons of fresh veggies like tomato, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, etc.
I had a glass of red wine with dinner, trying to like red wine, but still can't stand it. So I also had a big glass of iced tea with a slice of lemon. I will keep trying. I want to be able to drink a very small amount about twice a week with dinner, since it is suppose to be heart healthy.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Beef stew in the crockpot. Smells soooo good
I've got ratatouille with thin slices of marinated lamb in mine right now. I'll serve it over rice tonight, and the leftovers over noodles tomorrow.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peytonsawyer

Looks like I'm going to happy hour after work...so I'm sure something greasy and bar-foody..we shall see
Welcome to TCS!

I had crumbled pan fried fresh blue nose fish tonight with coleslaw, potato salad and bread for dinner!
My Mum went to a fisherman for the fish!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am making a nice hearty vegetable stew with everything but the kitchen sink in it. In fact it's almost done and it smells wonderful..

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no idea because I am in class tonight and only get 20 minutes to eat. Probably a can of tuna with pasta.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been taking down eaves troughs today in preparation of painting our house trim so hubby is taking me out to the local lovely restaurant for dinner.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We've been taking down eaves troughs today in preparation of painting our house trim so hubby is taking me out to the local lovely restaurant for dinner.
Awesome! You deserve it. He's a good man. But we knew both of those things.

One of these nights I'm going to do Butter Chicken and all that stuff, but I'm not sure it'll be tonight. After a greyish day yesterday, the sun is back, and I think I'd rather find something for the BBQ. Guess I'll reserve that decision for later.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greens and, well greens!
Cooked up a big pot of collards and some turnip greens, my first ever attempt!
In a broth of ham hocks, and chicken was on sale, so into the pot!
Garlic, and just salt and pepper as seasoning.
Took all day, not my best idea on a humid already day.
There is a lot of meat in there, and the greens , and I also added chickpeas, instead of black eyed peas
Yell at me for not doing it right, but they came out darn good!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if I can clear enough of the kitchen floor, I'll finally cook the chicken thighs I bought a few days back. Maybe some seasoning... if I can unearth it. I love moving.... not.

if I can't clear the floor in front of the stove, then I'll pull something out of the freezer to microwave.

Amanda

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shrimp quesadillas with homemade black bean salsa

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The BBQ wins. Beek Souvlaki, Greek Salad, Pita bread, Tzatziki. Not very Greek for dessert, though: there's a mango that won't last much longer.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Awesome! You deserve it. He's a good man. But we knew both of those things.

One of these nights I'm going to do Butter Chicken and all that stuff, but I'm not sure it'll be tonight. After a greyish day yesterday, the sun is back, and I think I'd rather find something for the BBQ. Guess I'll reserve that decision for later.
I do, he is and yes we knew.
I had the beef veg & lentil soup of the day, roasted salmon with artichoke/spinach topping with rice and grilled mixed veggies (zuccini, carrots, red pepper, green pepper, eggplant). Hubby had their seafood soup (with mussels) and Penne with Sausage and Rose sauce for his main course. Lovely food - Swiss chef.

Fran, our daughter loves Butter Chicken and makes a pretty good one.

Originally Posted by Trillcat

Greens and, well greens!
Cooked up a big pot of collards and some turnip greens, my first ever attempt!
In a broth of ham hocks, and chicken was on sale, so into the pot!
Garlic, and just salt and pepper as seasoning.
Took all day, not my best idea on a humid already day.
There is a lot of meat in there, and the greens , and I also added chickpeas, instead of black eyed peas
Yell at me for not doing it right, but they came out darn good!
Turnip greens are probably my favourite green in the whole world!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I do, he is and yes we knew.
I had the beef veg & lentil soup of the day, roasted salmon with artichoke/spinach topping with rice and grilled mixed veggies (zuccini, carrots, red pepper, green pepper, eggplant). Hubby had their seafood soup (with mussels) and Penne with Sausage and Rose sauce for his main course. Lovely food - Swiss chef.
Sounds like there were some serious yums there.

Fran, our daughter loves Butter Chicken and makes a pretty good one.
It's one of our favourite things. Possibly tomorrow. The Greek stuff was pretty good.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Butter Chicken is an east Indian Curry dish. Made from scratch it can be a bit labour intensive but there are some quick mixes available (which is what my lazy daughter uses
) and it is quite good. I have an Indian friend that makes it for me from time to time when I see her and it is sooooo good. She's an awesome cook anyway so I wouldn't expect anything less.

I used to work with an Indian girl that would bring curried green bean sandwiches to work - they were so good that her mom started sending an extra for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.