So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Read our forecast for anticipated snow accumulation!!!

This Afternoon: Snow. Areas of fog. High near 37. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Steady temperature around 33. North northwest wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 37. North northwest wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Charming!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Read our forecast for anticipated snow accumulation!!!

This Afternoon: Snow. Areas of fog. High near 37. North wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Steady temperature around 33. North northwest wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow before noon, then rain and snow. High near 37. North northwest wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
It's almost 70 here today.

Tonight is turkey and spinach enchiladas with guacamole.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im having guacamole, too with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and cilantro on top. Served with chicken quessadillas with roasted corn, black beans and roasted peppers.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im having guacamole, too with chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and cilantro on top. Served with chicken quessadillas with roasted corn, black beans and roasted peppers.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had pan fried salmon fillets with tarhonya (Hungarian egg noodles). It was quite nice, but I'm cursing Karen for filling my head with visions of crab encrusted steak and brie stuffed chicken breasts!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

We had pan fried salmon fillets with tarhonya (Hungarian egg noodles). It was quite nice, but I'm cursing Karen for filling my head with visions of crab encrusted steak and brie stuffed chicken breasts!
that menu has my mouth watering, too.

Thanks Karen!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Baked Ham and Scallopped Potatoes tonight. Harvard Beets are a must, and maybe some green peas. I have several gorgeous mangoes, so I think probably dessert will be some concoction using mango and ladyfingers and cream. We decanted the first batch of this year's Orange Brandy the other night, so that will undoubtedly figure in there somewhere.
Wow! What time is dinner? That sounds really good! I've probably missed it!

I'm making Jumbalya with smoked sausage.

I should be making a meatloaf, since I've been craving one and it will probably too warm the rest of the week to run the oven.

I went shopping today. There was a sale on meat. 5 specially marked pkgs for $19.99. So I got Brats, scallops, loin chops, chicken breasts, and ground beef. It was hard to get through the crowd to get to the meat counter. I need to rearrange the freezer and get some more. I should get some stew meat as the pkgs were really big!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

Your Welcome
. Sounds like it will be fun! (minus the losing sleep part!) Looking forward to hearing how it goes!! I might be possibly taking one of my "household cats" (dont know if that is the exact term lol) to a show in a month for the first time!
Yup HHP is a term
(Household pets) we call them Domestics here

You can read about the show in the Breeders Corner!

I had 10 fish fingers for dinner tonight. I've been up for 21 hours now!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gonna have cheese fondue tonight. Got the cheese, got the cheap wine, got the bread.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
simple nachos for lunch : ie chips , cheese and lots of salsa ...

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prime rib sandwiches to die for at a bar that only makes prime rib on saturday nights. They are the best

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti and meatballs! Easy dinner
I have 10 jars of homemade sauce frozen and also have a whole package of meatballs my mom made and froze them. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to make meatballs as good as she does

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Wow! What time is dinner? That sounds really good! I've probably missed it!
Well, at the time you posted, you could probably have got here in time, since we eat late as a rule, and even later on Fridays. We sat just after 9. It was pretty good, though I wasn't able to get the ham I usually buy and I was a little disappointed with this one. Still good, though, and there's lots left. It was lovely with scramblies for brunch, and there will be several sandwiches, and some ham patties, possibly a quiche, and certainly some Eggs Benny before we're done with it.

Originally Posted by spudsmom

I'm making Jumbalya with smoked sausage.
That sounds pretty yummy, too.

For tonight, I'm not sure. I may do a rerun of last night, since there's some scallopped potato to warm up and some beets as well. Or I may save that for tomorrow in order not to serve ham three meals in a row. We'll see.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm doing something with ground turkey tonight. Havent decided if it'll be sloppy joes (dont even know the last time I had those) or some kind of yummy special burger..Im leaning towards burgers...maybe I'll flip a coin

Status
Not open for further replies.