snow

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love white cats to that's why I'm keeping him even tho I sed I wasn't going to lol
Lol I insisted I wasn't keeping any of Daisy's kittens either but the 2nd one born stole my heart as soon as he was born and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter so he's staying put, I'm just hoping him and Daisy continue to get on ok as when my sister kept one of her cats kittens a few years ago the mum eventually left home as she didn't like being around her kitten, I'm just hoping getting them both spayed / neutered will prevent any problems as I know my sister didn't have that done right away

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol I insisted I wasn't keeping any of Daisy's kittens either but the 2nd one born stole my heart as soon as he was born and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter so he's staying put, I'm just hoping him and Daisy continue to get on ok as when my sister kept one of her cats kittens a few years ago the mum eventually left home as she didn't like being around her kitten, I'm just hoping getting them both spayed / neutered will prevent any problems as I know my sister didn't have that done right away
ive been told the same about mum's not getting.on with kittens as they get older! My Tiggers been spayed already and Felix is going to be neutered as soon as he's old enough! There's no way on this earth I would ever own an intact Male cat after the way Sam has turned out! But I think personally if they all have their own space where they can chill they should he fine!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think so long as they're fixed (cats protection league gives a list of vets that will neuter at 8 weeks instead of the old way of waiting till 6 months) then any problems that arise I'll find a way to get around them

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww so cute! Watch out now they're up walking the fun really begins, my 4 are 7 weeks today and something of a handful lol, they do make up for it by being super cute though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol the main thing I'm not looking forward to is litter training what's the best way to help and how long does it take??

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been told that the mothers teach them pretty much! They also are supposed to introduce them to solid food. I'm not too fussed about it to be hobest. Having said that I've only got the one lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol one will be aLot better to handle lol well just have to see how it goes

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The week between Daisy no longer taking care of their waste and them getting the hang of using a litter box reliably was hell!! I had them in my bedroom which luckily has vinyl flooring not carpet and bit by bit I had to move everything from off the floor as they'd hide behind things to go, in the end after 4 days of relentless accidents and only a handful of wees and poos in the litter trays I decided to confine them to my on suite wetroom, that was the best decision and my advice would be have them in as small a space as possible and somewhere that is easy to clean. To start with they were only allowed out for short periods, my whole floor was covered in those disposable puppy training pads and they were watched with eagle eyes for the slightest sign they were about to go but it only took a week of being confined for them to stop having accidents so they were allowed out for longer and longer periods.
Now I'm relieved to say they have free access to both my bedroom and wetroom (where I still have 2 litter trays with just one in my bedroom for now) and we've had no accidents. The time will be when they start eating food, it's like Daisy decided she wasn't dealing with the waste after that lol so be prepared in advance and hopefully it won't be as stressful as it was for me, if I decide to go ahead and do the fostering at least I'll know what to do now.

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The week between Daisy no longer taking care of their waste and them getting the hang of using a litter box reliably was hell!! I had them in my bedroom which luckily has vinyl flooring not carpet and bit by bit I had to move everything from off the floor as they'd hide behind things to go, in the end after 4 days of relentless accidents and only a handful of wees and poos in the litter trays I decided to confine them to my on suite wetroom, that was the best decision and my advice would be have them in as small a space as possible and somewhere that is easy to clean. To start with they were only allowed out for short periods, my whole floor was covered in those disposable puppy training pads and they were watched with eagle eyes for the slightest sign they were about to go but it only took a week of being confined for them to stop having accidents so they were allowed out for longer and longer periods.
Now I'm relieved to say they have free access to both my bedroom and wetroom (where I still have 2 litter trays with just one in my bedroom for now) and we've had no accidents. The time will be when they start eating food, it's like Daisy decided she wasn't dealing with the waste after that lol so be prepared in advance and hopefully it won't be as stressful as it was for me, if I decide to go ahead and do the fostering at least I'll know what to do now.
Does she play with them alot?

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not much no, every now and then she will join in a game of chase but mostly I think she is worn out by them lol, they have so much energy it's unbelievable, it may be different for Felix as he's an only child but just make sure you have some kind of soft toy thing for wrestling games, a laser toy and one of those fishing rod type things where something fluffy hangs from a stick and I'm sure you will do a great job as his playmate, pus he will likely initiate play with his mum more as there's only her to play with where as mine go straight for each other as first choice

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you got a pic of them now? Or a video. I'm not sure if Felix's development is behind! What is their average weight? He's the same age as yours, 3 weeks and 5 days.

This is Felix at 3 weeks 1 day

I'll upload a better more recent pic later!