snow

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi can somebody help me please I got a cat 7 weeks ago since getting her we have found out she's deaf and pregnant  so I don't know when she due for sure But I have seen the kittens her her belly moving around a lot yesterday and today. My question is for the last two days when she walking around she keeps kicking her back legs out what could this be? Thanx

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awww, poor girl :rbheart:

Is her belly quite big ? it sounds like she might be uncomfortable ( big belly and kittens moving ) it probably just her way of making herself feel more comfortable :D

You do realise that there is a high chance of most of her kittens being deaf too. Deafness in white cats is normally hereditary ( it's a dominant gene that's passed on to most of the kittens )

Ps I was guessing she is white from the name snowball but do correct me if I'm wrong :D

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ye the vets told me that I love her to bits already tho doesn't bother me none lol got everything prepared just cainy wait lol

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's not to big don't think she's carrying many the vet said two or three maybe

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I should have welcomed you to the site :wavey:

We have some great articles on this site about cat pregnancy, the birthing process and raising kittens. Also if you have any questions just post them and we will do our best to answer them. Do keep us updated and we would love to see some pictures of your girl ( and of course the kittens when they arrive ) :D

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx for the welcome I will deffo reading as much as I can to be prepared looks like I bought more than I bargained for but more the marryer lol

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh she is gorgeous :rbheart: She looks well settled in your home already :lol3:

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx shes already in charge lol

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi my cat is 7 month old and is around 7 to 8 weeks pregnant and last week she had diarea so I took her to the vets and he give me some medication to put in her food that seem to clear it up a week later she has it again. Is their somthin I can do to help coz I'm abit worried bout her and the kittens. The vets said not to worry because she seems fine and eating and drinking normally but I caint help worrying about her thanx

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
She's precious!

Don't forget to do a search in our article database for pregnant cat and kitten care-- many useful advice there too!

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi can anybody help me please I'm not sure how many weeks my cat is pregnant as the people next door to me left her when they moved so we have taken her in that was 54 days ago an she hasn't been out since at all. Yesterday I notised that her vagina was almost black and on the fur around it to what could this be please reply I'm worried about her thanx

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vagina itself has turned black or it is black discharge that is caked on the vagina and surrounding fur? Is it literally black or is it just a very dark red? Can you post  a picture? I know it might be graphic but I am having a hard time envisioning this.

Regardless, I would take her to the vet.

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi have started a new tread because nobody is getting back to me, I have had me cat for 56 days never let her out but found out she is pregnant so I don't when she is due. Two days ago I notised that her vagina looks like its got a dark black substance on It and her belly looks smaller than it has done in the last few days what could this be thanx

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is, its some sort of discharge.  Either containing much blood from veins (may be almost blackish), or  may she  had a blackish diarrhea?

If it hasnt come more since, it is hopefully not so bad.  But as you DO have access to a vet and are his paying patient,  I would phone the vet and ask.Or even go with the cat to the vet in person.

Good luck!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The black substance is prob vein blood - it can look blackish, esp when it has dried out.  You can take some and wet it down. If it turns red - it was blood.

Smaller tummy may be the kittens have gone into the birthing position, they dont move much either down there.

OR she had delivered them, probably premature...

I would really recommend a visit to your vet, its the only sure way to see what happened, and to control if there isnt no damages.

snowball77171

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanx every1 been to the vet she and the kittens are fine he thinks she's just gitting ready to have them