Sickly Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update time:D

The kittens are doing well. The 4 in the kitten home have one more week of metrazol and then it should be done. They are playful and dying to get out and stretch their legs.
Mitch has his own medication and has been doing well also, he's still skinny. IMG_20180816_071345.jpg IMG_20180814_101123.jpg IMG_20180814_101230.jpg 15343988230047043042399556462360.jpg The dots on the floor is the dry food they threw off. Rambunctious bunch:biggrin:

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me and my vet have been looking at Mitch again and our suspicions are falling on a problem with his pancreas.
Now there are a lot of people with loads of experience here.
Are we thinking in the right direction?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:headscratch: Wow....I am just catching up with your thread. What a roller coaster ride! My vet has me use neosporin ointment or pure vaseline for sore rearends. The neosporin has antibiotic in it. I like that you used pancake syrup - clever idea! some people use honey. The syrup is an easily assimilated glucose to keep the blood sugar up; the raw egg yolk adds protein and fat; the plain whole milk yogurt adds good probiotics but needs to be whole milk due to felines' lactose intolerance (goat milk is okay for lactose intolerance, including in humans); the gelatin adds protein and also is supposed to help with keeping the water in the intestines balanced.
the pics are adorable!
Prayers and vibes that Mitch grows healthy :vibes::vibes:

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for explaining:thanks: the glop, although we now call it kittenpudding:D.
Tomorrow I'm calling my vet to confer on the first spays. I wanna go with the older girls first, let the boys develop a bit, Mitch definitely needs the growth and I will see what direction we need to help him best we can.

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:celebrate: Can I have a few trumpets please?
The snaptest was negative for giardia!!!!!!
I have four kittens tearing down my living room after being cooped up for so long:woohoo:
Tomorrow I have an appointment for Mitch to have a good look at him and I will discuss the first four spays.
Please help me in crossing fingers nothing bad will will come this way. My funding and nerves couldn't take a lot more hahaha:p

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy exhausted kittens from running around
Tauriel
IMG_20180821_214752.jpg
Arwen
IMG_20180820_215639.jpg
Gandalf
IMG_20180821_214832.jpg

Mitch is totally fine btw. His temp and weight is good, his tummy is not hurting
She said to build down on the meds he's on now and let him do it on his own. She said it looks like he had a bad start and is crawling out of the pit. Fingers crossed for that blue eyed boy

Last edited:

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens have been doing great, except Merlin and Amaya, the last ones to arrive have developed limping. I took them to the vet on Monday and they said to treat with painkillers, they examined everything but they didn't seem to react.
However, when they were walking around they showed a profound limp in the hind quarters, they're hips also seem underdeveloped.
So I have had them on painmeds and see how it went.
This evening Merlin and Amaya joined our room-kitchen group(they do this quite often, they want to stay with me, so 2 times a day they are in the main, playing with the others) and I noticed Merlin's limp is getting worse, it's spreading to his front legs. I gave their dose of painmed and about an hour and some rest later he seems a bit okay.
I would like to know if anyone has come across this? Is it the calicivirus or perhaps something else?

catlady76paws

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to the vet and Merlin is running a fever. I took home some antibiotics and have to continue with pain killers. It's pretty heartbreaking when you see the others running around and he's just lying in his corner of the couching watching them all run by.
I hope he gets better from whatever is ailing him, poor little guy