Secret Santa Thread...

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is killlllllllllllling me!!! I wish I could tell you, my SS! My package will get to you right at the day before Christmas Eve or so, I am afraid...and I am sad cause I will have to see you be sad for another whole week!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

this is killlllllllllllling me!!! I wish I could tell you, my SS! My package will get to you right at the day before Christmas Eve or so, I am afraid...and I am sad cause I will have to see you be sad for another whole week!
I am sure you SS will love their gift when it arrives!
*nudge, nudge*

It will be even more exciting, as it is so close to Christmas! They won't know whether to open it then or on Christmas day!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i hope they love the gift! There are lots of goodies in there!!!
I can't wait til she gets it!!! YAY!!!

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to my S.S. i got my gift yesterday and i love it!! i got 3 pairs of socks: xmas, butterflys and kitties cute little note cards with cats of course! playing cards, braclets, 2 calenders, a planner, cat book, butterfly window clings, balls for my kittes, and a cute little fork/spoon with a kitty on top! oh and how could i forget the awsome cat ornaments that i already put on my tree!!! thank you sooooooooooooo much!!!! i still dont know who it is just someone from NY anyone wanna help me out!!!

one calander and the planner are not in the pic because i already have the one calender hanging and forgot to take the pic!! and the planner was in my bag
sorry!!! it least you know i love it!!!

p.s. for my gift i am waiting for my s.s. address it got lost when the forums were down....sorry its taking so long, but dont worry good things come to those who wait!!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Originally Posted by Hobbester

How much did you guys paid for shipping overseas, if you don't mind me asking. i just mailed mine out this morning and it cost me more than $30 USD to ship by airmail. i didn't wanna lug the package all the way to NY and back so i just went ahead and mailed it. Oh well....hope my SS will like it.
I know shipping charges depend on the size and weight. THAT must have been a large package!
Actually, not necessarily. The parcel I sent was about the size of a phone book -- maybe a snitch larger -- and a lot lighter, and it cost about that. I was pretty
when I heard that, but I knew I was past the safe time for sending by surface, so I bit the bullet, as we all have. Seems that as soon as the parcel has to cross water, the price skyrockets. What the heck!! It's Christmas!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I didn't pay anything near that postage because my package just went one state over to Chris in Indiana, but when I mail packages to Susan in the UK, it usually costs me anywhere between $25-$35 ......hey, she's worth it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine was supposed to take only ten days, so it definitely should have gotten there. I'm getting a bit upset becuase I don't want this person to think they were forgotten or anything and I know they are very anxious.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

<3bacin-system Glad you liked it! I still do not know who my SS is Anybody care to help me out? It is someone from Highbanks CA.
sorry cant help - I am not sure who lives in CA

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grissom

Mine was supposed to take only ten days, so it definitely should have gotten there. I'm getting a bit upset becuase I don't want this person to think they were forgotten or anything and I know they are very anxious.
I guess its just this time of year - everything takes longer than normal

you have me dont you? dont worry I forgive you that its taking so long - I know its not your fault

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by <3baci-n-system

i wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to my S.S. i got my gift yesterday and i love it!! i got 3 pairs of socks: xmas, butterflys and kitties cute little note cards with cats of course! playing cards, braclets, 2 calenders, a planner, cat book, butterfly window clings, balls for my kittes, and a cute little fork/spoon with a kitty on top! oh and how could i forget the awsome cat ornaments that i already put on my tree!!! thank you !
These are so great!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by snsorap5

No I dont think so! I havent seen her posting on the site since we went down though!
do you want me to check? do you know that they recieved your gift?

I am still waiting too

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Here's my unofficial list of those who received their SS packages (hope I didn't miss anyone)

katson 7, pjk5900, kateang, rosiemac, cativa96, wellingtoncats, mamam, lenafrannie, ali012281, emma's friend, caprice, pinkdaisy226, snowleop, sweets, rapunzel47, crazy-cat-lover, rita, sherral46, pollyanna, jazzy, cyclesarah, sashacat421, berylayn chixyb
Her name is on this list so she received it!

She just hasnt posted since the site came back up.

I'm been real bad
Everyday I call home to my sons and check to see if I received a package. I cant even wait til I get home! Bad
My boys are like, Mom how come you get a secret santa and where is it coming from? I told them I was special!!!

I had a blast buying for someone I didnt know on a personal level and just buying all kinds of little gifts. When its a cat lover like me its even better.
Its what made me choose a soldier
to send a box of goodies to over in Iraq. Even my youngest son Jordan who is 11, really got into it. He helped pick out all kinds of things like playingcards, blankets, beef jerky. Jordan decided that he needed candy and a football and then he found a whoopie cushion well that just had to go to Iraq as well.
Jordan wrote him a letter letting him know that the football and whoopie cushion were from him. This guy is in the Marines and is 20yrs. Thats only four years older then my oldest son. My husband said it will be used because these guys need a little fun and down time.
Oh Well I was just rambling about buying gifts, I love that more than receiving gifts.
Which drives my husband crazy.
money

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How very wonderful of you to send a Christmas package to one of our great country's soldiers who is unable to be with his family this holiday season!
I agree with you, I have so much fun giving gifts, it's even much better than receiving one myself I know I'm so much more excited about my friends and family receiving their gifts than they could possibly be!

mamam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waah!
I feel so bad for my SS, cause ____ hasn't got my gift yet.

I had planned to send _____ a lot of different things, done a lot of window shopping, made a list and all that, but when I asked about shipping rates, I was like this --
Shipping is really really expensive! I'm sorry, I really couldn't afford it right now...

So I ditched plan A and went on to plan B. I'm ordering something online. I hope you won't be disappointed with what I got you, it isn't the ____ and _____and _____ that I planned, but I picked it 'specially for you. Took a lot of time looking through online catalogs. I'm even a teensy bit jealous because as a fellow cat lover, I liked what I got for you! Someday I might get it for myself, too!

It arrives on the twenty-fourth!

Please, please, I hope you will like it, and thanks for your patience.