AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

It's not obligatory to be devious -- but it's fun

Originally Posted by laureen227

i've already started!
Me too and again this year I have been saying " One for SS, one for ME"!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bravely signed up. So...what kind of stuff did people get last year, and what was the most popular?

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I bravely signed up. So...what kind of stuff did people get last year, and what was the most popular?
Good question, since this is m first ever Secret Santa experience.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

We seem to have a lot of chocoholics here (who me?
) so chocolate items are popular. So is catnip and kitty toys.

But you never know what you will get. One year someone got some homemade items they weren't even sure they could use, but soon found them very handy.

And maybe you'll recieve a gnome bearing nuts!
(Hi, Susie!
)

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its worth it to read through last year's thread posted above. Its super long, but many of us post pics of our gifts and it helps a lot to know what sorts of things to send

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess that would be better than nuts bearing gnomes!

I've just read through that whole thread. I wonder if Renovia ever got her original package?

Some of those packages look like the stocking I got for Dottie a couple of years ago. I went all over in Wal-Mart, just picking out interesting stuff. Yeah, chocolate. A snake-bite kit. A little flashlight. Some games. Sudoku books. More chocolate. And so on.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there were a couple that never arrived, but some did receive gifts from another secret santa that was generous enough to send to a 2nd person

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper

It's Secret Santa time again!!
Please read the following before sending your email.

In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Have 300 or more posts. If you're not quite to 300, please note this part of our rules:

10. a) We will not allow spamming. Threads about nothing or for the sole purpose of bumping up post counts are not allowed and will be removed without notice. This includes duplicate posts. So no posting just to get your post count up in order to be eligible to sign up this year.
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2008 or earlier).
5. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3 and #4.

*Please note: Except for extraordinary circumstances, if gifts are not received by your recipient in a timely manner, or at all, you will not be eligible to participate in the future.

You have until September 12th to sign up. No further registrations will be allowed after that date.

To sign up, please send an email to [email protected].

In your email please include the following:

~TCS Username
~Real Name
~Mailing Address
~Are you willing to ship overseas/to another country?
~Hints for your Secret Santa, including but not limited to: t-shirt size, favorite colour, food/fragrance likes/dislikes, anything you collect (within the price range), your kitty's likes/dislikes, and any other hints you think would be helpful.

We will send you confirmation (from the above email address) that we received your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days, please resend your information.

Each person will receive one member as their Secret Santa recipient. You will receive an email with your recipient's information within a few days after sign ups have ended.

The upper price limit is $15-20USD, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING. As of August 4, 2008, this converts to: 9.62-12.83 EUR, 7.64-10.19 GBP, 15.55-20.73 CAD, 16.12-21.49 AUD. Check here for additional currency conversions. Please note: this amount isn't set in stone; it's just mentioned here as a guideline. It's normal for people to spend more, but no one is obligated to.

A note about shipping: You should check your shipping options for the destination as soon as you have your SS name, so that you can make the best decision about when and how to ship -- for instance, the "slow boat" option for overseas shipping is no longer offered by USPS, so you'll have more time to shop, but it will cost more to ship overseas. There may be other changes, too, so be sure to check well in advance.

Let the fun begin!!

What is a "subscribing member"?
I am interested.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Judi

What is a "subscribing member"?
I am interested.
you can subscribe [i.e. pay] for membership for periods of 3, 6 or 12 months & not have to meet the posting/membership requirements.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a note:

If you have signed up and are now regretting that you did or feel you will be unable to honor your committment, please let us know now. You can do so by either emailing to the address in the first post or by sending a private message to myself, Chester&Piper or clixpix.

Thank You.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very much so still interested and CAN'T WAIT to get my persons name!!! I have just come up with the most wonderful idea, but I need to know who I have... so.... I'll try to wait patiently....

Status
Not open for further replies.