Secret Santa Sign Up!! - Sign ups are closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I signed up! Took me a while to decide but how fun! Its my first time too, how exciting! Are we supposed to wait to mail these until the holidays...I dont know if I can wait that long

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting so excited!
It's my first time, too, and I can't wait!
I've already made out a list of possible things to buy!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I signed up! Took me a while to decide but how fun! Its my first time too, how exciting! Are we supposed to wait to mail these until the holidays...I dont know if I can wait that long
It IS a lot of fun

Some mail early, some mail at the last minute and some are very sneaky
Some try to disguise who they are and send the package from another place, etc.

If you are mailing overseas though, sometimes it can take a long time. Seems it is the worst to Australia. If I get someone there, I would mail it next week

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only having one week left for sing ups means only two weeks left till I find out who I've got!!!

For all the first timers... You are going to have so much fun getting to know your person and "stalking" their posts to find that perfect gift for them. (The snooping santas help wonderfully there too!) And then in the end finding out that your person did the same for you! And then even after that...... TRYING to unlock the clues to find out who even had you.....!!
It's enough to drive you crazy! But good crazy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Only having one week left for sing ups means only two weeks left till I find out who I've got!!!

For all the first timers... You are going to have so much fun getting to know your person and "stalking" their posts to find that perfect gift for them. (The snooping santas help wonderfully there too!) And then in the end finding out that your person did the same for you! And then even after that...... TRYING to unlock the clues to find out who even had you.....!!
It's enough to drive you crazy! But good crazy!
Yep
It's a great way to make lasting friendships - I feel close to the ones I've given to and received from!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So when we send the gifts do we not include who we are? I havent been a Secret Santa since like third grade, apparently I dont really remember how, lol. Any other tips/rules us first timers should know?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So when we send the gifts do we not include who we are? I havent been a Secret Santa since like third grade, apparently I dont really remember how, lol. Any other tips/rules us first timers should know?
We like to keep them guessing - but eventually (except for maybe one time) everyone eventually guesses who their SS it. For example, many of us will change our "location" in our profile so when the gift gets there it makes it more difficult to figure out. One of my SS's sent a very clever coded message - another put the names of her kitties, but also added a foster so that threw me off!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

lol, oh no, nobody told me I had to think up clever clues...good thing I have three months
one year i included pix of my cats - but no other clues!
i think last year i couldn't come up w/anything

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's not obligatory to be devious -- but it's fun

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited for this year! I can't wait to see who I get so I can start shopping soon!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Yep
It's a great way to make lasting friendships - I feel close to the ones I've given to and received from!
As do I!

Originally Posted by kluchetta

We like to keep them guessing - but eventually (except for maybe one time) everyone eventually guesses who their SS it. For example, many of us will change our "location" in our profile so when the gift gets there it makes it more difficult to figure out. One of my SS's sent a very clever coded message - another put the names of her kitties, but also added a foster so that threw me off!

lol, oh no, nobody told me I had to think up clever clues...good thing I have three months
You don't have to give clues and if you are sending overseas you are a little less able to do that. But there is an unwritten rule that we don't read the customs lables when SS time is around!

Status
Not open for further replies.