Secret Santa Hints Thread 2011!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
giving this a bumperoo! I've also set up a stickied thread so if this does fall off the front page, which it is bound to do, you can easily find it

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOOOO I got snooped! That makes me so excited. (I usually wait to be asked to post, for devious reasons known only to myself.) Muahahahaha

That said, here goes:

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Oh, pretty much anything…comfort food
Favorite types of chocolate? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really like chocolate very much. I like mint chocolate, and chocolate with nuts or toffee. Dark is best…
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I like all three!
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I do!
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I more go for salty or salty/sweet combined. Trying to lose weight so snackingâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s not the best idea for me. Maybe rice cakes? LOL
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? From TCS? OF COURSE!!!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I like sugar cookies with frosting the most.

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Not really. Not super chocolately or super sweet, though.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I do!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Love them, haha, but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m trying to lose weight!

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Clean scents, like Sea Island Cotton; Spicy like Japanese Cherry Blossom; vanilla, lavendar
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Usually pinks or reds. Only paint my toenails.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower…donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use the tub much
What scents do you like best? (see above)
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? barrettes and headbands
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Probably BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Teal, pink
Any colors that you don't like? Um…black? (jk, I have a lot of black clothes ‘cause Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m a musician)
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I like both vibrant colors and pastels. Not so much the Earth tones.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything special to their location or a key chain…something like that.

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Haha! Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m 48, and will be 49 by Christmas!
Do you like homemade gifts? LOVE THEM!!!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Books, fuzzy blankets, cuppa tea, kitties (lol)
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Oh no, I LOVE cat stuff!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Um…canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think of a thing!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I try and wait usually, but sometimes I can be bribed!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Oh yes, that stuff is fun!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen
- blues
Living area – blues/brown
Bathrooms – one green, one blue
bedrooms - burgandy
what is your decorating style? Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have one LOL
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? It doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t matter at all. I have no decorating talent whatsoever.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Early Crazy Cat Lady…
Do you burn candles? Yes, and I have a candle warmer.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I do, and either are fine. I collect nativity scenes.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sure!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No, just, whatever!
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Oh yes. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what color any of them are, they all get covered with cat hair! LOL

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Cross stitch, reading,
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Sudoku (not too easy…medium or harder), and wordsearches
Do you collect anything? Eeyores, and nativity scenes
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies:
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a lot of time to watch movies
Music: Anything…I am a musician, I appreciate ALL music
Books: I read anything thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s printed. Even cereal boxes!

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No, I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t figure them out!
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Not at ALL!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I get 3 or 4 that I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t even have time to read NOW lol.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I do cross stitch and have a couple needlepoint projects I want to possibly look into.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears?
Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m allergic to nickel.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I like bracelets, earrings, necklaces.

What size shirt do you wear? XL for now

Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Probably t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Everything is fine. Probably no horizontal stripes, LOL, just make me look even wider.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Oh I LOVE socks!
What is your shoe/sock size? Shoe US 8…â€just normal†sock size…

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
We have 4 cats and 2 dogs. Dogs are 12 and 4 years old, they like bones they can chew and things to chase. Of course, they are dogs, so they eat anything, including cat poop lol.

Cats are Clyde, Elsa, Nadette and Smudge in age order. The boys really really like things they can bat around the floor. If you have any old prescription bottles, they love to hide THOSE under the stove! I would say the girls donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t play as much. But they all like treats. I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t found much they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t like to eat, as far as treats go.

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? The dogs seem to be itchy a lot…think itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s something in the yard though.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope, they like most everything.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t currently. Smudge cant because it makes his fur mat. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just to lazy to buy collars, thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s why they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have them.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Zoom groom and furminator…already have these, though.

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Three out of four of the cats like catnip. Havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t tried valerian or honeysuckle.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally I am able to answer the questions!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Eeee.... so many! I love to eat good food!
Favorite types of chocolate? I love chocolate. I like dark chocolate. I also like chocolate with any kind of crunch or nuts. I don't like sweet filling like caramel fillings and such.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I love tea. I both drink black tea and other kinds. For black tea, I don't like bitter teas, like English Breakfast or Melroses (wich I agree with the ones that say that Melroses is not a tea, certainly a drink of some sort, but not tea!
) but love any kind of Earl Grey and such mild aromatic black teas. I like "natural" teas, like teas with natural ingredients, that is good for the health (like Yogi teas does, I don´t know if you know that kind). I love the smell of coffee! I am "learning" to drink coffee, I love gourmet coffee as "Latte" with chocolate syrop! I like hot chocolate with whipped cream, but not too often.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Oh, I quess I allready anwered that one!

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both....maybe more salty though.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? I have never thought of that....yes, I guess I would.

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? No.....I like cookies! Allthough I might say chocolate chip....and macademia nut cookies....and lemony cookies.....and ginger cookies.... well, I´ll just stick to the "I like cookies"!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? I don't like anchovies....but they are rarely used in cookies....I hope!
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I love to bake and cook!

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I love cookbooks! Any kind, cake, desserts, cookies, any kind of food....

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I like lavender.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes, I love to paint my nails. Any shade of pink, red, pearl, white...I guess the more usual colors, allthough I have also had green and blue colors.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? I love bath products, allthough currently I only have a shower, but sometimes take a bath at my parents house.
What scents do you like best? Currently I use Burberry Brit Red as my perfume, I also have used Angel, Angel Innocent, Burberry Brit and many other. For bath and shower products, I really like lavender and other relaxing and revitalizing scents.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I have very long hair and love all hair products!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Oh, I guess I anwered this above.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? PINK and natural colors, like brown (darker shades of brown), green and "warmer" kinds of red and blue (deep colors)
Any colors that you don't like? Not very keen on yellow, orange, grey and black.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Muted/earth tones.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? I love ethnic things or things from peoples home area. (The Geographer and Anthopologist in me are huge interests!)
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? I am not very keen on scented candles, unless they are very mild, usually I find them overwhelming. Some scents I seem to be allergic to, that is some perfume scents, I can't really catogorize them, but I get a "sting" in the nose instead of smelling the actual scent.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Close to 40
Do you like homemade gifts? YES I love homemade gifts!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? An apartment.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? I love to stay at the families summer house or go camping and hiking and enjoy the purity and calmness of nature. I love to knit and crochet, I do scrapbooking and cardmaking.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Not, not at all....I mean I don't prefer not to get cat-themed gifts....I mean I like cats and cat themed gifts...
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I think I will wait untill Christmas, unless there is a note that sais open right away....or maybe I could not wait, note or not. It´s easy for me to say now that I´ll wait, but once the gift is here, there is now guarantee what I will do!

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? YES, I LOVE that kind of gifts/things!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen Yellow
Living area Creamy..(the color is called "Antiq white)
Bathrooms Dark ocean blue tiles on floor, white tiles on walls with decorative dark ocean blue bands, dark ocean blue cieling
bedrooms Green
what is your decorating style? Warm, romantic, oldish, wooden (darkish wood, but not totally dark...tan).
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Both I quess, solid colors if they are my favorite colors, but also prints, romantic kind.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No.
Do you burn candles? Yes, but not as much as I used to after Feykirófa put her tail on fire, and also now I have a two year old (need I say more!
). But I love candles that are covered, or hanging from the wall or window. I also like other candles, but use them less frequently, or when I can totally monitor them.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? It doesn´t matter.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Mostly golden and deep red (I also have some pearly white christmas balls for the tree, that are beautyful, but they are loosing their count.)
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes, love them....see my favorite colors above (or multy colors or prints)

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I love to spent time with my boys, travel, hike, knit, crochet, scrap booking, card making, cooking, baking, playing the piano.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I like puzzles.
Do you collect anything? Yes, I am a hopeless collector of so many things!
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies: Romantic comedies, Drama, Love stories.
Music: I think I can say anything....except, hip hop, rave, heavy metal, all kinds of "raw" music. I love both popular music and classical music. To name a few favorites performer though the years: U2, Alanis Morisette, The Cranberries, Tori Amos and many many others.
Books: I love to read "girly" books. I have all the Sophie Kinsella books and love them. I also like drama books.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? IPod (old and not working properly, but someday I will get me a new one!)
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No, that is fine!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Craft (including knit and crochet) magazines, parenting magazines, cat magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Yes....see answers in many places above!

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes. Nikkel (Sp.?)
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I love jewelry. Not to big and not too small.
What size shirt do you wear? XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts and "nicer" shortsleeved shirts. (t-shirts for home and travelling and exersizing and running/walking, nicer short sleeved to go with my skirts, I always wear skirts, unless I am working out/running/walking/biking and sometimes having a cozy time at home)
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids I think, but with any kind of a decoration makes it more nice.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I love speciality socks!

What is your shoe/sock size? Hmmm.... 38-39 European size, I don´t know what would be in American size.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 2 cats, 2 and 12 years old (well soon 3 and 13). They both love cat treats. Doppa (the 2 year old) has a little soft toy that she loves, she carries it around, licks it and diciplines it.
She loves catnipped toys and things that rattle and turns. She also loves drinking straws and twigs from my laundry basket and strings and feathers. Feykirófa is getting old and tired and doesn't play often, but sometimes she has a go with catnipped toys. She also loves the little crunchy thin bags that you put fruits and vegetable in at the shop. She will run after those bags, find them (we love to test her and throw them behing or on top of things, even out the window, and she always finds them!), when they have been tied a few times into one big knot and return them like a dog and demand that they are thrown again.

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? They both wear reflective collars.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I recently bought Furminator and love it, but also have some different older ones.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? I have only tried catnip, they love that

Ps. After spending allmost 2 hours answering the questions (and eating a melon and some chocolate and drinking tea) I pushed submit to find out I wasn't logged in anymore and I thought I would have to start all over again, but managed to go back and copy all the answers, luckily, because when I logged in again, I could not access it anymore!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I need to update my hints list since I have a new member of the fur family.

This big guy hung around outside for several weeks introducing himself through the screen door, and then just invited himself in.  Of course, he didn't realize he was also inviting himself to a vet visit for all kinds of shots and stuff.

Hercules is a big red mackerel tabby, probably about 5 years old.  By big I mean 15.5 pounds of solid muscle.  He's more than twice the size of my little Goldy, who is also a red mackerel tabby.  He's the biggest luvbug you'll ever meet.  I don't know about treats, but he loves to eat.  He goes crazy over the larger sized stuffed mice toys.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting to look like my foster cat Sassy may still be with me for Christmas too :rolleyes:
Every time it gets close to the completion date on her house, the contractor extends it for several more weeks. We're now at mid-December, so who knows. lol