Secret Santa Hints Thread 2011!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Hey, Don't say I didn't warn you! And this is the SS hints thread not the "comment on peoples preferances" hints thread.....

And why were you reading my hints that closley hum......
do you take that much time to read everyone's hints? Thats a LOT of reading... even for a reader, how do you keep all our preferances straight
I was thinking the very same thing.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? German, Korean, and Pizza
Favorite types of chocolate? Any European chocolate (Lindt, Toblerone, Rittersport, Dove, Ferrero, etc) Dark chocolate with nuts...no raisins please!Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? All three. I like loose leaf green tea and roobios. I have plenty of hot chocolate for now, but I do have a Tassimo coffee machine so I have started to buy the Cappucino/Latte discs by Gevalia. Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both...I loved Baked Lay's Barbacue, Ranch Doritoes. Sweet...I love Haribo Gummi Bears, or Mamba Gummis.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? no
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? If I felt like I knew them well enough. What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Lebkuchen
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? No Raisins
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I have many cookbooks already...but I can't think of any that I would like.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Sweet Pea, pineapple, cucumber
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Sometimes
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Fruity smells...no lemon scent
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? No, hair is too short What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Organza

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue and Black
Any colors that you don't like? Not really
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? earth tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something unique to that country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 30
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? I love the soft fleece blankets from wal-mart! They are normally only $7, but they are so soft and come in different themes and colors. Food always makes me happy.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I love cat-themed stuff!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nothing religious please.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Most likely Christmas since that will be my only gift.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Sure! Can always use them.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Have all different colors in the house
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style? Just very cozy.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Not really.
Do you burn candles? Yes, but under watch. Can't trust Keira.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? It doesn't matter, but this year I am just going with all different colors! I'm going to be like a little kid this year!

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? All colors this year. Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes! Blue, brown, christmas themed, etc

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I like to play tennis, bird watch, photography, travel, etc.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? WordsearchesDo you collect anything? Hummingbird figures
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies: Made of Honor (love it!) I watch it often.
Music: One Republic, Lady Antebellum, Chicago, and tons of othersBooks: Robin Cook or Fantasy books
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? MP3 Player, although my clip broke so I need to get a new one.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No problemWhat kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Don't read a lot of magazines
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Not much into crafts

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Can't wear fashion jewelry
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Different kinds
What size shirt do you wear? It varies...I have to try everything on now. Nothing is the size it is suppose to be any longer.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? No clothes please.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Always! I love those soft, warm socks you can wear over your normal socks.
What is your shoe/sock size? 7-7 1/2

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 4 cats....one adopted, 2 persians, and one bengal....they love Temptation treats and keira will play with anything, even if it isn't a toy
That girl is trouble!

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Not really
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? No
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Furminator, but can't locate it at the moment
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?
Catnip, never had the other two before.

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Italian and Mexican, bring on the spice!
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk, some dark and white occasionally. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m pretty easy going!
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Love them all!
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes, except Hazelnut.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Popchips and caramel corn.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Pineapple-itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s so sad, I love the stuff but it turns me itchy and purple(not cool)
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Of course
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I love gingerbread cookies and I am obsessed with gingerbread men. They are so cute!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Not a fan of raisins and Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m allergic to pineapple.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I love baking and cooking is something I find relaxing
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I generally do not use cookbooks, but I love interesting finds.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I love to try new scents.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I love earth tones and I use OPI polish exclusively
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower products
What scents do you like best? I love warm scents, vanilla, sugars. I also enjoy citrus scents.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? nope, my hair is really short
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Pretty much anything Victoria Secret carries

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? green
Any colors that you don't like? I do not care for gold
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I love vibrant colors as well as the earth tones
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Just something unique to their country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Not really
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds. I will be 41 in December!
Do you like homemade gifts? Of course
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Fleece anything
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? No, love my catkids and anything cat themed is great
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think of anything
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Right away-no waiting for this lady!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Office supplies are a passion. Whats not to love about pens and notepads?

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? They go from white to yellow!
Kitchen pale green
Living area sand
Bathrooms yellow
bedrooms blue
what is your decorating style? Modern
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid
Do any of your rooms have special themes? no
Do you burn candles? Every day of my life!!!!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I am not religious at all. I like cute and whimsical decorations
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes, they create memories and it makes me smile from year to year to take those gifts out and hang them on a tree.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No, it is very eclectic
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? YES YES I am not picky

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! I read all the time. Just preordered the new Kindle Fire to upgrade my existing Kindle. I also write poetry and short fiction.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Love crosswords and word searches
Do you collect anything? Rat themed items
Movies: horror
Music: I am into everything
Books: I read many kinds of books. If it looks good, I will read it

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? IPod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope, books are wonderful!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I hate the clutter they cause!
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Not really

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I am allergic to nickel, but love earrings of any other kind of metal
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I wear white gold and silver and my collection is vast and varied. I like colored stones and odd big funky jewelry!
What size shirt do you wear? 2X (tyhanks to my ummmmm,well you know LOL)
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Nothing floral
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? YES, I have over 300 pairs of socks. I love all kinds!
What is your shoe/sock size? 10 US

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! We have 3 cats, 2 male (N) Sphynx and a lovely moggie female (S). Zee, Moe and Gnocchi. They LOVE any kind of toy and treat. They really like the foil type toys. I also have a pitmix, her name is Tulip. She is a great dog that seriously loves squeaky toys. I also have 2 ratboys, Hoggle and Ludo. They are fans of any treat and plastic cat toy balls. They roll them around the cage.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? None that we are aware of.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) I have yet to find anything to be avoided with these cats
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? No
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I use a furminator on Gnocchi and a curry type brush on Tulip, Naked cats means no brushing LOL
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip addicts!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'm later than usual posting to this - it's been a busy week.

What are your favorite types of food? I like dried fruits, nuts (most types) Love chocolate covered nuts. I also like flavoured popcorn, but not the cheese kind.
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk Chocolate & dark - No white chocolte please.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I love Tea and Hot chocolate. I don't drink coffee.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I like flavoured teas - fruity or just cool blends. My SS last year got me hooked on David's tea - I adore their dessert blends.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I like both, but will usually opt for sweet over salty
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Sure.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I like pretty much any cookies. I especially love chocolate chip and hazelnuts.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? I'm not a huge fan of banana.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I like them, but already have a ton...if my SS is overseas of from somewhere with really unique cooking, a book would be cool, though.

PERSONAL CARE
***I'm actually allergic to most synthetic fragrances, so while I do like some bath stuff, I can't use anything that's not natural.

Favorite scents for lotions? I don't used them because I'm allergic to most.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes. mostly earth tones or metallics.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Bath - I love handmande soaps.
What scents do you like best? Lavender, Cinnamon, Herbal scents.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Nope
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? N/A

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? dark blue, dark green or dark purple, depending on the day.
Any colors that you don't like? Yellow & pink
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? vibrant colours or earth tones. I'm not really into muted colours.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything unique to their area
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Not for candles, but see above for perfumes.
How old are you? 31
Do you like homemade gifts? yes.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Big fuzzy socks/slippers. A good book or craft and a cup of tea.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Nope - I like cats

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Perfumes or lotions, since I can so rarely use them. Large nick-nacks, I just don't have anywhere to put them, but I like little decorations.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'd like to say I'll wait, but I'll probably open pretty soon after getting it.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen Taupe (but we're changing that)
Living area Gold/Purple/White - sounds weird, I know, but it's an old-fashioned gold. I can send a pic if this makes no sense.
Bathrooms One is Green & white with chrome finishes. The other Blue/grey with white.
bedrooms Blue
what is your decorating style? Classic Contemporary
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colours or geometric patterns.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No
Do you burn candles? Yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes. Mostly secular.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes - I think I personally bought less than 1/3 of my tree ornaments.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Nope.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes - any colours. Blankets are well loved in this house.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Skiing, quilting, crochet, gardening.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Yes!!! All of the above. I love puzzles.
Do you collect anything? Not really. I do have some dragon ornaments, though.
Movies: Sin City, LoTR, Transformers - I don't watch many movies and have weird taste in the ones I do watch.
Music: Metal, Punk, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock - again, I have eclectic tastes.
Books: Dark Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Scientific Thrillers - two of my current favs are Jim Butcher and Anne Bishop.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yes - mp3 player
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Love to read - no problems at all with used books...that's how I get at least half of them.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Quilting magazines, Cat Fancy, Gardening Magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Yes - quilting, crochet, knitting, beadwork, some cross stitch.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Ears are pierced - I can only where gold or surgical stainles, though
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I like pendants and necklaces, either cool stones or metalwork. I don't wear bracelets.
What size shirt do you wear? Large or meduim
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts and sweatshirts - I'm a bit of a weird size and have to try on blouses.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colours. I don't mind a muted pattern or print, though
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Yes - I love socks.
What is your shoe/sock size? US 8

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Just the 3 cats, they love Whiskas temptations,greenies and soft toys or toys that crinkle. They especially love balls (especially ones with bells or rattley bits) and Freya's obsessed with the turbo Scratcher.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No allergies, but Temptations are the only treat we've found that Freya will eat.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No noisy toys please...Wendel's not into them. Things with string are only mildly popular here. They love fuzzy stuff they can bat and carry around.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope...Freya can get out of anything I've tried in under 10 minutes.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? We have a furminator and a regular brush.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip's a huge hit. We haven't tried the other two.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

JUST AN FYI....if you read this book, you will be bawling uncontrollably. And I DO mean UNCONTROLLABLY!!!! Only read it if you will be alone LOL!!!!
OMG! YES!!! I had to read through the second book until 3am to make sure Edward didn't die!

Funny, I have 2 copies of New Moon, but no copies of Breaking Dawn! I only have the first three!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

OMG! YES!!! I had to read through the second book until 3am to make sure Edward didn't die!

Funny, I have 2 copies of New Moon, but no copies of Breaking Dawn! I only have the first three!
While I agree with you on the Twilight series stuff.... Kim was talking about my fave book "They Cage The Animals At Night" Its an autobiography about a guys experiance with foster care and orphanages

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will answer the questions very very soon! I´m having a few busy days now.

Allthough I am not sure my santa will need the answers, according to the 5 page essay I sent with email!
....but I will answer though....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally have some time to complete this!

What are your favorite types of food?
I'm a salty (bad for bp though) chips, though I'm really cutting back. I like pizza. My latest craving is hummus! Trader Joe's has a triple flavored one.

Favorite types of chocolate? Milk & Dark Chocolate - No white please. I like carmel/toffee in them too.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Well I order the coffee and tea for work! I usually drink a dark sumatra or french roast. I only have one cup of coffee a day it better be good.
I drink iced tea(unsweetened) and will have some hot cocoa in the winter.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? No (coffee snob).
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Salty potato chips (though I've need eating low sodium kinds) I like trying different flavors.
I get a lot of sweets at work!
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Sure.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? A good chocolate chip/peanut butter or snickerdoodles. Shortbread is good too!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Raisins/banana's.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Cook yes-bake not so much since I manage a bakery.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I like them, but already have a fair amount...if my SS is overseas or from somewhere with local cooking. Always looking for personal favorite recipes.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Do not need have a ton!
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Not usually.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Bath-bathsalts perhaps?
What scents do you like best? Lavender-herbs-violet.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Bands for pony tails, or hair clips. Am fussy on headbands as they have to fit just right with my glasses.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? floris seringa/coco mademoiselle currently.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? pink/green.
Any colors that you don't like? orange/purple
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Pastels or cream/grey black..
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Anything unique to their area.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? . Like more spicy than sweet.
How old are you? 54
Do you like homemade gifts? yes.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Kitties on my lap. A good book and a good wine (or beer)
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I have plenty of cat themed stuff!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Can't think of anything right now.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Depends on how soon I get it to christmas!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? no

DECORATING
Kitchen Creamsicle (creamy light orange)
Living area Rust & family room is creamy yellowish
Bathrooms One is Blue oh wait two are blue and the other is a pinkish.
bedrooms Blue or tan.
what is your decorating style? Mixture
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors-easier to fit in.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Family room-have a fair amt of sunflower items. Main bathroom water themed-my cat stuff is in my craft room/office.
Do you burn candles? once in a while.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes. Mainly secular.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I have lots.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Have plenty.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! gardening.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really
Do you collect anything? plants
Movies: action or chick flicks depending on mood
Music: classical/jazz or classic rock.
Books: Sci fi (futuristic)/crime novels. just starting reading new swedish authors and of course garden books (timber press)
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? no.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Love to read I buy used all the time.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Gardening or cooking.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? knitting/sewing.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No pierced anything!
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I wear bracelets. I like going to craft shows/art shows looking for unique jewelry. Beaded necklaces too. Not gold usually silver.
What size shirt do you wear?Medium or large depending.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Have a bunch of tshirts and sweatshirts - I don't wear blouses.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Yes. never can have enough socks.
What is your shoe/sock size? US 7.5

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 5 cats,don't do treats. Bender likes catnip! Bakker doesn't play with toys much, Chirpy's toy is a cardboard box. The kittens like crinkly balls or any toys at this time.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No allergies for most-bakker needs grain free
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) I like sturgy toys without feathers or parts that can be easily pulled off.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Bender always wears a collar with a bell when outside.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have some sort of brush-do not use much.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip's a huge hit. Don't know about the others.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? I can be somewhat picky where food is concerned, but I do like chocolate and sweets (and, yes, despite being diabetic, I am allowed to eat these types of food in moderation).
Favorite types of chocolate? If it's chocolate, I like it. But, I do like milk and dark chocolate over white chocolate and I like caramel/nougat, fruit, and nuts in my chocolate.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I like all of the above. But, I love hot cocoa on a cold winter's day.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? For coffee, I like mocha, hazelnut, and french vanilla. And, for teas, I like fruity flavored teas.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I am definitely a sweets kind of person. But, I do like a salty treat once in a while.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? I am allergic to pineapple and some other tropical-type fruits. I also cannot eat pine nuts.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Most certainly.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Also, I like sugar and butter cookies. Yum!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? No pineapple, pine nuts, or other tropical fruits.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I'm not a big baker. Nor do I particularly love cooking. But, it's something I am learning more about and am open to learning more about baking and cooking.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I don't know that I have ever followed a recipe from a cookbook -- though I'm not against trying them.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I like fruity or citrus scents. I also like lavender and vanilla. Most lotions do not irritate my skin, but I do have very sensitive skin and many allergies.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I do paint my nails. I haven't always been up to doing my nails regularly, but I started to do so this summer. And, I really like it. I'm currently into some funky colors -- I like neutral tones, but I also like some colors that are a bit unexpected (though not crazy
).

Do you prefer bath or shower products? I'm very sensitive to bath and shower products and have a lot of allergies so, while I do use them, it would be difficult for someone to buy them for me.
What scents do you like best? Again, I like fruit and citrus scents along with coconut. I also like vanilla and lavender.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes, I am a big hair tie, barrette, head band person. But, I usually need things that will hold my thick hair. It's just about shoulder length and not too long, but I do wear hair bands and ties all the time.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I'm allergic to most so this would not be something that would be best purchased by someone other by myself.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? I like either bright colors or more pastel, spring-like colors. Pink, blue, green, purple, and some orange. I like a lot of color, I'm definitely not bland in that respect. This year, I'm also liking some muted tones. I just like color in general -- no black and white for me!
Any colors that you don't like? I do not like the color yellow and darker colors are not my favorite unless they are jewel tones.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I think I answered this one already. First choice is always bright and vibrant (or jewel tones) followed by pastels. Muted and earth tones are nice, but never what I'm instantly drawn to.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? I think they should be the judge of that.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? I don't like anything that's too strong or clinical smelling. I prefer light scents to strong, over-powering ones. I've been particularly drawn to food-scented candles and scents lately.
How old are you? I'll be 29 on December 29th.
Do you like homemade gifts? Absolutely. I think they are very special and are always unique. It's the thought that counts!
Do you live in a house or an apartment? I live in a house.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Aside from my pets, my comfort things are typically soft blankets or throws. Fluffy socks are also something that I enjoy. If it makes you say "aaahhh," then I like it. I also like to read, color, draw, and write to keep myself serene.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Cat or no-cat related gifts are okay with me. Anything is appreciated -- I'm not picky!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Anything my SS got me would be appreciated and something I would be grateful for.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Dark-side? Check

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I love notebooks, journals, pens, and art supplies. I'm addicted to these types of things.

DECORATING

Kitchen: It's a bright kitchen. It's white, but has a lot of accent color. (My roommate uses this area more than I do.)
Living area: It's very southwestern where colors are concerned. (My roommate uses this area more than I do.)
Bathrooms: They are white with bright accent colors.
Bedrooms: My bedroom and living space is bright colored. I have fabric walls and they are spring-y colors like blue, pink, green, orange, and purple.

What is your decorating style? I like bright colors and comfy, cozy styles.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I'm not so into geometric designs, but stripes and florals are good. Also, I like animal themed patterns and prints -- it doesn't necessarily have to be just cats, either. And, things don't need to match in my house. I like buying what I like rather than trying to match a color scheme.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Not particularly. See above.
Do you burn candles? Yes, I do. I love burning candles, but am also now really enjoying the flameless candle scents since they are safer for the home, but still smell yummy.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? We don't do much decoration-wise. If any. And, while I am religious, we do not have too much in the home that is overtly religious.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Since we don't put up a tree or decorate too much, they wouldn't be used as such, but would still be appreciated if they were given as a gift.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No, we don't. See above -- we do not decorate much throughout the holidays. Too many possible kitty or dog dangers.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? I love blankies. All kinds, all colors!

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Anything pet related is #1. I also love art, journaling, reading, writing, and games. I like things that I can learn from, but I'm also into doing self-soothing activities like painting my nails, doing my makeup, and just giving myself a personal "spa day."
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I like crosswords and puzzle books with a lot of variety. I can do sodoku, but am not very good and word searches are difficult for me since my eyes aren't what they used to be.
Do you collect anything? I'm not really much of a collector. Unless my animals count
!

Favorite movies: I have Netflix and typically get all of my movies through there.
Favorite music: I like all music, but have a ton. It would take forever to list it all.
Favorite books: I like novels dealing with current issues. I'm a fiction reader. I also like reading about animals and the paranormal (nice mix, eh ?), but I do have a Nook currently and use that for the majority of my reading.
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Unfortunately, I have neither.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? I love to read -- used book or not, I love reading.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I like your typical girl-type magazines or ones having to do with animals.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? I like all arts and crafts. I'm a very artsy person.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? I don't have pierced ears anymore.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I like bracelets as well as pendants -- nothing fancy. I like the ones you can buy at craft stores. I have a number of chains and just add them...then...voila! That's more my style than rings or fancy necklaces.
What size shirt do you wear? I'm not a t-shirt kind of person, but, if I did wear a tee, I prefer them REALLY large so I can sleep in them or wear them around the house. In that case, 3XL or more. I'm teensy, but like them big.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? I like tees and sweatshirts, but the same goes for sweatshirts. If I'm wearing them, I like them huge and cozy.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I'm not so into geometric designs, but am open to most anything else.
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I love socks. Anything comfy is excellent in my book.
What is your shoe/sock size? I'm a size 7/8 shoe. I have never paid any attention to my sock size. I wear the "normal" size, lol.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 4 cats, 2 dogs (a fox terrier and rat terrier mix) and a cockatiel. I also have small animals (hamsters, mice) and even a crested and gargoyle gecko! They love all kinds of toys and treats. The more indestructable the toy for the dogs, the better. And, for the cats, they're big on catnip. I like bigger toys for the cats so the dogs don't choke or get into them, but, really, anything goes.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? I do have cats with allergies. Finn and Cassidy are on a limited ingredient diet. I still give the others treats, but if it is for my two allergic kits, I stick to limited ingredient or all-natural treats.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Again, thankfully, we don't have too many limitations. I like thinks a little sturdier and not too small so that the dogs can't destroy them or, worse, choke. But, aside from that, they like anything.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? My kitties wear either breakaway collars or beastie bands. Speaking of which, I think Finn lost his collar somewhere in the house...
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have a gazillion brushes and combs for the cats and dogs.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? My kitties love, LOVE catnip, but have never had valerian or honeysuckle.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally done!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Candy, cookies, sandwiches on buns
, I'm a pretty picky eater but I like pretty much all desserts!

Favorite types of chocolate? All? I prefer dark chocolate, but any kind is fine. Least favorite is semi-sweet.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Not really. I do like coffee sometimes.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? A little bit, but it's not one of my favorites.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Sweet! Anything but those little hard candies you suck on. And butterfingers...

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? I'm allergy free!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Definitely! Yum yum!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Any kind!!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Seaweed!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I love baking!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I don't think I'd like a cookbook.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Anything! Lotion always smells awesome.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Sometimes. I can go from bright blue to an earthy brown. Not into red though.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Bath. Much more relaxing.

What scents do you like best? Do you know Annie Oakley brand perfume? Their Indian Musk is the BEST! Anything from Bath and Body Works is awesome too.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I use headbands. Nothing much else since my hair is short.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I don't really use perfume, but I do like Bath and Body Work's body sprays.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Pink, but I adore blue too!
Any colors that you don't like? To whoever is my SS, I said I don't like purple or orange. I actually do like them in some things!
There are actually not any colors I really don't like.

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I love vibrant and earth tones!
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? I would love a souvenir from their country, but whatever is fine!

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Let's just say I prefer things young!
Do you like homemade gifts? Love 'em.
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? My cat!

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? No no, I LOVE cat themed things! Though I don't have any yet.

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? I can't think of anything. Except for seaweed chips.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Wait until Christmas! I hate opening presents before the big day.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Not really.
Drawing pencils would be awesome though!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Not the colors I would like.
They come in all different colors!

Kitchen Red.

Living area Pale yellow... :/
Bathrooms Purple. It's okay...
bedrooms Pale blue. One of the more preferable colors.
what is your decorating style? I can't really say I have one, but I do notice I decorate with pink things in my room.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Plaid? Anything is pretty much fine, except for too many stripes!
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No, though my bedroom is kind of pink floral. It just happened that way, not a preference!
Do you burn candles? I love candles, but unfortunately I don't have as many as I'd like. Tea candles are awesome!
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Nope, don't decorate.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I actually wouldn't mind getting ornaments, it helps to remember things, even though I don't decorate. You never know when I might!

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Oh I love them! No preference.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading! Cycling, drawing, painting, though I never paint because I don't have enough, knitting, crocheting, and sewing. There's more but I can't list them all!

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really. Wordsearches are okay though.

Do you collect anything? Bottle caps
, stamps... I think that's it.

Movies: Horror!
Music: Rock, classical... I really like classic rock and bands like UbyK.
Books: I really like science fiction books, but I pretty much read anything!

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? I have an mp3 player.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't really like any magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Yes yes! All kinds!
Sewing, knitting, crocheting... see above ^

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Ears are not pierced.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I like jewelry, but I don't like having to put it on. I always get it but never wear it!
What size shirt do you wear? I wear women's small.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Plaid all the way.

Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I always love those fuzzy socks in the store! So that means yes.

What is your shoe/sock size? Size 7 1/2 womens. Sometimes I wear 8 though.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! One cat, DSH. As for toys, Wessie loves furry things. There's this bit of mink that we have, and he absolutely loves it. He thinks they are little squirrels or something!
He also likes me to pull around yarn, though it's even better if there is a piece of fur on the end. As for treats he really likes Friskies Natural Sensations crunchy cat treats. They are his absolute favorites!

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Not that I know of.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) I really can't think of anything. Just no vacuum cleaners!

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Wessie doesn't wear a collar. He used to wear a breakaway collar, but lost it so much that we stopped replacing them.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? An old comb... but I hardly ever brush him. I don't even know where it is.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Wessie has NO reaction to catnip. I don't know about the others.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Chocolate! I also like snack food, interested in health boosting food. And cheese! And wine!
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk chocolate, or dark.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? All three
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both!
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? No peanuts in cookies please. I love chocolate chip cookies so much, mmmm - they are probably my favourite thing to eat!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? I don't like cherries. I don't like peanuts in cookies.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes I love to do both, bake especially.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I like low fat cookbooks. I do weight watchers.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Fresh scents. My favourite lotion / showergel / deodorant is nivea happy time.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes, pink, all shades.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Both
What scents do you like best? Fresh
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes, I have long hair and use hair bands, clips, slides, pins, etc, I love pretty things for my hair. I am a very girly girl!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Estee lauder pleasures - too pricey for SS though!

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? I don't really have one...
Any colors that you don't like? No
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Vibrant or earth, not pastal.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something typical to their country or region. I'd like to get a feel for where they are from.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope!
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds. I am a young 30, no kids, (yet!), live with my b/f, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs. A real country girl, don't like big towns.
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes, very much.
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? A House with a garden.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? My boyfriend, my cats, my guinea pigs,Cushions, music (indie, rock), my slanket, mashed potato! My garden, open fires (we have an open fire)
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? No! I love cat themed gifts!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Depends what they would prefer, if they could write their preference on the package? It would be nice for the cats to have something to open on christmas day though. But if there were perishable goods in there - cookies that needed to be opened .....
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes! Perfect for my desk at work.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Beige!
Kitchen Blue cupboards
Living area One red / orange sofa, one beige. Wooden floor.
Bathrooms Blue and beige.
bedrooms Beige
what is your decorating style? Country style - kath kidston style!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Kath kidston style! Or plain
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No, just country cottage.
Do you burn candles? Yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes and it doesn't matter.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a ,present? Yes!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Mainly red, gold and green. Maybe silver.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes I love them! Any colour.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Work :-( My cats, chilling with my boyfriend, Music really, indie, rock.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really.
Do you collect anything? Cats!
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books! Chick lit. Romcoms. Indie rock.
Movies: True Romance is my favourite movie. I love chick flicks.
Music: Indie rock.
Books: Chick lit.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? iphone
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? not at all
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? cosmopolitan, glamour, easy living.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? No, i'm trying to knit but I'm rubbish at it!

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Yes Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I love jewellery, all kinds!
What size shirt do you wear? UK 12
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? All of them!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? All kinds!
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I don't mind
What is your shoe/sock size? UK 5

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Roxy, tortoishell female cat, 4 and a half years old, needs a new collar! Nothing girly, she's a tough cat! Roxy has tortitude, she loves to be brushed, she loves treats, she is playful. She likes pink ping pong balls and the little fluffy balls. LOVES catnip!
Molly - 12 weeks old, cat, black and white girl, also needs a collar, loves all toys, and feet!! Loves treats, Loves cuddles
Geoff - Guinea pig - grey / brown, 1.5 years old, loves dandelion leaves and grass and carrotts and cucumber
Tui, guinea pig, 1.5 years old, black, white and ginger, loves dandelion leaves, grass, carrotts and cucumber!
Ash -boyfriend! Just asked to be added to list of pets!!! Likes beer and rugby!!!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Noisy toys scare the cats.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? yes, quick release.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Regular brush for Roxy, Molly thinks brushes are for biting!
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite types of food? I really love Itatlian food. I also like Japanese, Indian, and American food; variety is good!

Favorite types of chocolate? MILK CHOCOLATE!!! (Especially Lindt, and Gharadelli. I also like the speciality dark chocolate bars that have strawberry or raspberry in them and milk or dark chocolate covered cherries- my fav!)

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I love ALL of it!!! I'm not picky

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Absolutely!!! My fav. flavored teas are fruity ones or Indian Chai, as far as coffee and hot chocolates go, i'll try anything!

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both! I love saltwater taffy, flavored pop-corns, kettle chips,caramel apple candy, cashew crunch, chocolate covered cherries, gummie bears, strawberry/ cherry licorice, "tutti fruitti" jelly belly's, SKOR chocolate bars, sour patch kids....just about any kind of candy!

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? grapefruit

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes!

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Sugar cookies w/ cream cheese icing or buttercream, Ranger cookies, Gingerbread, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate chip, White chocolate macadamian nut, Oatmeal Rasin,... i'm not picky!

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?[/
B] Anything with grapefruit or that smells like fresh cut grass!

Do you like to cook and/or bake? All the time!!! I LOVE cooking/baking!! (I love trying out new recipes)

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I LOVE Giada de Laurentiis....she's my absolute favorite! I also love Rachel Ray, Katie Lee, Alton Brown, and Cooking Light too.....I love just about any kind of cook book! (Personal recipes are wonderful too!!)

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I love anything that smells fruity, vanilla/brown sugar, rice flower & shea, anything that smells like lilies, gardenia, magnolia, peach, etc, and I also like light musk scents. (I am not a fan of the fake rose scents though.)

Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes! I keep mine painted! I really like shades of pinks/reds/creams,chocolates, neutrals! (I love anything by OPI, Sinful Colors, Fingerpaints, or Essie!)

Do you prefer bath or shower products? Both! Love them equally!

What scents do you like best? (I like the same scents as I posted above for lotions). I really love Lush Cosmetics, Victorias Secret, & Bath & Body Works. I'm not that picky though; I've used some fantastic homemade products in the past as well!

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I use ponytail holders, headbands (love the cute ones with flowers or rhinestones! I like the black/silver/brown ones), rhinestone barrettes, and spider clips (I have thick hair)

What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Sensuous Noir- Estee Lauder, Angel (Therry Mugler), Rice flower & Shea (bath and body works) and just about anything from Lush (especially anything that smells like "Snow Fairy")!

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? I love reds! (Most of my homes is decorated in reds, chocolates, and creams). I also like dark purple, hot pinks, burgendys, creams, chocolates, sky blues, and country greens!

Any colors that you don't like? contrunction worker orange, dark hunter greens

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I love rich jewel tones! ( reds, purples/ deep pinks), and earth tones like chocolates and creams. As far as blues and greens go, I like country blues

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Maybe a native postcard, magnent, coffee/tea, or candy unique to your area; I'm not picky!

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Grapefruit and anything that smells like fresh cut grass!

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds -- I'm 26 years old

Do you like homemade gifts? Love them!

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? soft fluffy househoes/socks, warm blankets/throws (LOVE them!!!), teas/honey sticks, candles, flowers, anything from Lush Cosmetics (bath stuff), anything Claude Monet related.

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I love cat related things as long as they are tasteful and not too over the top! (love calenders, magnets, notepads, stuffed animals, spoon rests...)

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? black licorice, fruitcake, grapefruit.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'll try to wait until Christmas so I have something to look forward to!

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Love them and use them often!!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? My house is decorated mostly in deep reds, chocolates, creams, and copper/gold shades!

Kitchen - Reds, chocolates, creams, copper/gold shades

Living area - Reds, chocolates, creams, copper/gold shades

Guest Bathroom- Country blues and greens, creams, bamboo mats (it's done in an artsy bird theme if that makes sense)

Master Bathroom- chocolates/creams, copper/golds, (I'm still working on my master bath)

Guest bedroom - chocolates, creams

Master bedrooms- Country blues, creams, chocolates

what is your decorating style? Hard to pin it down really...I guess it's a combination of Traditional/Cottage/French Country...

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid Colors, Tasteful floral prints (nothing tacky), suttle stripes, just depends....

Do any of your rooms have special themes? I love Claude Monet paintings-I have replicas of his work all over my home! I also collect metal crosses, and really any kind of dark chocolate/copper metal art.

Do you burn candles? Yes!! I always have candles burning in my home; I love them! "Applewood"-by WoodWick candles are my favorite, I also adore Yankee Candles and anytihng decorative or homemade too! I enjoy anything that smells like pumpkin, Christmas-y, cinnamon, apple, vanilla, honey, lilac, lily, gardenia...(anything "spicy/warm" or floral!)

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes....it doesn't matter to me. (I love reindeer and snowmen, snowflakes, quotes, crosses, feathered birds, and anything with giraffes! Some of my most cherished ornaments are the ones I've made with family/loved ones...homemade ones are awesome!)

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I really, really love them!!

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Yes! I love to do themed trees! This years tree will be deep reds/burgendy, creams, copper, & chocolates. (I like wooden ornaments, glittery dark reds/chocolates/golds, and feathered birds!)

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! (I love chocolates/dark reds!! I also like the "fun" colors...deep purples, pinks, sky blues,etc...)

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Training my dogs (Agility, Rally, Obedience, Therapy work), going to the park, crafts, cooking, painting, floral design, music, aquaria

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? I like wordsearches and crossword puzzles! (I'm not a big fan of Sudoku though.)

Do you collect anything? GIRAFFES!!!!!!!!!!! Anything Giraffe related (statues, magnents, etc!), Claude Monet related things, Metal Crosses, Bobblehead wooden painted turtles, colorful spoon rests, red/chocolate vases, anything Australian Shepherd themed!...

Movies: Dirty Dancing

Music: A little bit of everything! (Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Green Day, Mazzy Star, Tina Dico, Aerosmith, Korn, The Scorpians...I like variety in my music)

Books: Anything by Shakespeare! I also love Michael Crichton, poetry, and coffee table books (cats, dogs, paintings)

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? IPod

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Love them!

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Cosmopolitan, Red Book, Good Housekeeping, Southern Living, Real Simple, Glamour, Dog Fancy, Anything related to Australian Shepherds, or Aquariums

Are you into crafts? What kinds? Floral Design, Painting, ornaments, home decorating, holiday things, anything interesting!

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, they're pierced! (I'm allergic to gold/copper, but anything with stainless-steel, silver, or titanium is ok!)

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? LOVE it!! Especially earrings, necklaces, braclets (Just no gold please -allergic)

What size shirt do you wear? Medium- XLarge depending on the cut/fit. For t-shirts, I prefer larger (XL) ones to sleep in.

Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts and Sweatshirts

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors are good, but prints are too, if they're tasteful.

Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? LOVE them!

What is your shoe/sock size? 5 1/2- 6 1/2 depending on the shoe...

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have 6! 3 cats and 3 dogs!

-I have 3 dogs, (2 Australian Shepherds: Ranger (male) and Mykelti (female) and 1 Pit Bull x (Macy (female)): They love treats, durable toys, and pressed rawhides; all 3 wear Lupine collars! Ranger is a registered therapy dog, and Mykelti is in training to become one as well! They both train for competitions in Rally, Obedience, and Agility. (Macy is my special needs pup; she is in heart failure, so she is more laid back.)

-I also have 3 cats (Kojak (male), Isabella (female), and Lucky (male)) - they love kitty treats, soft blankets, and toys of any kind! (they seem to really enjoy the feathered wand toys)

-I also have several freshwater fish tanks aquariums.

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No

Do your kitties wear collars? All 3 of my cats wear proper fitting leather rhinestone collars with buckles (we live near a busy road, so collars are a must in case they ever get out!)

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I use a Furminator on mine, and I also have lots of other brushes/combs for their different fur types, since I groom them often

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? They love catnip! They've never had valerian or honeysuckle, but I'm sure they'd enjoy that as well

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I'm back from the cat show and have updated my hints list from last year. Not too many changes, just expanded on some answers.

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Not picky. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll eat almost anything
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk chocolate, the lighter the better. I also prefer to have nuts or caramel or something in the chocolate.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Tea, occasionally hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes, but not too much cinnamon.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Both, depending on my mood.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Definitely, if it comes from a TCS member.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Anything with nuts or chocolate---or nuts and chocolate. I do like walnuts or almonds better than peanuts.

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Cilantro
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yes
Do you like cookbooks? Yes If so, are there any in particular you would like? I already have too many

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Unscented (allergies)
Do you paint your nails? Occasionally What tones? Usually pearlescent or glitter in pastel colors like blue or lavender
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower
What scents do you like best? Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use scents
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes. I have very long hair and like to try different styles
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use perfume

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue/turquoise/teal. Also any shade of green.
Any colors that you don't like? PINK
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t care much for red, either, but itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s okay if there are small bits mixed in with other colors.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Earth tones or jewel tones, not so much pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something unique to their part of the world
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Any strong floral scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 50's
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Cats. Oh wait, I already have those. Okay, non-cat things: books, classical music or sounds of nature.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t matter
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Depends. If Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not going to be with family for Christmas Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll probably wait to open my SS gifts.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Yes, they keep disappearing---especially the pencils.

DECORATING
Kitchen Dark wood cabinets. Dish towels, curtains, etc. are maroon and cream
Living area Brown/bronze/copper with blue & blue/gray accents
Bathrooms Lavender & pale green
bedrooms blue/green/lavender or cream/burgundy depending on which quilt or comforter Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m using
what is your decorating style? eclectic
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids or prints with country/nature scenes
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No
Do you burn candles? Not since I got cats
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Christian
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes, if itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s unique
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No
Do you like throws/blankets? Yes What color(s)? Earth tones or blue/green range

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading, cooking, photography, gardening, knitting (who has time for hobbies?)
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Like sudoku and word puzzles, but not necessarily word search. Also like jigsaw puzzles (so do the cats, they keep snitching the pieces)
Do you collect anything? Tea cups
Movies: Rarely watch
Music: Classical, Celtic, smooth jazz
Books: SciFi/Fantasy, romance, mystery, biography, almost anything except horror and vampires

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Used books are great as long as all the pages are there
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Mostly professional magazines. Smithsonian is good when I have time.
Are you into crafts? Some What kinds? Knitting, crochet, embroidery

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Yes Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No
Do you like jewelry? Yes What kinds? Matching earrings and necklace, especially long dangly earrings.
What size shirt do you wear? 4 or 6, depending on the style and brand
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Blouses
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid colors or large prints, not anything really busy. I prefer geometric patterns or paisley prints
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? No
What is your shoe/sock size?

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 6 cats: Shareena (4-1/2 years), Miss Patchwillow (4-1/2 years), Goldy (4 years), Iris (3 years), Cali (3 years), and Merlin (2-1/2 years). They all play with feather toys and laser pointers. Other toys end up in a black hole somewhere.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t give them anything with dyes or artificial coloring. Merlin is the only one who likes treats. He goes crazy over the Petrodex dental treats (which he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t need any more because he has no teeth) and freeze-dried chicken or beef.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No
Do your kitties wear collars? No If so what kind?
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Furminator
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? None of them seem to care about catnip. Havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t tried the others. They do go crazy over peppermint.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Bumping this up for all those santees who haven't posted yet. Just saying--not telling if my santee is one of the slackers.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say "Nice Avatar!"
Gee, I wonder where those gnomes came from. They just showed up at my house with no warning.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologise for the late reply.

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? I'm kinda picky.
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk or white. Not a dark chocolate person. Ilove Lindor, and anything with Caramel in it.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? coffee, my favs are hazelnut, maple, french vanilla. Like hot chocolate too.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? see above
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? both: I really like skittles and swedish berries. I like munchies like cornnuts and soyanuts, roasted peas, chips, etc.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? nope.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? sure
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? any
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? pineapple, peach
Do you like to cook and/or bake? love both
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I wouldn't mind printed out recipes in box, cheap and easy meals, cookies, different types of breads, peanut free snacks I can send to school for my kids (they don't have allergies but someone in school does so they have to have nut free snacks)

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? I L
VE lotions. Fruity scents, vanilla, coconut to name a few. No flower or "overpowering" scents as i get migraines. I could provide a list of my favs from Bath and Body works.

Do you paint your nails? What tones? no nails.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower... I seldom bath, when I do I use epsom salts.
What scents do you like best? the ones listed above
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? scrunchies
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? no perfume, but I can get away with matching body spray to the lotions above.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? burgundy.... deep rich colours
Any colors that you don't like? pastels
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? vibrant rich colours
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? info on their country as I do not know alot about other countries.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? anything strong, no perfume, no flowery scents.
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 34
Do you like homemade gifts? love them
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? house
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? soft lap blankets.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I don't mind.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? ummm. If it comes from your heart, and you put thought into it, i'm sure I would love it. I can't think of anything I wouldn't want.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I don't know.
This gift will be the only one for me under the tree this year, so I will probally try to wait untill Christmas day UNLESS a snooper says there is edibles in the package, in which case I'd open for the goodies and save the wrapped gift for Christmas.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Love notebooks, pads, and pens. I am partial to the Sharpie pens, or something similiar to them.

I LOVE to colour. I need colouring books, but they are hard to find. I like ones that are more detailed than the childrens ones. I have a couple Amy Brown (she's a fantasy artist) colouring books that I am almost done.

DECORATING

I don't really need anything for the house as I may be moving into an apartment sometime soon due to my divorce.

BUT. I LOVE fantasy oriented statues. particularly fairies by amy brown, and there's a store here called Green Earth. If you look at their website, it will show you the types of fairies I enjoy. I absolutely adore fairy stuff, tote bags, notepads, statues, stickers, coffee mugs, wall art, etc.

I LOVE Amy Brown artwork. ( a snooper could help find out a wishlist from the amybrown website)

Do you burn candles? yeppers. Love berries, vanilla, maple, all sorts... no flowery ones tho.

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? not Religious

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? sure, I wouldn't mind a Christmas tree ornament from you as a keepsake please.

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? no

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes - any colours. i have a black one and a fluffy pink one that goes towards breast cancer.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading, journaling ( I LOVE journals, all sorts), computer, ANGRY BIRDS
, photography, health, nature, walks.....

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? no thanks
Do you collect anything? Amy Brown fairies, artwork......and other fairies, fantasy figurines. I like the "seductive" type of fairies. And ones with "attitude"... female fairies, I haven't found a male one that I liked yet.

Movies: love movies. I watch actions, horrors, dramas, comedy... basically most except documentries, sci fi, and westerns.
Music: top 40 type pop
Books: I have enough books, but would love little ones with motivational quotes/sayings

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? yes. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen, and like silicone cases for it.

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? no problem receiving anything used.

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? health and exercise.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? not so much any more

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Don't really need/want jewelery unless YOU make it.

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I would love a charm bracelet

What size shirt do you wear? L-XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? I have swelling issues so I wear the socks meant for diabetics with no elastic cuffs.

What is your shoe/sock size? 9

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Cats: All my boys are 3yrs old or under

Kizzy: seal point bicolour ragdoll...my fluffy boy.
Kiwi: seal point bicolour mixed, shorter fur.... my cuddle bug
Kitchi: black long hair....another cuddle bug.

All kitties LOVE Fancy Feast Grilled canned cat food, Tempations treats, and all toys. Crinkleballs, dabird (I need a refill) and other wand toys, kick toys, etc. They are not fussy on toys.

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Yep....don't really need anything for their collars.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? (just about everything available. I don't really need anything)
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? yes

Additonal Info:

I am easy easy easy to please. I prefer homemade items/crafts/cookies, gifts given with thought, and my most favorite things are journals, Angry Birds, colouring, Amy Brown stuffs, Motivational Quotes, notebooks and Sharpie Pens.
It doesn't take a lot to make my day.
A *hug* and a card are an awesome way to make me smile.

My kitties are easy to please as well.

Thank you to whomever is my Santa. I know I will appreciate anything you get me

Happy shopping.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Gnomes never give any warning!
I bet you didn't see them sneaking out of your house either.