Rescue Momma and Kittens... Advice Needed Please!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How sweet! Keep supplementing the kittens until they are above 90 grams.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok! I will keep everyone updated on all of my momma cats and kittens! I am at work now worrying over them! I feel like once all of the kittens are up to 90 grams I will be relieved!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
So everyone looks so great this morning! Before I weighed them I was so optimisitc. Everyone is full of energy, crawling around, fighting for nipples. And then I weighed everyone and I was a little dissappointed. #1 Lost weight. 

1-69 down 5

2-81 up 3

3-94 up 11!

4-87 up 5

Everyone else made great gains... the differences I put there are just what they gained overnight! I went and mixed up more formula to supplement #1 but when I came in he was nursing. I waited and he stayed latched on for several minutes. Mom gets a little restless if I stay and watch them nurse so I left, I figured since he is nursing great now I would leave them be. I think he is going to make better gains today because it seems like he has really gotten the hang of this nursing thing! 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you should weigh #1 again in a few hours. A 5 gram loss is not good at all! If he has not gained anything you'll need to begin supplementing every hour to get his weight up. The others are doing well.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely will reweigh him and supplement as needed! I was just hopeful this morning because when I went in to supplement him he was nursing so well already! I think that he will start gaining soon! It seems like he has just figured out this nursing thing, he seems to be acting better today too- more active. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I get what you are saying. I do hope he begins gaining well from nursing his mom. It sounds like that will happen.

I just love this orange family! They are so precious. I have a weak spot for orange kitties. They are always so sweet natured.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
By the way - If their dad was also orange they will be girls. If not, they are all boys! [emoji]128571[/emoji]

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I think there is a strong possibility dad was orange. It sounds like the whole colony they came from was orange 
 Its likely one of two orange boys I posted when I posted the moms at first could be the father. 

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

steph422

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is interesting! Our cat is a calico and we 'think' the father was an orange Tom (he was hanging around). Curious what she will have. Will send pics of course when they arrive [emoji]128522[/emoji]

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they are all so beautiful. Momma Sadie is a very striking girl [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

@ashade1 right now, do you need litter or KMR more? I'm going to send some food and then either litter or KMR but wanted to know which you are in need of most right now [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Oh thank you so much! KMR!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise

How Olivia is doing <3 hopefully when I call tomorrow they can fit her in at the vet soon. 

kittylover100

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes hopefully she needs to get better for not only her health but the babies health in the near future so yes definitely! Also thanks again for caring for so many cats and saving them! Also how does that girl not realize (common sense) that you should not vaccine a pregnant or lactating female as it could harm the kittens like seriously I don't care what everyone else said use your common knowledge that you have! Sorry I may have gotten carried away it just be breaks my heart that they let that happen and didn't even realize what it now has done to these poor kittens[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji]

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Sadie's kittens weigh in! 

Good news!

1- 77 up 8 grams since this morning

2- 88 up 7 grams since this morning

3-103 up 9 grams- what a chunk! 

4- 89 only up 2 grams from this morning, but not a loss!

Gains are looking great for not being a whole day since the last weigh in!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes hopefully she needs to get better for not only her health but the babies health in the near future so yes definitely! Also thanks again for caring for so many cats and saving them! Also how does that girl not realize (common sense) that you should not vaccine a pregnant or lactating female as it could harm the kittens like seriously I don't care what everyone else said use your common knowledge that you have! Sorry I may have gotten carried away it just be breaks my heart that they let that happen and didn't even realize what it now has done to these poor kittens[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji]
Yes, I am thinking about having them xray Olivia too just to see if they can give me a better approximate for her. Will update everyone when I know! Her belly is very firm... is that normal? Sadie didn't feel firm really before she went into labor. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are good. Yes, a firm belly is normal. Hopefully the vet can see Olivia tomorrow.

Last edited: