Regarding Amber, John and the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I was going to post this last night but chose no to but I decided to do so this morning
After reading all this thread I felt the need to.

I still have no opinion but what I see is a bunch of people trying to solve a mystery and they don't have all the clues, why on earth would everyone try to piece something together with so many bare spaces in it. Because for sure these people if it's true didn't stand to gain anything from it except seeing everyone sitting around speculating about all of it.

We all rallied around wanting to help no one ask for anything and then all of the sudden the story changes and it was like everyone just ran with it.
I myself and not hurt or angry with anyone I would have helped because that's who I am.

Why waste your time trying to figure it all out it's not worth it and what goes around comes around and paybacks a Bit** And if it's true shame on them it shouldn't be shame on all of us for being critical of stuff we don't really know.

Time could be better spend then this, We are a caring concerned group here and that's what it should be.

If this is all true they are the losers because they lost a Great group of friends and support.

I know everyone was shocked I was to but to sit around and just keep searching for stuff is foolish and if it isn't true we won't have to worry about it.
I doubt that anyone from the other end would want to come back here even if it isn't true. Picking everything apart doesn't prove anything except that it makes us look petty also.

Time will tell I myself will not criticize and pick anyone apart. I hate to think that there are people that can do this but if so they will be judged at another time in another Forum a much bigger one. And this is simply IMO
The way I see it is this: It is human nature to try to make sense of things that make no sense.

This thread has been immensely theraputic for people - I know I cried for hours the day I found out she "died" and reading through this thread and trying to see what makes sense out of a senseless act has been helpful for me personally.

We are in the healing process, and just like we grieved together, we are trying to heal together. So please don't tell people that their methods of trying to make sense of this is foolish. It may very well be, but everyone goes about grief and healing differently. And talking this through is a very GOOD way to heal, even if ultimately, there are no real answers.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I have kept my big mouth shut for about 25 pages of stuff.... and what I post now may surprise you as it comes from me.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged."

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

here is a few pics of the quilt.I will be holding onto it for now, it won't be going to Kaelyn
This is so beautiful and you have such a kind heart to have done something like this.. it actually brought a tear to my eye.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

My opinion.. We all let it go and let the issue and all the stuff just go to the waste side..

I say we talk about better happier things,, Like Me being the Spotlight (err Victim) this week!!!!!

...let´s make difficult the life at our victim of this week!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, this is all so interesting...and sad of course. I've only read the first few pages but I've got to go get some work done on my truck so I'll be away for a few hours.....but I will be back to continue reading.

Whoever/whatever Amber/John may be, I hope God has mercy on them for this act.......

Take care y'all...and thanks Anne....
Hilda >^..^<

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to add one more thing:

We have had a peaceful community here on TCS where we all get along, let's not let this whole ordeal tear us aprat & bring about hurt feelings. Many people have stated their opinions here, & they have a right to their opinions. Try not to get offended by those opinions.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

...let´s make difficult the life at our victim of this week!
Well we can talk about how handsome Milky looks in that siggy

Thats a lot better deal as I see it, no time wasted He looks very handsome

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

This is so beautiful and you have such a kind heart to have done something like this.. it actually brought a tear to my eye.

The blanket is absolutely beautiful - you did such a wonderful job of it. The butterflies are gorgeous!!!!!

You know if it turns out that I'm pregnant I'm going to do some major sucking up to you

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to add a couple things here.

This isn't the first time that we (moderators) and the members have felt that someone is not all they claim to be on the board. This is the first time since I've been here that something like this has happened here. There are people who make up identities on the 'net and are just pretending to be who they wish they were in RL. They are ridiculous and most people can see through their facade, but they mean no harm. Just because there were holes in the story that doesn't mean there was enough information to take any official action.

Also, while "john" never asked for a handout, he did say that it would be appreciated (a fund for Kaelyn or money/gifts sent to "him"). He certainly wasn't fighting it any when the idea of contributions came up, at least not until his story came into question - then he bolted. Considering what a caring community this is, the idea of a fund or gifts isn't something that was unforeseeable, especially considering the "hardships" that they had before the report of her death. "He/they" may have thought this community was much more stupid and giving than we are. This is an intelligent bunch of people here, and Trust but Verify is strong in a lot of people's minds.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read most of this thread and I'm just stunned. I mean what can you say?

I just want you all to know that I'm 100% real and I'll meet anyone close to me if they want. I just hate to travel so they'd have to be in the immediate area, around the Quad Cities. I can deal with going that far, it's only 45 minutes from me.

I have enough drama in my life, I don't need to make up anything. With my colon, the cats, not feeling well for the past month almost, who needs to make up anything? I just want everything to get back to normal, both here and at my house. Please..

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to say that I am so very grateful for the ones that found out about this and protected us.

I feel like a dope because I swallowed this hook, line and sinker, losing sleep over the thought of Kaelyn being hooked up to all those wires and so on.

I am determined that I am NOT going to allow this to turn me into a non-giving, non-caring person. I WILL ask others about things if I am not sure, but this community is too good, too loving, too caring to allow something like this to destroy it.

The ones who did this, if they did are the losers. I will NOT be one of those.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

I feel like a dope because I swallowed this hook, line and sinker, losing sleep over the thought of Kaelyn being hooked up to all those wires and so on.
I am determined that I am NOT going to allow this to turn me into a non-giving, non-caring person. I WILL ask others about things if I am not sure, but this community is too good, too loving, too caring to allow something like this to destroy it.

The ones who did this, if they did are the losers. I will NOT be one of those.
I learned a very valuable lesson here. I guess I'm about as naive as they come.

But that's all I've got to say on the matter. I think it's been discussed to death and I really don't have anything to add other than - I"M ME and I"M VERY REAL!!! I wish I could meet some of you folks now to prove it.
Since I've never come across this thing, not only do I have doubt now about folks, but I'm also soooooo worried about people having doubts about me. That's just the type of person I am. All I can say is if I was scammin you - I wouldn't have waited a year to do it. Does that help at all??

So time to revive the NE meet up!!!! Any takers now?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

I just want you all to know that I'm 100% real and I'll meet anyone close to me if they want. I just hate to travel so they'd have to be in the immediate area, around the Quad Cities. I can deal with going that far, it's only 45 minutes from me.
I didn't know you were in the Quad Cities! My Grandparents lived in Andalusia, which is near Milan, which is near Moline. My Grandma moved in with my family when my Grandpa passed, and he is in fact buried in Rock Island.

Ok, end tidbit.

I really think Amber is probably way less crafty and interesting than we're making her out to be with all the speculation. It's sort of reminding me of Lonelygirl15...which blew up right around when Amber joined and I've seen fallout from other "lonelypeople" who are just regular people who have been intruiged with the whole alternate reality/alternate identity thing. This is an individual, like Heidi said, who means no harm and is probably just bored, wanting attention, and not entirely bright.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
"I still have no opinion but what I see is a bunch of people trying to solve a mystery and they don't have all the clues, why on earth would everyone try to piece something together with so many bare spaces in it. Because for sure these people if it's true didn't stand to gain anything from it except seeing everyone sitting around speculating about all of it."

This is why people read Agatha Christie or watch Law & Order or Without a Trace. There is nothing like a good mystery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, the 24 hours of venting are over

Thank you everyone for your input. I will be closing this thread, but before I do, I wanted to address some concerns.

We do keep track of IP and logins. We do not allow duplicate accounts for the same user, and we have strong filters in place to prevent that. We were fully aware that Amber and John were posting from the same computer, but "they" asked for an exception to be made since they were supposed to be two people posting from one computer. Let me assure you that it is highly unlikely that he/she/they will be able to sign up under a different username (or already are).

This has been a painful experience for many, but I hopefully it will make us stronger as a community. I for one, intend to go on trusting people online. I have met some wonderful wonderful people online and I cherish that, always.

With this, let's put this sad affair to rest. Any other comments or feedback, please PM to a staff member. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.