Regarding Amber, John and the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That blanket is beautiful, and I am sure there is a baby out there whose family would appreciate it and the thought that went it to it, should you decide that you want to give it to someone

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got through reading this thread for the first time. Thank you for keeping it open for 24 hours at least - I think that is the correct thing to do. I am shocked, though not totally surprised. Two of John's later posts didn't sit right with me - the one about the music and the one where he said he hurt his hand because he got angry with the guy on the phone. I have to admit when I read that one the thought went through my mind that if he could get violent like that, then maybe he had hurt Amber, causing her death. And it didn't sit with her picture of him. As for Amber's posts, I always felt that she seemed much older than 20, many of us remarked that she was 'wise beyond her years', but I thought if anything she was lying about her age for some reason.

I have only one more thing to add, and it is a bit scary. No one could perpetrate a scam like this if they did not know the environment they are working in. So I only hope for all our sakes that 'Amber and John' is/are not an already known and trusted member of TCS who for some reason decided to play a trick on all of us. Things like this can create so much distrust among a wonderful and caring community.

I love you all

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this thread is to be kept open then I feel I might as well throw in my twopennce worth...
Whatever the case is with 'Amber' and 'John' then at least one thing can be taken away from this case and that is that on tcs there is a caring and loving community which is willing to support people through whatever happens to them. Whilst we may be shocked at recent events I wouldn't want this site to be any less loving and caring as this is what keeps Epona and I coming back (as well as the great advice of course)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

Sorry.no offence meant to you or Tcs,but on more serious boards,this would have been 'exposed' way before now.
Sorry, but I just have to address this (I'm taking off my mod hat to do so). I find this comment insulting personally. I for one did not believe this story from the beginning and I'm not the only one. There were folks here that were jumping to collect money and give gifts and if you go back you'll see comments from some of the mods and others that were trying to gently rein those folks in and telling them to wait a couple days. Those suggestions were not always taken kindly and in some instances hinted that we were being very unsympathetic.

This may not be what you would consider a "serious" board, but to come out and blatantly accuse them of being frauds without any proof would have been very negligent on the part of TCS IMO. I can't speak for Anne, but if I were the owner of this site, I'd certainly hesitate to come out with an accusation like that if I had no proof.

Anyway, that's just my PERSONAL opinion as a member and not as a mod and I just felt strongly enough about this that I had to comment.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with Yosemite, there is many instances of posts where people tried to get others to take a step back before investing time or money in this case, and some chose to ignore that advice while others did think that people were being unsympathetic.

It was picked up by many people to begin with, and I think part of the reason that other didn't is that TCS is so caring and family like and you would never think that someone would do something like that.

I for one applaud the people who worked in the background to ensure they had as many facts as possible before making an announcement. As Anne has already said, the story may well be true, it can not be proven in either way (although in my mind the phone call proves it enough for me, but then I was always a sceptic in this case).

I also do think that TCS is a serious board, and while some people may have got hurt in the process, I think it is great that while being serious, we have enough love and compassion for each other to actually feel for a person at times like the case brought up where on other boards it would be 'oh so and so hasn't been online, oh well'

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

If this thread is to be kept open then I feel I might as well throw in my twopennce worth...
Whatever the case is with 'Amber' and 'John' then at least one thing can be taken away from this case and that is that on tcs there is a caring and loving community which is willing to support people through whatever happens to them. Whilst we may be shocked at recent events I wouldn't want this site to be any less loving and caring as this is what keeps Epona and I coming back (as well as the great advice of course)
I agree!
TCS is one loving community and I sure hope that this will not effect the way we all care for one another.
I for one care about all of you here and will grieve with you when you grieve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Sorry, but I just have to address this (I'm taking off my mod hat to do so). I find this comment insulting personally. I for one did not believe this story from the beginning and I'm not the only one. There were folks here that were jumping to collect money and give gifts and if you go back you'll see comments from some of the mods and others that were trying to gently rein those folks in and telling them to wait a couple days. Those suggestions were not always taken kindly and in some instances hinted that we were being very unsympathetic.

This may not be what you would consider a "serious" board, but to come out and blatantly accuse them of being frauds without any proof would have been very negligent on the part of TCS IMO. I can't speak for Anne, but if I were the owner of this site, I'd certainly hesitate to come out with an accusation like that if I had no proof.

Anyway, that's just my PERSONAL opinion as a member and not as a mod and I just felt strongly enough about this that I had to comment.
Thank you, Linda.

A gentle reminder here of our rule #7 -
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15184

Furryferals, or anyone else who wishes to criticize the site's action in this, feel free to PM the staff here but refrain from posting complaints and negative feedback in this thread or anywhere on the public boards. Thank you.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad this thread is open for a little longer, as I wanted to add something following my earlier post. And that is that I don't know how it may have come across, but I wasn't intending to question the work that others had put in trying to verify this story. Just saying that if anything did happen to me, the only thing you'd have to go on would be Nate's word, and I wouldn't want him to be doubted.

But thanks to everyone who has been putting in effort to verify (or otherwise!) this confusing mess of a story, and what a great community we have that everyone cares so much in the first place

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just like to say I appreciate the MODS and would like to thank them and all the people involved with keeping TCS a great place to be. Any actions the Mods took were in our best interest and I think kept a lot of the more emotionally involved from doing things they might regret.

Emotions have been running high here for a few days and we all need to take a breath and take in all that is happened.

I hope we can all take in what has been going on and grow from it emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Thank you Mods for all the time and patients you have had over the past week. You have no idea how valued and appreciated you are.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, whatever the intent of whatever happened here...the effect is that it brought us closer together.

Yay team!!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This IS a serious board - we are serious about our love of cats, concern for their welfare AND our concern for each other. THAT is precisely WHY this situation was able to develop. We DO however want/know how to have fun, too.

Where the Internet is concerned, it is ALWAYS wise to proceed with caution and not let one's emotions overrule one's head. It is good, that TCS DOES have such a tenderhearted membership but, we must remember that not EVERYONE on the web is honest and straightforward.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to post this last night but chose no to but I decided to do so this morning
After reading all this thread I felt the need to.

I still have no opinion but what I see is a bunch of people trying to solve a mystery and they don't have all the clues, why on earth would everyone try to piece something together with so many bare spaces in it. Because for sure these people if it's true didn't stand to gain anything from it except seeing everyone sitting around speculating about all of it.

We all rallied around wanting to help no one ask for anything and then all of the sudden the story changes and it was like everyone just ran with it.
I myself and not hurt or angry with anyone I would have helped because that's who I am.

Why waste your time trying to figure it all out it's not worth it and what goes around comes around and paybacks a Bit** And if it's true shame on them it shouldn't be shame on all of us for being critical of stuff we don't really know.

Time could be better spend then this, We are a caring concerned group here and that's what it should be.

If this is all true they are the losers because they lost a Great group of friends and support.

I know everyone was shocked I was to but to sit around and just keep searching for stuff is foolish and if it isn't true we won't have to worry about it.
I doubt that anyone from the other end would want to come back here even if it isn't true. Picking everything apart doesn't prove anything except that it makes us look petty also.

Time will tell I myself will not criticize and pick anyone apart. I hate to think that there are people that can do this but if so they will be judged at another time in another Forum a much bigger one. And this is simply IMO

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been reading this thread since yesterday afternoon and I am truly shocked. To think, I was actually going to take some money out of my poor mans bank account and buy some things for the baby!

I think I am one of the most gullible people around. At first though, I must admit I didnt really believe it. When I first read the title "Amber is Gone..." I really thought it would be a post by the person who owns the Bobcats and has a bobcat named Amber. Sorry but I did.

Posting of someones death immediatly on a message forum is just a bit weird, so the first thing that crossed my mind is that it was feline.

I hope this doesnt really affect anyone, I am a fairly new member and am going through alot of stuff right now and I wouldnt want anyone to think I am just lying. I wouldnt want anyone to think I am lying about me, my baby boy, my animals or my new pregnancy, I would just be heartbroken.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I was going to post this last night but chose no to but I decided to do so this morning
After reading all this thread I felt the need to.

I still have no opinion but what I see is a bunch of people trying to solve a mystery and they don't have all the clues, why on earth would everyone try to piece something together with so many bare spaces in it. Because for sure these people if it's true didn't stand to gain anything from it except seeing everyone sitting around speculating about all of it.

We all rallied around wanting to help no one ask for anything and then all of the sudden the story changes and it was like everyone just ran with it.
I myself and not hurt or angry with anyone I would have helped because that's who I am.

Why waste your time trying to figure it all out it's not worth it and what goes around comes around and paybacks a Bit** And if it's true shame on them it shouldn't be shame on all of us for being critical of stuff we don't really know.

Time could be better spend then this, We are a caring concerned group here and that's what it should be.

If this is all true they are the losers because they lost a Great group of friends and support.

I know everyone was shocked I was to but to sit around and just keep searching for stuff is foolish and if it isn't true we won't have to worry about it.
I doubt that anyone from the other end would want to come back here even if it isn't true. Picking everything apart doesn't prove anything except that it makes us look petty also.

Time will tell I myself will not criticize and pick anyone apart. I hate to think that there are people that can do this but if so they will be judged at another time in another Forum a much bigger one. And this is simply IMO
I know you say you're not criticizing or picking anyone apart - but what exactly is calling those people who tried to figure out what was going on "foolish"? It's human nature to be curious and want to understand what really happened, especially since Amber had been here a while, people knew her, cared for her, anticipated her having the baby. If you don't want to try to figure out what went on, I respect that - why not respect those who chose try to figure out what happened, to put their own minds (and everyone else's) to rest? People need closure. I completely understand that we probably won't ever know exactly what happened, but there's' nothing wrong with people trying to solve it. As I said, it's human nature, and not something foolish at all.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know a lot if people find it weird that someone would post online after a death. I am one of those people who have. When my Nana died the whole family was over. Cousins to the left talking about their childhood, Mom bawling her eyes out, Aunt being a witch ranting about other stuff. I felt alone and needed to talk. I came online to a forum to talk to people. Some people prefer that. That's all I have to add.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's only natural that people want to talk about it, pick over the pieces etc as part of coming to terms with things. A lot of people feel they've been duped and analysing the situation helps them come to terms with the way events have turned.

We'll never know exactly how much - if any - of the whole thing is true or why anyone would make up such a story, but people do do things like this. Exactly why, I've no idea. For attention maybe, out of boredom, to make their lives seem more interesting... possible reasons are endless and we can only speculate.

I agree that everyone should be careful about taking things they read on the internet at face value but I also hope this won't make people overly suspicious. Most people are exactly who they say they are and it would be a shame if we allowed these events to sow seeds of distrust in a wonderful community.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My opinion.. We all let it go and let the issue and all the stuff just go to the waste side..

I say we talk about better happier things,, Like Me being the Spotlight (err Victim) this week!!!!!

Come on,, ask me a questions.. I don't mind.... I'm tough enough.. You dig it!!!

Let's talk about fun stuff, and about non scandlous stuff - Like my questions.. or the superbowl this weekend!!!

Heather
"The real nut in the game"

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt say anyone in peticuliar I meant myself,I wouldn't waste the time doing that. People do what they do and after all is said and done nothing has been accompished it winds back up at square one.
What I respect people for is careing enough to try and be helpful not to pick everything apart when they don't really know IMO.
I cried my eyes out when I read what was said about her dying. I was shocked but that's because that's who I am,
I do feel that everyone has an opinion but to just pick everything apart is something I chose not to do.
But to sit and try and solve it is a waste of time when we were the ones that offered to help, No one asked for help. I didn't wake up this morning feeling any less of a person for having tried to be helpful, I dont feel the need to pick it apart, like I said what goes around comes around and they will not have the benefit of seeing me get upset over it, there the petty ones if it's true. That could be what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.