Regarding Amber, John and the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

I think this would have been nice to know earlier in the thread. Here members are wondering if Amber even exisited.

So Amber does exist & is alive from the call you had with her?!
The story of her death is a hoax.
Who knows who John is.
Is that the story in a nutshell?
agree, it could have saved the "what-if-ing" that some people are complaining about...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

agree, it could have saved the "what-if-ing" that some people are complaining about...
I have my reasons as to why I didn't say anything earlier. I've actually debated ALL day about saying it was me in the first place that called..

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think this would have been nice to know earlier in the thread. Here members are wondering if Amber even exisited.

Who knows who John is.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Sorry for beating a very dead horse.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just a case of your damned if you do and damned if you don't

Thank you DixieDarlin for giving us the information you have, it is very much appreciated

I am so sorry that something like this has had to happen on this forum

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I now have reason to believe Amber was/is a real person, if she did talk to members on the phone. Since this thread will most likely be locked soon, someone I know found some of Amber's old postings on other cat sites, from a year and a bit ago. I don't think someone would sit there for two years making up fake people on various message boards.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I've just come home from work to catch up with this thread.

It's so sad that people would play with our emotions that way

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I have my reasons as to why I didn't say anything earlier. I've actually debated ALL day about saying it was me in the first place that called..
understandable I guess - I mean I can't' know your reasons, but this IS a rather disturbing situation. I'm sorry if I sounded short with you - I just think that those of us who've just discovered this have a right to talk about it a little bit, as much as the ppl who found out right away... I don't think this thread should be shut just yet. People need to talk about it, and if they can't do it here they're going tot make a new thread about it...

I'm pretty much done talking about it tho, unless we learn more info. The fact that you spoke to her - so she is alive and well and is probably a part of this hoax- I don't really have anything to say about that - nothing appropriate for this forum, anyway. Although if I were you I wouldnt have been able to stop myself from saying Amber-its me.. what is going on?? But I undersstand why you wouldn't want to do that.

It's true, we all need to be careful who we trust online :/

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I'm glad that it was a hoax, because if it had been reality it would have truly been tragic.

I'm also very glad that we have people on the site, members and mods, who look out for all of us. Perhaps the real scheme was to get money, who knows?
Seems like a lot of work to get a few hundred bucks (hey - us cat people are always broke because we spend too much on our CATS!). But the fact is that there are people who would think nothing of investing months on a joke. Whether they get a sick thrill for having "duped" so many people, or are just seeing if they can do it...there are those people out there.

I'm very proud to be a REAL member of this community. We care, we show real compassion, and we form real friendships. We help REAL people and REAL cats!!! Don't allow one or two bad apples spoil your view of the bushel. I've met quite a few people from here, and I can assure you that they are REAL, their caring and compassion are also just as real as they are. Don't lose sight of that!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people

Who knows who John is.
Obviously this has been a big hoax to everybody.

This should be reported to the police to investigate the authenticity of it.
But I certainly don't think this thread should be closed

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Im sorry but for some reason thats what I was thinking....I mean as bad as it is, what if Amber was pg and John killed her and the baby? I mean none of us truly know!!
No we don't,Only the person that tells 'the story' can answer those questions!!!!

Ever heard the story of the boy that cried wolf?You'd be very surprised!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber posted the day after she died. Isn't it kind of odd that Amber found a lost BLACK KITTEN NAMED BAGHEERA four days ago, AFTER she died?

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry - I just can't let go of this! I feel so duped! I googled her name and came up

Looks like her - a little younger than she claimed to be but is in Missouri and has a cat video on her MySpace page and the name fits. Is it her? This girl last posted today!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll just be honest and say that at this point I really don't care who they were, who they are, where they are or what they are doing right now because at some point they decided to take the path of untruth and as far as I'm concerned they will get what is coming to them.... revenge is best when you have nothing to do with it
karma's a witch with an excellent memory, these people are not worth out time or consideration

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I'm sorry - I just can't let go of this! I feel so duped!
Looks like her - a little younger than she claimed to be but is in Missouri and has a cat video on her MySpace page and the name fits. Is it her? This girl last posted today!
Nope, that's not her.

I found her AOL profile under speckledpup17, though, and the pics on that profile match the ones posted on TCS.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry - I just can't let go of this! I feel so duped! I googled her name and came up with this -

I can't let it go either. Did you see the post I wrote ~15 minutes ago? The one about Bagheera?

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crap. This
is a link to the site where Amber found a black kitten named Bagheera.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I can't let it go either. Did you see the post I wrote ~15 minutes ago? The one about Bagheera?
The one at pet finder where she found a kitten that is skin and bones.
I don't like unanswered questions either.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The one at pet finder where she found a kitten that is skin and bones.
I don't like unanswered questions either.
I think that one at pet finder is an old one. I got mixed up because it said at the bottom of the screen "found 4 days ago" but I think it meant the web searcher thing found the page four days ago, not Amber found the kitten four days ago.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm sorry - I just can't let go of this! I feel so duped! I googled her name and came up with this -

Didn't Amber have a younger sister though?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it her? This girl last posted today!
I think your right, good to know she's alive. Hope she realizes that people cared for her and she didn't have to make things up to have freinds.

The kind hearted people here should NEVER think they shouldn't open their hearts to people. Its the human condition to care for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.