Questions and problems

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks I'll be watching. Because I just left and came back and there are new posts in this thread, but are not indicated in my subscription list. I had to start from the beginning of the thread.
Also: Is there a way to make the quoted post stand out better from the reply. You can barely tell what is quoted and what is the reply. Causes too much confusion and makes it too difficult to tell what's what.
Thanks to whoever mentioned the BBcode in reference to firefox spell check. I can't find your post again in this thread, but it worked.
OK, here is a list of my subscriptions see how the first one has the green arrow and the one below it does not?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi all

I am running Redhat Linux. Last night I had no preview "button" but I do now
. Last night I also had no emotion icons, but I do now.
Yup, our tech team people have been hard at work, addressing bugs as fast as possible.

I can not manually, when using Firefox click the misspelled word
.  I have to spell check the whole post as if it was a word document, is there a way around that?

Lastly, I have NO EDIT feature. Is that done on purpose? If so, I am NOT HAPPY!!
Jana's solution works like magic - just hold down the CTRL key when you right click a misspelled word and voila - the FF box pops up.

Your editing privileges should be the same - are not seeing the edit button on old posts, new ones, or both?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But it's odd, because the codes are working (now) for me in the Rich text editor, and I can see the "slant" smiley as a smiley in Lauren's post, but not the "smile," for instance. I'll go switch. That means anyone typing in codes instead of clicking smileys from the menu would have to switch, right?

So Lauren, switch to BB editor! :lol3:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure if its me or my work computer. Using Safari and I can't seem to get to the site. It keeps saying "Page not found", and when it does come up, I can't post anything!

I am also using Safari at home, and so far, no issues

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How do I do that :confused:  You know me :dunce:.....  I will try to find it.
But it's odd, because the codes are working (now) for me in the Rich text editor, and I can see the "slant" smiley as a smiley in Lauren's post, but not the "smile," for instance. I'll go switch. That means anyone typing in codes instead of clicking smileys from the menu would have to switch, right?
So Lauren, switch to BB editor!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So Lauren, switch to BB editor! :lol3:
THANKS, MY FRIEND :heart3::jump: It works for me now :hugs:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having problems setting up a new avatar.  After clicking under my avatar "add/upload" shows up but when I browse my url doesn't work.  What exactly am I supposed to do, thanks.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Well im viewing the site through my phone and won't be doing that very often as I still can't use the view new post button that works because the site can't open the drop down menus will there ever be a button that is just a button?
I'm seeing one, near the top of the page.  There's a bar that says Forum Nav and has a dropdown menu. At the other end of that bar is a button for "new posts".

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, here is a list of my subscriptions see how the first one has the green arrow and the one below it does not?
I don't see that at all.

This is what I see when I click on my subscriptions

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm having problems setting up a new avatar.  After clicking under my avatar "add/upload" shows up but when I browse my url doesn't work.  What exactly am I supposed to do, thanks.
These are the Huddler instructions for setting up an avatar:

Change Your Avatar

Your avatar is the picture associated with your user account. Your avatar (or picture) will follow you around the community next to your forum posts to help other users identify you. Feel free to upload your own image according to the terms of service.

Navigate to your profile by clicking on the "My Profile" link.
Underneath your existing avatar, there is a "Replace Image" button.
Click the "Replace Image" button to pull up the Image tool. A popup will appear.
You can choose to upload an image from your desktop or import an image from an external URL.
When you are done, click "OK." Your profile will reload to display your new avatar.

Give those a try and see if they work. :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't see that at all.
This is what I see when I click on my subscriptions
See the dropdown menu in the gold bar at the top that says Forum Nav ? Choose Subscriptions. You are looking at the place to edit them, not to view them. :)

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See the dropdown menu in the gold bar at the top that says Forum Nav ? Choose Subscriptions. You are looking at the place to edit them, not to view them. :)
Okay. I found it, thanks. :) No gold bar though, but I found the options I had to choose "Threads" to get that page you were showing.

Activity Forums Threads Edit My Subscriptions

I can't find anything that will take me to "today's posts". I don't want "new posts" because that only shows the ones I haven't read. I don't want subscribed posts, because again, that only shows posts I haven't read.

Do you know the search I mean? We could click on "Today's posts" and there, in order of posting time was a list of every thread.

Last edited:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I get my url from 'my pictures' from my hard drive and tried getting the url from my photobucket.  I c/p and still the avatar does not change.  There is something I'm not doing right but don't know what that is.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Okay. I found it, thanks. :) No gold bar though, but I found the options I had to choose "Threads" to get that page you were showing.
Activity Forums Threads Edit My Subscriptions
I can't find anything that will take me to "today's posts". I don't want "new posts" because that only shows the ones I haven't read. I don't want subscribed posts, because again, that only shows posts I haven't read.
Do you know the search I mean? We could click on "Today's posts" and there, in order of posting time was a list of every thread.
If you hit the new posts it shows you read and not read posts form today and back. The ones you haven't read have the green arrow.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I get my url from 'my pictures' from my hard drive and tried getting the url from my photobucket.  I c/p and still the avatar does not change.  There is something I'm not doing right but don't know what that is.

OK, go to where you upload your avatar. If you are going to upload directly from your computer select browse, then hit the browse button and select the file:

Then you should be able to uplaod it. :)

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you hit the new posts it shows you read and not read posts form today and back. The ones you haven't read have the green arrow.
oh yeah. I was looking wrong. thanks :)